“A piece of my heart is still there...”

The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 19 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
“A piece of my heart is still there...”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had the most amazing and memorable time while at The Blue House! The grounds were beautifully maintained daily, the home itself was immaculate and extremely cozy, the food was absolutely divine, the staff were very polite and friendly, and finally Ms. Elise, Darryl and their lovely mother were truly the highlight of my stay at The Blue House. I have never met nicer people who literally treated me as if I were family visiting from abroad. I was fortunate enough to spend some one on one time with Ms.Elise and was blown away by her beautiful heart, spirit, and incredible spunk! As I was traveling by myself, I never felt alone or uncomfortable while there. Ms. Elise made sure that myself and the other guests were always taken care of. Ms. Elise went above and beyond to make sure her guest had an amazing time. I am so thankful to her and her generosity! I have ranted and raved to everyone I know and can't wait to return! I arrived in Jamaica not knowing a soul and left with a new "Auntie Elise"! :)

Stefanie
Orlando, Florida

Room Tip: I stayed in the Sanctuary. It was HUGE and extremely cozy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stefanie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This wonderful home and its owners and staff made our stay and rest the best we had in a long time. Everyday was something new and magical to discover. I was actually quite sad the last day when we were leaving.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank HappySouthie
New York
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had the opportunity of staying at The Blue House for six days. It was chosen after reading the great reviews on Trip Adviser' Well, we are confirming that all the accolades are well deserved. The owners, Elise and Darryl are very hospitable. Location, cleanliness, comfort and of course the food are all good. If you need a great bed and breakfast in Ocho Rios, I highly recommend The Blue House Boutique.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NewYorkYardman
Milton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 August 2014

So sad to leave the Blue House. Upon entering the Blue House you will notice the elegant decor,cleanliness, and love that embodies this beautiful boutique hotel.

We have stayed at another hotel that is considered "top rated" in Ochi but the Blue House wins on every level. From the morning discussions with the bare foot chef to the evening dinners with Elise. I will truly treasure these moments. We were even able to bring our father in law down to the Blue House which Elise and Daryl graciously accommodated us and he loved it there. Not only did he love the meal but fell in love with the "ambiance" of the Blue House.

Of course I can not leave out the food! Each and every morning Darryl the barefoot chef made the most delicious,scrumptious, and delectable meals that we have ever experienced in Jamaica. During our discussions with Elise she would casually find out our favorite dishes and unexpectedly they would find their way on our dinner table. Who could ask for more? I certainly could not. We would always be served with Rosie's smiling face in the morning and Lando's patient and gentle manner in the evenings. Pure paradise.

Another tip that you should really consider is to contribute to Elise's ministries that help single moms. We were able to contribute groceries to a young mother and I challenge each guest to do the same if not more.

Elise, Darryl, and their staff are top rated among ANY of the hotels in Jamaica. Don't just "think" about reserving your room do it NOW! Believe me you will not regret it. Also if you enjoy your experience give them the highest rating! They deserve this and more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marlese2014
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Hi, my husband and I stayed at the blue house for six night and I must say it was one of the best place we've ever stayed!! The entire staff was so welcoming and friendly!! We had such a wonderful time. It was just a breath of fresh air. Food was beyond amazing, that cassava pancake was to due for!!! We truly felt like family and we can't wait to return with the entire family!! We love you guys, and thanks for making our vacation so wonderful!! Love Omar and Petagaye

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Petagaye
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our family of seven stayed at the Blue House for 7 days in July 2014 and were so very impressed with everything! What a treat to stay where you are welcomed like family and treated like honored guests! Blue House allows the traveler to really experience Jamaica - not just a resort package. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the surroundings very beautiful (especially the view from the balcony where you can eat your meals in the open air, with hummingbirds and a view of the ocean.) Don't miss splashing in the river - gorgeous! And if you have time to experience the Blue Hole, it's sure worth the trip!

Every reviewer raves about the food, and now I know why! My whole family loved the creative and delicious meals put together by chef Darryl! My daughter decided that if she becomes a chef she wants to study in his kitchen!

We had the great privilege to be part of a mission team while we stayed, and it was truly an amazing experience for us all. Highly recommended! Our daughters ages 11 - 19 LOVED it.

We definitely want to return and do it all over again!

Room Tip: All rooms seem great, so just choose what best suits you from the website.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 7happyfamily
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

As a discerning traveller who knows Jamaica extremely well, i can honestly say that staying at the Blue House exceeded my expectations. Ellise, Darryl and all the staff can run a master class, anywhere, on customer care. They were are amazing hosts who made us feel at home especially Darryls Jamaican dishes which are to die for. Cant wait to go back !! Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends