My boyfriend and I went to the Royal Plantation from May 26 through May 30, 2006. We had such a great time!; we did not want to leave this resort!
When we arrive at MBJ we realized that AA did not board our luggage to the plane; we were so disappointed at the airline! Anyways that's another story. We went to the SANDALS section/room at the airport and they offer us drinks and/or refreshments! Then we met up with our driver David, which he really nice. The ride fro MBJ to Ocho Rios was about 2 hours; I really thought that I was going to get car sick when I read all the previous reviews but actuallity it was not bad at all. It could be worst.
When we arrive at the hotel, we where greeted upon arrival and they offered us champagne. Also, we told them about our luggage incident and they told us not to worry about it, that they will take care of calling the airline. In which they did; the following day our luggage was in our room at 6 pm, they went to MBJ airport and pick it up for us!!! That's 5 star service to us!
Our room was great; we stayed in luxury oceanfront suite. The room was really nice! We even got to see to NBA playoffs from our room! GO HEAT!!!
The food was great; I ate lobster almost every day for lunch at the Bayside restaurant!!!
I highly recommend this resort we had a phenomenal time. The resort is the most beautiful resort in ocho rios, the service is great, and Jamaica is awesome!
Also if you want a party atmosphere, the RP will give you a pass to go next door to Sandals. They also offer free shuttle service to Margarita Ville on Monday's (I think).
We can't wait to go back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios