This was our first experience staying in Jamaica. I must say, staying in the resort only, was a different experience than used to, as far as the Carribean, however the RP was wonderful. The hotel itself is simply beautiful. the beaches, although small are nice, quaint in a way, even crowded you still felt the intamacy.
The staff, they do seem to go out of thier way to make your trip 5 star. The restaurants are nice, the food could use some help, yet this could be just the fact that we are from the metropolitain NY area and used to a lot of choices. Room service was a treat, food served in courses, it was wonderful as far as room service. My husband and I choose the Royal plan and found it to be a great way to go, but the choice of wines did lack a bit. I am a wine drinker, and I did feel they could, and should expand a bit on thier wine selections.
Our room wasn't as promised,, or as paid for.. I was a bit dissapointed in that. We were only there for four days and they did offer to change this for us after a day, we didn't want to pack and unpack again for such a short stay, so we lived with it. Still a dissapointment I feel I shouldn't have hd to live with.
The staff on the beach, couldn't have been nicer. or more helpful. the spa, wonderful, couples massage, heaven. For the few kinks we ran into, we will we back. Have made reservations already, for one of the better rooms, so there will be no mishaps as far as rooms this time.
This truly is a romantic resort and would highly recommend this resort to all looking for upscal treatment and service in Ocho Rios.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Destinology, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios