Went here for our honeymoon last year. The hotel is small but nice, the best thing about it is the food, totally different to other all inclusives.
Having a butler is a nice touch, we're not particularly "needy" so we didn't have them running around for us, but the bubble baths and chocolates in the room on various days were nice. Some of the other guests who go there (or were there when we were) can be very demanding and unbelievably rude. We had a couple of meals ruined, at the French restaurant I had to interject on behalf of the waiter because the customer was tearing a strip off him for daring to have a special which contained mushrooms!
The rooms are nice enough but the bathrooms could do with a bit of modernisation. As smokers the lack of a balcony was a bit of an issue but we knew about that before we went.
All in all a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios