We recently spent July 23-August 2 at RP-our fourth visit! We absolutely love this resort! I will hit the Pros and Cons of this visit.
Cons-Our check-in process did not impress us. After receiving our welcome drink and fresh towel, we sat for about 10 seconds before being direct to STANDING IN LINE at the front desk to check in. Neither our previous 3 trips at RP or our trip to Emerald Bay included standing in a line to check in. We are accustomed to having the check-in process being done while we are seated and relaxed after a long trip instead of standing in a line behind others. Not a good first impression. Also, if you are entitled to a 10% discount for being a fireman/woman or military individual----be sure to bring your proper identification EVEN if you have shown it before on previous visits, given it to your travel agent, etc. Just bring it again!
The Returning Guest Dinner was very lack luster. The GM was not there and we especially wanted to meet him after our relationship with Peter Frazier. (In fact the several times we asked about him, we were told he was "off-property"). During the dinner, there was also no mention of the Foundation or relationship with the Mansfield School. We have supported and visited this school on several occasions and had hoped to hear about them at the dinner.
Pros-Food at RP has always been good but it was EXCEPTIONAL this time. Cudos to the Chef and the new Food and Beverage Director!! As something different to do, we traveled next door and ate at China Doll and Kokomos. We enjoyed the experience but food was so much better at RP.
Last but not least-we so appreciated our butlers Chase and Donard. They made our trip fabulous and helped us celebrate our 25th anniversary!!! They are the best!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios