“A trip to Remember”

and 1 more site!
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 20 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was really happy about my stay at the Blue House. The stuff was really nice and the owners made sure we were all happy with our stay. We visited as a group which made really nice. We booked the whole house so we had everything to ourselves. The food was soooo good. What was really nice of Elise was that she asked each one of us what we liked and what we didn't. Since we all arrived on different days, everyone got to enjoy their favorite meal the day they arrived. Those Cassava pancakes did it for me...I could fly back just for that. The weather was great...I really didn't feel the need to leave the house. With a nice pool and a balcony that overlooks the hills....all I wanted was my glass of wine and I was in heaven. We had such an awesome experience and would love to go back there soon. I also liked the location because it wasn't too far from the town, dunn's river and reggae beach. I would recommend this place to everyone.....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travel J

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just is just a little not to say thanks to Elsie, Daryl, Sonia, Patrick, Samantha, Orlando and the others whose names I have now forgotten.
My husband and I spent four days at Blue house and it was wonderful. I won’t say much about the food as everyone has already said it all. However, you should know that Daryl also makes some yummy deserts. It is not often you find one who can both bake and cook.
What we enjoyed about Blue House most was the relaxing feel of home that it offered. We also loved the morning breakfasts and dinners we shared with the other guests. These were times when we shared our day, had a few laughs, and got to know each other a bit. This kind of easy conversation is something you don’t often find at big hotels and definitely not at the all-inclusives that line the strip down the road from Blue House. We got to know some really nice people beyond the surface introductions of what do you do and where are you from. This is all to say that this is the kind of atmosphere the Blue House group creates while at the same time also proving lots of room for privacy, even outside the room. One night my husband and I took our rum punch and relaxed by the pool watching the starts. It was just the two of us and it was beautiful and intimate.
Because of where Blue House is, I can’t help but to make the comparison between it and the other hotels nearby. I was (I guess) fortunate enough to get a good look around San Susci (the large hotel at the bottom of the road – Blue House is on a residential street away from the traffic and strip of hotels) because my husband went diving there and I was able to get it only because of a lack of communication between the front gate and the dive shop. My look around there reconfirmed for me why Blue House is such a gem. Blue House has nothing of the artificiality that you find in those hotels that fall over you to cater to your every need, which is not to say that Elsie and Sonia won’t be there to help you with whatever you need. It is the manner in which they do it that makes all the difference for me. They love what they do and it shows in everything they do. There is nothing of that sterile atmosphere that you find at those all-inclusives. Blue House is your home for your stay where you can kick up your feet and watch the humming birds feed from sugar water on the porch.
By the way, if you don’t have a car, I highly recommend Patrick as a driver. He is great company, easy to talk to and was a real pleasure to have as a driver. In short, thanks everyone at Blue House. It was a wonderful trip and you made this possible.

1  Thank suzsuzfl
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We had two absolutely wonderful days in the Blue House. It was great to stay there and experience real Jamaican hospitality, family living, spending time chatting  with other guests. The room was comfortable, the food was beyond belief and expectations. The hosts and staff were extremely professional and friendly. Elise and Daryl have created a wonderful setting that you experience most of all at meals. They also shuttled us to Reggae beach, where we spent relaxing days by the ocean. We definitely hope to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liya R
Reviewed 17 July 2013

A true slice of heaven on earth. The exterior is a charming periwinkle and the colors that abound throughout the house reflect the rainbow along with the lucious gardens that encirlce the property.It is so peaceful and serene and we were so blessed by Elise's generous hospitality.The food is outstanding and plentiful, creativly prepared by her brother Daryl. It was my third visit and it's like coming home!

1  Thank Dede H
Reviewed 16 July 2013

"A piece of Heaven" is exactly what one of my friends said as he relaxed in the pool, surrounded by flowering shrubs and hummingbirds. This is my third trip to the Blue House and I absolutely love it more each time. Elise and Daryl are wonderful. The entire staff is warm and welcoming. The food is FANTASTIC! The curried goat and grilled shrimp are out of this world. The desserts; coconut cake, warm pineapple cake and chocolate hazelnut cake simply luscious! We are a large group and everything was handled with grace and ease. We especially enjoy the breakfast on the White River. What a refreshing way to start the day! Elise is an artist, as the house and grounds are beautiful. We will return again!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The accomodations are beautiful, the food is excellent, Elise and Daryl are such wonderful people on a personal level. Love coming back here with our group! I've been here 3 times and can't wait to return!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Elise hosts our mission team every year after a long week of running a sports camp in Kingston. Kids sleep everywhere around the house. Daryl makes the most amazingly yummy food for our group too. The Blue House is an incredibly beautiful place to stay when you're on the "pretty" side of the island. Elise's hospitality and everyone's desire to make you feel at home is like nowhere else you'll ever experience. Stay at the Blue House! It'll be the best stay you'll have anywhere!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocho Rios
#3 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Great Huts
Great Huts
#1 of 30 in Port Antonio

Been to The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!