I wanted to write a review for this resort, as I've never written a review for anything ever before....not a product, a place, a trip....NOTHING!! But the absolute fabulous time we had at Royal Plantation warrants that I write my first-ever review!
I sincerely cannot think of a complaint. If I must force myself, .......I come up with the fact that the water temp in the shower varied wildly while taking a shower?? But who cares, when everything was so perfect. And honestly, if I'd even had the notion to complain, they probably would have done something about it, given the level of service at this resort!
Food is fantastic, service is BEYOND fantastic, evening entertainment is nothing to write home about, but was just right for a small resort. Beach is just right, people are super-friendly, beach service is unbelievable. They really do spritz you with rosewater (if you desire!), place cool cucumbers on your eyes, and offer you fresh fruit! We recv'd 3 phone calls while there, asking if our stay was as we'd like for it to be, and if they could provide anything else we needed. It's not the cheapest all-inclusive option out there, but by far, it is well worth the money, as you feel they have covered every whim or desire you might have while there. It seemed that about the time we thought of something we might like, they showed up asking how they could be of service. We hear they are opening one in the Turks & Caicos soon, and we'll definitely be visiting! By the way, it was our 10th anniversary, which we only mentioned once at checkin (hadn't signed up for or bought any special anniversary packages, etc), and not only did they remember, but we were presented with a card, champagne, and a special dessert during our dinner on our anniversary night.
This is certainly a low-key resort, so if you are looking for a party resort, this might not be your option. But if you want top notch service, with a quiet atmosphere, but one that isn't "dead and boring," then this is perfect. There's a 1.5 hour ride from the Montego airport, but I didn't see that as a negative. Why not see the Jamaican countryside along the way, and if you ask your driver questions, he'll answer, and you just might learn something, too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios