“Awful! Awful! Awful!”
Review of Rooms Ocho Rios

Rooms Ocho Rios
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 25 December 2012

If I could give this place zero stars... Traveled with other parties. Our rooms were dusky, dusty, and dirty (room smelled, dirty glasses to go with dirty ice bucket). Things broken/missing. Maintenance had to constantly be called and they took FOREVER to show up! Asked to exchange dirty towels for clean ones and the maid said she only cleaned rooms and couldn't exchange the towels! We tried to spend as much time as possible outside of the rooms. Other disgusting things I won't even mention here. The bar was outside and if you could catch the bartender, your choices were from the limited options on a card table. Music blared every night until almost three in the morning. It literally shook the windows. Staff was non-chalant about service. I was counting the hours until I could go home! I get shudders thinking about that place.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel and DO YOUR RESEARCH!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank JDWheel

Reviewed 24 December 2012

We ended up staying at this hotel because our previously booked accommodations were sub-par. I wish we had stayed at the original accommdations. Let me first say the good things about this hotel. The ladies at the front desk, the bellmen & maintenance staff were very helpful and wanted to do their best. The hotel is literally on the beach, and did have its own pool, so that was great. Unfortunately the hotel itself is in dire need of some maintenance.

The first night me, my husband, 2 kids (ages 3 & 6 months), and mother, cram into a standard hotel room - 2 double beds. The air conditioner was going at great guns... unfortunately the remote for the AC didn't work. So we froze our butts off that night. On day 2 we called maintenance who came and tried to work it out and find a replacement remote control. In the meanwhile we figured we'd try to get a bigger room. We were moved down the hall to a slightly bigger room - 1 queen bed, 2 twins. 10 mins after rolling 4 checked bags & 4 carry-ons down the hall, I hear some water. I thought someone left the pipe running, only to find water leaking (more like gushing) from the unit above. So we moved all our bags back to the original room and waited for more availability. We finally got a family style room - 3 double beds, that now have no balcony or beach view but instead overlooks the parking lot for the shopping center adjacent. At this point we are as satisfied as I think we could be and stayed our last 2 days there. The door lock wasn't working, but, the hotel got it fixed immediately. Bathrooms needed some help - tubs looked like they needed to be refinished.

Would not opt to stay here again, and after this trip have decided that we will no longer "ball on a budget" - if we can't afford to stay somewhere nice we're not bothering to go on vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank TimeSharing
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Here is my review short and sweet.
Was it the best?
Glamour?
Over and beyond service.
BIG NO
But you are on the beach,there is a bar,cable and easy access to get places to sight see,and food is good as well.

If you are wanting a vacation and you do it often, stay here.
If you have been saving up and you NEVER travel and won't for awhile go somewhere else and pamper yourself a bit more. You can have a better experience.

But I always say, never go into debt for a vacation. It makes the whole thing worthless if you do!
Have fun MON!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank VEM32
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I had the worst experience of my life staying at rooms. I arrived at the hotel half hour past my check in time, only to hear my room is not ready. I sat n waited for a whole hour before I could go to my room. I got to my room, only to b staring at my mom n brother, n they staring back at me. The room was very boring, poor room service, bathroom was dirty, bed no good. The next day, my family came to visit, they were stooped at the front,only to hear they ave to pay a fee each to go into my room that I already paid for. I went downstairs n asked to speak to the manager. Sonia Davis the manager said, its their policy n they can't n if they try to come to my room, she will call security, which they did n even police after I was done with them. Never again will I go back there.

Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank slimz25
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have stayed at Rooms twice so far and each time I get a decent price with really nice ppl. I usually stay at rooms when I am in a large group. The staff always accompanies us and they are very nice. The hotel its self is not very glitz and glamor but for the price your paying who would think that anyway? The beds can be very stiff if your not use to it. If your staying in a small group with less then 5 ppl I would honestly say stay somewhere else but if you need a bang for your buck rooms is the place. The food at their little restaurant is really good too although they do have stray cats that come up on the property at times.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2012

i arrived to this hotel at around 8pm after many delays by the airline. front desk staff nice. when i got to the room tired i realize that the beds had no box springs at all!!! it was just the matress on a wood frame. needless to say the mattress was very thin. my back was hurting thru out my vacation because of this. the curtains in the room had bullet holes all over the place, i saw 2 roaches while i was there, tv was old and u could barely see the picture, toilet and ac leaked. the restaurant staff was the rudest i have ever encounter on a stay, they acted like they didnt want to be there or like i was bothering them. continental breakfast pitiful!!! the bartender did not know how to make a long island ice t !!!!!when i went to the desk to voice my complaint about rude waitress and the mattress the front desk clerk look at me like i was crazy. im a manager at a hotel so i just went back to my room but have decided never ever to stay at that establisment again.

Room Tip: pay a little bit more and stay at the better resorts like riu, bahia principe or brezes
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nvcbga
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The hotel was okay needs alot of tlc. I stayed in room 1220 the bathroom was awwwful. The bathroom needs to be renovated. Also there is no activities in the hotel boring. You are better off staying at the Sunset Jamaica Grande next door. I usally stay at Sunset Jamaica Grande but they would not make reservations after 9:00PM. So i justed stayed at rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
#29 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril

Been to Rooms Ocho Rios? Share your experiences!