“Great choice...”

Cuisines: American, Jamaican
Bay Area
“Great choice...”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with my brother in laws because I was craving fish. When I looked over the menu I literally heard the angels (ahhhh...lol) I wanted everything!

I sat there for a while trying figure out what I wanted. Did I want steamed fish or conch? Ooh...lobster. I chose the Steamed Fish with Coconut Milk with Rice N Peas.

It was definitely different than anything I've ever had before. It was so creamy yet a bit spicy (I don't like spicy). I did not like the fact that there were so many bones. It was hard to fully enjoy the yummy taste. I got full quick so I fridged it. Don't do it! It's not the same. If you can't eat it in one sitting, give it away or just don't get it. It's something that needs to be savored in one helping.

I will absolutely return again. I want the conch...I want shrimp and lobster...lol

1 Thank mortj14

Miami
“Lunch like a native”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Fancy Seafood on James Ave was an exceptional meal. Authentic and great atmosphere. James Ave is a bit rough. Take a cab or treat your driver to lunch like we did. It was his recommendation and a great one at that.

Visited June 2014
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Well worth it”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Being up a side street it is often over looked,but it you can make an effort it is well worth it.The food is excellent,and service great.I can recommend the stir fried shrimp(prawns,if your British),good size portions and very tasty.There a very few places where you can get a good steak,this is one.The prices are good.Try it out,you wont be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Robin J
Carman, Illinois, United States
“"THE HMMM! EXPERIENCE".”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

New restaurant in town! This was the best lobster we have ever experienced! Hmmm! Good. Earl, the owner and chef serves large portions of lobster, shrimp, fish, conch, ribs, steak, jerk chicken with lots of side dishes and other Jamaican and American cuisine. Also sandwiches, salads, soup and a nice selection of desserts including chocolate ice cream. The prices are very reasonable. The lobster was very reasonably priced, seasoned wonderfully and melted in your mouth! Kristy, our waitress, prepared our dessert of 4 scoops of chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup, whipping cream and a touch of strawberry syrup! Hmmm, Good!. Patrick prepared our drinks at the nice little bar/juice bar area and he added a personal touch. The restaurant is extremely neat, clean and colorful with a view of the kitchen, with inside and outside dining areas. What I liked best was Earl, Kristy and Patrick and their fun friendly service. This is the best restaurant in Ocho Rios.

• Visited February 2014