Just is just a little not to say thanks to Elsie, Daryl, Sonia, Patrick, Samantha, Orlando and the others whose names I have now forgotten.
My husband and I spent four days at Blue house and it was wonderful. I won’t say much about the food as everyone has already said it all. However, you should know that Daryl also makes some yummy deserts. It is not often you find one who can both bake and cook.
What we enjoyed about Blue House most was the relaxing feel of home that it offered. We also loved the morning breakfasts and dinners we shared with the other guests. These were times when we shared our day, had a few laughs, and got to know each other a bit. This kind of easy conversation is something you don’t often find at big hotels and definitely not at the all-inclusives that line the strip down the road from Blue House. We got to know some really nice people beyond the surface introductions of what do you do and where are you from. This is all to say that this is the kind of atmosphere the Blue House group creates while at the same time also proving lots of room for privacy, even outside the room. One night my husband and I took our rum punch and relaxed by the pool watching the starts. It was just the two of us and it was beautiful and intimate.
Because of where Blue House is, I can’t help but to make the comparison between it and the other hotels nearby. I was (I guess) fortunate enough to get a good look around San Susci (the large hotel at the bottom of the road – Blue House is on a residential street away from the traffic and strip of hotels) because my husband went diving there and I was able to get it only because of a lack of communication between the front gate and the dive shop. My look around there reconfirmed for me why Blue House is such a gem. Blue House has nothing of the artificiality that you find in those hotels that fall over you to cater to your every need, which is not to say that Elsie and Sonia won’t be there to help you with whatever you need. It is the manner in which they do it that makes all the difference for me. They love what they do and it shows in everything they do. There is nothing of that sterile atmosphere that you find at those all-inclusives. Blue House is your home for your stay where you can kick up your feet and watch the humming birds feed from sugar water on the porch.
By the way, if you don’t have a car, I highly recommend Patrick as a driver. He is great company, easy to talk to and was a real pleasure to have as a driver. In short, thanks everyone at Blue House. It was a wonderful trip and you made this possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue House Boutique Bed and Breakfast in Ocho Rios Jamaica offers all the intimacy and charm of a small boutique hotel at an affordable cost. Here's your chance to experience REAL JAMAICA in a cozy, elegant guest house with mouth-watering cuisine and genial, hospitable hosts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue House Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast Jamaica/Ocho Rios