“Good for solo travel”

Rooms Ocho Rios
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
“Good for solo travel”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

As a single female, I was hesitant about traveling solo, but this hotel exceeded my expectations for safety. Right on the beach, inexpensive, decent continental breakfast (toast, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, fruit), WiFi in my room (1362), walking distance to everything, quiet, comfortable. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Andreana J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My stay was from April 17 2014- April 4 2014... i must stay is was my best vacation thus far...
i ususally go to Jamaica at least once a year but i usually stay with family. This trip i wanted to try something different and i want dissapointed at all!!!! ROOMS hotel i must stay was so welcoming, safe and professional especailly for the price.
Everything was in walking distants from clubs to grocery stores to attratcions.. The rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels and bed sheets. the beach was right on the hotel grounds.
I only ate from the hotel once cause we were always doing something but the food was great the 1 time i did eat there.... overall i love love love Jamaica!! and ROOMS OCHI RIOS IS MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME.... SEE YOU IN DECEMEMBER JA!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd level to see the amazing view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank valentinez2014
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here two weeks ago for 9 nights and we loved it. Hotel and surrounding was cleaned all the time, staff was friendly, especially Junior. We quite enjoyed the breakfast and the food in the hotel, the fish I tried for the dinner was delicious. Hotel is located perfectly and right on the beach. The only thing that was missing was the evening entertainment but we would be in bed early anyway after numerous walks on the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms with the balcony and the sea view are totally worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ivanauk27
Washington, DC
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Enjoyed being so close to the public beach and meeting the vendors and watermen. Stayed two nights as part of a challenging bicycle tour, the Jamaica Reggae Ride.

Felt really, really safe. Staff went out of their way to serve. I would give ten stars, if possible, when I count how many times I and I demanded service, and got it quite quick.

On arrival, having biked from MoBay, was tired. Even though many guests arrived at the same time (our 20 plus a bus), not only were the keys distributed promptly, but the doorman even showed I to my room and prepared the closet. Doorman was a model of efficiency.

Were the keys programmed properly for a multi-night stay? Not exactly, but that is easily corrected by the 24 hour staff at this smallish property. On a scale of 1 to 10, a 0.001 issue.

I and I planned to ride to Port Antonio after our first night, and wanted an early breakfast. Other properties should take notice: How much goodwill can be gained by setting out the baked items at 7 instead of 7:30? Tremendous amount, I am quite sure. And they hit that again, when I and I had to prepare an early bus after our second day.

Odd, but I liked the TV for a simple reason: the channels switched quick with front panel controls, so I could check weather quickly. Heard the Internet was slow, but I was off the air, on purpose.

Dryer was $5 a load, but worked. As with other properties in Jamaica, the guest laundry is also the house laundry, but the job got done. Had to go behind the "staff only" door to get towels, but who really cares, in the end analysis.

The bosswoman of the bike tour needed some photocopies, in the view of the I and I guests, and the front desk people let that happen, allowing I to come into their back office to get the job done.

The most important point of this property is that it is one of the few not yet all-inclusive. The gluttony is appalling elsewhere, with folks needing to pass by a row of overweight people, all with a fork in their hand, with a big piece of meat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PeterNMI
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Perfect location!! Central to absolutely everything and right on a beautiful beach. Rooms need updating and the damp/mould issues in all the rooms should be addressed.however the rooms are fairly clean. Overall it's a good bargain in the best possible location.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank ErikaGuk
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at Rooms for 7 nights last week, second floor with balcony ocean view, very clean but as previous reviews said, it needs some upgrades especially the bathroom, if you don't like to take a bath it's OK the shower is very good. We went at Rooms in Negril 2 years ago and the rooms are much better. We heard cats fights almost every night, nothing the hotel can't do I guess. The beach is calm and warm, but it's not the 7 miles beach in Negril of course. The location is perfect, directly on the beach and close to everything. Nice dinner we had without taking a taxi is Passage to India, John Crow, Jerk Centre, Reggae Ally and just across the street Mongoose, very good food. Walk from right side of the resort and you'll find it all. For 30 or 40 dollars taxi, Evita's and Toscanini are good for a nice dinner out. Captain Kirk from the hotel gives good advice and you can trust him, he is a taxi driver but you can find good ones just at the gate of Rooms and ask for Dave he is nice and not so expensive. Lots to do in Ocho Rios, we had fun at Dunn's River falls, Mystic Mountain and you have to try the Segway adventure at Prospect, expensive but worth it. The hotel pool is very clean and very very warm, we liked it a lot. We enjoyed our stay at Rooms, highly recommended if you are not an all inclusive resort traveller.

Room Tip: Balcony with ocean view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ilovebine
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Watch out for them cats at night!!! Tryin to eat ur food,they got good food tho the rooms are clean the pool is very nice too i went there with 3 other people we were able to fit in one single room with three beds so it was very helpful for us!!!!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
#31 of 36 in Ocho Rios
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Been to Rooms Ocho Rios? Share your experiences!