“Dont believe everything u read!!!!! Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marine View Hotel

Marine View Hotel
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
miami
“Dont believe everything u read!!!!! Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

I love this place my kids had a fun time in the pool while i was listening to some music by the bar relaxing...In the night i would have a drink at the glow in the dark bar at the hotel so cool...It was walking distance to everywhere the club,shopping,swimming,the market etc...I'm going back for sure jamaica jamaica

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

I can handle run down and in need of repairs. I CAN'T handle DIRTY, UNCLEAN CONDITIONS.

My husband is Jamaican and we return annually for family visit/vacation. I have been going for 12 years and he since he moved to the states in the 80's. I am a registered nurse and cleanliness is my top priority especially when travelling with children. Community acquired infection is a growing concern.

This place upon driving up appeared to be satisfactory but then things changed dramatically. We were touring the island and it was very late and needed a place to lay our heads for the night. The first room had a flying cockroach (i didn't know they grew that big). We consisted of 2 adults and 2 boys (9 & 6) and slept crossway in a double bed <I can handle that...no problem>. I asked for 2 more pillows for the boys and they say they don't have any..... not even a blanket to roll up as a pillow. The room was run down and in need of several repairs but not a major issue. THE BATHROOM HADN'T BEEN CLEANED. YOU COULD SEE WHERE THE TILES IN THE SHOWER AND BY THE SINK HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED. I WORE MY FLIPS WHEN I SHOWERED & TOOK MY CHILDREN TO THE RIVER TO AND BATHED THEM WITH MY HUSBAND.

The next morning we walked to Percy's for breakfast. The food was good but I recommend walking a little further to town and eating at Mom's. We have eaten there many times. The food is even better and you get more food and it costs less than at Percy's.

When we returned to our room it had been (so-called cleaned) she placed the towel i used on the floor to step out of the shower back on the towel rack "YUCK"!!!!! Again she didn't clean the tiles. My shampoo and stuff had leaked in my ziplock bag (so when sat in the shower it left rings. My husband told the cleaning lady that we were checking out so she could clean it for the next guest and she said she was finished cleaning and it was fine. I am so sorry for the next guest. "YUCK"!!!!!

Rooms on the Beach is not to far away and it is very reasonabe and it includes a breakfast. The rooms are very clean and updated. It is nicely located to walk in town.

• Liked — Easy to walk into town
  • Disliked — Most everything!!! It going on the NASTY list.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank leannmj

Travellers are raving about these Ocho Rios hotels

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2008

I have visited and stayed at the Marine View over 20 times. I love this place. Within walking distance of everything. Directly across the street from ocean. Nice pool. Good comfortable beds but no remotes for TV. Nice family owned property. Once I needed a dentist and the owners wife took time to call her personal dentist and make me an appointment.

Leave your used reading materials for the lovely girls in the office - books, magazines etc. They will love you!

When in Ocho Rios - check out Marine View!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — pool chairs
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank pswals
Tallinn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

IF you are looking for a budget hotell in Ocho Rios, this may be the place for you. It's old and tired and needs refreshing, but it's still clean and good enough, if you just want a place to sleep in.

• Liked — Quiet, close to town center
  • Disliked — Unfriendly service at the front desk
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family