The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsb breggae beachbarefoot chefcassavawhite riverhumming birdsother guestsbreakfast and dinnerlocal beachespumpkin ricethe main househome away from homeamazing hospitalitymeals preparedauthentic jamaican experiencelikes and dislikesmajor attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Well, were do I begin?? I searched and searched and searched to find somewhere in Jamaica for our honeymoon. I looked at the fancy all inclusive resort, B&B's and everything inbetween. I finally settled on The Blue House and am I ever glad I did. Elise, put up with my emails for almost 1 year asking questions after question, this was afterall my honeymoon and I wanted it to be perfect!! And it was perfect, the food, the service, the accomodations, all beyond what we expected, and our expectation were HIGH! Elise, Darryl, Mommy (aka Gloria), Kerry-Ann, Orlando, Marlon, Yvvone, Alvin and all the other staff that I forgotten to mention were better than any fancy 5 star all-inclusive resort. From the gardens that were maintained so well, to Elise's conversation around the dinner table, the amazing food prepared fresh daily by Darryl, to the top-notch cleaning and customer service of all the ladies. We were impressed! This not like any other B&B we have stayed at, the menu is not a "hope for the best", fingers crossed there is something that I will like.......it is totally based on your likes and dislikes and there is more than enough food brought to the table every night and the delicious cakes Darryl makes are to die for!!! I suggest men wear shorts with elastic waists and ladies make sure your dresses lose and comfortable.........you will need the extra room after sitting at Darryl's table!! If you LOVE a meal and there wasn't one that we didn't, but if you love one more than the rest, you can ask for it again and Darryl with happily accomodate your requests. If you want to be adventurous you can use the locals mode of transportaion, Route Taxi's, or if you are not up for that, Patrick, the driver for the Blue House will take you anywhere you want and his rates are fair. We did a combination of both and loved the adventures of Route Taxi's and the knowledge and professionalism of Patrick. Close to all activities and beaches, you can be out and about doing something everyday or sit by the pool which is freshing, clean and quiet. I would highly suggest trying out Reggae and Mahogany Beaches, both are brilliant, but I preferred Mahogany. We stayed in the Cozy Cottage, a beautifully decorated, 2 room, bedroom and living room, and 1 bathroom oasis tucked in at the back of the property. For those we want a little seculsion, this would be the spot for you. I peeked into all the other rooms in the main house, and they were all perfect for various types of travellers, from singles people to couples to families. All in all The Blue House is the one and only place to stay in Ocho, we talked to so many people on our excursions and they were all less impressed with their accomodations and food at their resorts than we were with ours at The Blue House. Not to mention, you are not one of 1,000 - 1,500 guests at a mega resort, you are one of maybe 6-8 guests and you will catered to on every level. From the moment we left, I was plotting on how to get back, this time with our kids. Everyone should experience service, food and accomodations at the level that The Blue House.

Room Tip: If you would like a little more seclusion, pick The Cozy Cottage. This is where we stayed and we loved it, air-conditioned, with a comfortable bed with a luxurious rainforest shower. You will not be disappointed with any of the rooms you choose here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank backonthebike
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I did not want to stay at a hotel. My friend found The blue house. OMG the best thing she could have ever done! It was VERY PEACEFUL! That's what I needed. The staff was great! OMG The food; People, I felt like I was in heaven because I know it was not hell!!!!! I wanted to experience Jamaican food. That I did! The place is clean, You will sleep like a baby. The staff made You feel at home. Anything you may need, they was there. I Loved It!!! You must go and meet Mommy I loved her. Good Luck! I already miss it! Michelle Turnbull

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. any choice made will be a good one!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank michelle t
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Elise, Darryl, Mommy and all Staff set the standard for Service at the BLUE HOUSE!! I have never written a review and I feel compelled to write this one.

The Blue House represents more than just a traditional B&B. Elise and her staff cater to your every need. Offering Personalized Service, Superb food that left me dreaming of what was on the menu next.....Thanks Darryl!!! I traveled alone and I never once felt alone. Elise goes out of her way to ensure you have what you need and then some. Her staff Keryanne, Shawna, Marlon we remarkable during my staff. Elise had drivers take whever I needed to go. I had a tour that required me to be dressed early in the morning and Darryl the Magnificent Chef made my breakfast early!!!!!! I Absolutely Recommend the Blue House.....You Will Not be dissappointed!!!!!

Room Tip: The Cottages are amazing and open to the garden with beautiful orchids and hummingbirds.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Shyvonnemd
Reviewed 3 May 2012

And YES it's just as good as the first time! AMAZING SERVICE. EXTRAORDINARY FOOD. It just doesn't get any better then THE BLUE HOUSE!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BettyHopkins7
Reviewed 3 May 2012

There are all inclusives, upscale high end resorts Then there is the Blue House!!! This magnificent B&B has all of the landscaped beauty, accessability to the sights and activities in Ocho Rois and the relaxed atmosphere of being in a warm home environment. Elise (owner) is an AMAZING host and has a well trained friendly staff that know what true customer service is all about. The food prepared by brother Darryl is award winning and will leave you wanting more!!! Truly a wonderful experience. Try it you'll love it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends