“The most amazing vacation ever”

and 1 more site!
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 19 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“The most amazing vacation ever”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I left the Blue House a week ago and from the time I left until today it's all my daughter and myself talk about. I went there with my 11 year old daughter and I felt incredibly safe my entire stay. I used their driver Patrick and he was amazing. Prior to booking the trip I had read pretty much every review so I had extremely high expectations and the Blue House exceed them. Everyone went above and beyond for us. The highlight of the trip was definitely the food. We purchased the dinner plan which was the best decision ever it was well worth the price. My daughter is deathly allergic to tree nuts and highly allergic shellfish the chef Daryl was so accommodating and made sure to separate any foods with nuts or shellfish. He would ask her what are her favorite foods and then incorporate them into the menu in a creative way where she was happy and I was happy as well. My daughter was getting seconds and licking her fingers lol. Everything was so fresh and delicious and the presentation was great too. We both really enjoyed talking to Elise at dinner. I'm very shy and she made me feel so comfortable like we had known each other for years. They really treated us like royalty the whole week. They helped us plan out our excursions once we figured out what we wanted to do they handled the rest and made it happen we didn't have to do a thing and with a tween it was great to have the free wi-fi it really came in handy. We can not wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sanctuary Room the bed was super comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our experience at the Blue House was wonderful. Elise, Darryl and the whole staff were warm and extremely accommodating. The food by the Barefoot Chef was spectacular! This is a great place to get away, chill, get married, have a family reunion...you name it!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed one night but the food was great and Elise and Darryl so friendly, All the staff was accommodating and I will really like to go back, It is beautiful and peaceful. They will take you where you want to go as it is off the beaten path

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked the Upper Room because of all the rave reviews and it didn't disappoint. The shower was spectacular and the pictures on the website don't do it justice. The food was delicious and never once disappointed. It was my husband's first trip out of the States and my first trip back home in over a decade and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. I will warn you that if you go once, you'll keep going back. We're already planning a return trip for the coming year. We celebrated our 10-year anniversary during our stay and decided to renew our vows while there. Elise was amazing and got us a secluded, breathtaking location on the beach at sunset. Darryl is nothing short of a culinary genius. Rosie, Diandra, and Orlando (the staff) were fantastic and we absolutely can't wait to go back. Book today, it will exceed every one of your expectations!

Room Tip: The Upper Room is superb as is the Cottage, where we'll be staying the next time around.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is one of the greatest experiences I have ever had at a Bed and Breakfast. The food is incredible, the people are welcoming, the view is beautiful, and it is a great place to stay if you want to have an excellent time in Jamaica. Plenty of new foods to try and the drivers are very helpful and kind. I would recommend this place to anyone and am so glad my family chose to stay here!

1 Thank Nathan R
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Where do I start to describe The Blue House? We recently completed our 5th (or so) stay there as the truth is we have lost count. We have stayed many times and plan to return many times. We found the Blue House in 2011 when we were engaged and looking for a place to get married. We would have had our wedding there but we just couldn't fit 230 people into this little gem of a bed & breakfast!! The food leaves us amazed and wanting more, every meal. We are locals and have our choice of restaurants all over the island but will ALWAYS choose The Blue House for every meal they will feed us if we are in Ocho Rios. The rooms are fantastic, every one of them. Clean, well maintained and comfortable. Each room has its own personality. I have read past reviews criticizing the occasional presence of an insect. I would like to tell those who have left such comments and those who may come that Jamaica is a tropical island, we have insects. You choose this bed & breakfast environment because its NOT an impersonal, hermetically sealed All Inclusive hotel. Our homes are built to allow air flow and tropical breezes. This home is open, airy and breezy but yet screened to prevent such insects who may want to come in. If the occasional insect finds their way in, one can hardly blame the staff and management who work to keep the environment clean and welcoming. The staff, especially Elise & Daryl are stellar, they work tirelessly to ensure that you are happy, safe, well fed and that you see all that our island has to offer while relaxing and enjoying yourself. The rest of the staff are like ninjas, operating behind the scenes leaving you wondering just how many people work there. If you are sitting here reading this review wondering if you should book this B&B, don't hesitate, just do it. I promise, you wont regret it.

Room Tip: You cant choose a bad room but if you need solid sleep, choose the Cottage, the wood shutters block...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S S
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Wow where to start, ok so the property itself is situated on the nicest street in all of ocho rios. The driver Patrick was awesome, funny and showed us the real side of Jamaica, he made us feel safe and feel the true heart of Jamaica. The property was large and warm with a relaxed feel. As an American the AC is hugely important and they had one that worked great in our room, the bathroom was huge with an enormous shower. The owner was such a sweetheart and many hours were spent talking on the patio to the wee hours of the night. The food was off the hook, Daryll the owners brother was the nicest most talented chef ice ever met every night we were amazed by what he whipped up for us. Beaches are super close and not packed and you feel safe the whole time, they even have their own security and guard dogs for extra safety, even though you would never even feel the need to use them, you can go and come as you please and every staff member including Orlando whose smile and laugh made us feel at home. For a stay in Ocho Rios we will be back, but honestly don't look this place over just book it!

Room Tip: Choose the largest room, it's absolutely amazing, the bathroom is as big as the regular room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple