My wife and I were at the Royal Plantation from 3 May until 10 May. We had a magnificent time! We have stayed at four different Sandals, all in Jamaica, and as far as I am concerned this resort is the "crown jewel" of the Sandals chain. It uniquely combines the charm and grace of old Jamaica with all of the amenities and conveniences of the new Jamaica. The resort is quiet and low key which is something that we really appreciated. The Staff Team is extraordinary. We had no issues whatsoever. They are always available - never intrusive and always pleasant. Our butlers, Orayne and Marvin, were just exceptional. We never lacked a thing.
The food is great at all of the restaurants but our favorite was the French. It's a wonderful dining experience and they definitely do not rush you. We also enjoyed the tea and scones in the late afternoon. A very nice touch. We had a second floor room on the east wing which gave us a superb view of the ocean and the grounds. The room was very pleasant, clean and functional. The beaches, while not very long, are extremely clean. You do need to stake out your beach lounges but we didn't have a problem. Your butlers will assist you. The gentlemen in the Water Sports area do a great job of keeping an eye on everything. Drinks are regularly served on the beach which of course is a big plus. The snorkeling was average, but the water was very clear. The Returning Guest dinner was enjoyable, very well done and not overly long. One of the best we have been to. Great job!
Again, just an excellent vacation. The Royal Plantation is a great place if you enjoy peace and tranquility and just need to "log-off" for a while. You will lack for nothing.
Best of everything to ALL of the Staff. God bless and hope to see you all again soon!
James and Mary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios