“Great day at Blue Hole and Mahogany Beach”
Review of Peat Taylor Tours

Peat Taylor Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Peat Taylor is Jamaica's First Independent Tour Operator, been in the Tour business since the age of 21. He has Toiled to be the first Operator on the Island to have an Internet fanbase. He has maintained a highly reputable name for the 28 years in Jamaica's Tourism industry as the most spoken of Jamaican guide on the internet. And he keeps a very strong operation which is Family based(Son & other Relatives). Without a doubt they remain #1 in customer satisfaction for adventure or sight-seeing tours and ground transport islandwide, Jamaica. Try Peat Taylor Tours for the Best authentic Jamaican experience. You will for sure get a real Jamaican tour guide to safely show you Jamaica like a local would see it, in clean air-conditioned vehicles. Enjoy Jamaica's lovely reggae music, get to know the local culture, have a blast at Jamaica's fun-filled attractions like Dunn's River Falls, Cool Blue Hole (a.k.a Irie Blue Hole or Secret Waterfalls), Beach Horseback Ride n'Swim and river tubing on the White River or go for a swim as agitated water around you glow in the Luminous Lagoon just to say a few of their customary island experiences. You will also get a chance to learn a little of their local Jamaican Patois(Pronounced Patwa) dialect.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked Peat Taylor tours again for our stop in Ocho Rios. We chose a trip to the Blue Hole and Mahogany Beach. Once again, we were not disappointed! Peat was on time, and somehow managed to find friends of ours that were not booked and were late coming off the boat. We stopped in town, and a second van pulled up with our friends aboard. Off to the Blue Hole we went. I will tell you. I thought it was magnificent, though it is a ways from the town and very rustic, so if thats not your cup of tea, dont go.
our guide at the hole was Omer, and he was awesome. he and the rest of the gang did a great job of keeping us all together and making sure we had fun. jumping off cliffs, the waterfall, the rope swing, a good time was had by all. Then it was off to Mahogany Beach, for a few Red Stripes and sun. i guess the most important thing I can say about Peat Taylor Tours is you get good value for your money and they take care of you!! Will use them every time!!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Well we had made arrangements with Peat Taylor Tours online before we arrived in Jamaica. I had asked specifically for a private tour for our group of 8 to Dunns River Falls, The Blue Hole and most importantly to do a school visit. They showed up right on time at our hotel lobby, Oneil, the son of Peat was our guide and driver for the day. He was great, very knowledgeable with a good sense of humor. We did the Falls and then headed to a school, what a highlight, the kids were glad to see us, we brought a large amount of school supplies and had fun playing games with them and listening to them sing us a song. Then we got a bonus on our way to the Blue Hole we passed another school that was having what they called a sports day. Kids and parents and teachers were all in the playground competing in different races and things. Oneil pulled the bus over and let us out to watch, another highlight. We then proceeded to the The Blue Hole and Oneil introduced us to our guides and off we went. If you haven't been to the Blue Hole you need to go, it is Jamaica's #1 attraction right now and for good reason. The value of what we did compared to the price we paid was the best bargain I think I ever had for an excursion. This was my 8th trip to Jamaica and for any future trips you can bet I will be contacting Peat Taylor.

2  Thank butchchambers
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We tried PT tours because we had read great reviews. As instructed, we departed as soon as possible after docking and receiving clearance to leave the ship. We were one of the first off the ship at the port in Ocho Rios. I thought this was great because we would be able to beat the crowds to the falls.. boy was I wrong. We were loaded onto a large bus and told to wait as we waited for other guests from the ships in port. 38 minutes later we left with 15 or so on board. This was our first warning sign having to wait too long for too many people. Especially when we saw mini bus after mini bus leaving the departure area. We finally left and were dropped off at the front gate at DR falls and given our wrist bands. At this point, our tour essentially ended after driving 20 minutes from the port. After being picked up 2 hours later, we loaded up for the drive to the Blue Hole where we were dropped off and left again. This portion of the tour/drive lasted about 30 minutes. We inadvertently left our camera on the bus but within seconds the bus was gone. Luckily I found someone with a PT shirt on however he seemed disinterested in calling the bus and quite frankly I never got a reply from him. We found out the bus had left delivering others to other tour stops. After the BH, we waited for 30 minutes in the parking lot until the bus picked us up. No pictures from the BH which really put a damper on our "tour". No one from our bus stayed with us during each of our two tours. We left the BH and then dropped folks off at the river tour and then we were taken back to the shopping/port area. PT tours seems to be in the shuttle business instead of the tour business. We certainly would have been better off hiring a van for the day instead of a "tour" company. Every place you stop you need to hire a "guide" resulting in more $$$. I'm still trying to figure out why we paid PT tours to give us a taxi ride instead of a tour... $240 for the four of us to drive us 1 hour and 10 minutes and pay for our entrance to DR falls. When you try to capitalize on too many people for the almighty dollar you loose SERVICE. I would not recommend PT tours unless you simply need an overpriced shuttle service.

4  Thank Sandapunk
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked Peat Taylor & Sons for a daylong excursion on March 20th based on positive reviews on tripadvisor. We scheduled a day at The Blue Hole, tubing on the White River and Dunn's River Falls. Melvin was our driver with Ainsworth as our guide. What an amazing day we had! Our family (2 teenage boys) really enjoyed seeing Jamaica off the resort and getting to know Ainsworth. Our first stop was the Blue Hole where Dante showed us around. This was by FAR the best part of the day and actually made Dunn's River Falls seem a little lame. We absolutely loved it! Overall, the entire day was great (and much better than the excursion we booked through the resort), and we finished up by getting some authentic jerk chicken at Scotchies. We liked Ainsworth so much that we asked him to take up shopping in Ocho Rios the next day. I would highly recommend booking with Peat Taylor & Sons!

1  Thank twilaimhof
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Thank you Ainsworth, Melvin and O'Neill for a wonderful day! They arrived at our hotel promptly and took my husband and I to Dunn's River Falls and the Blue Hole. We had such a great time! I highly recommend Peat Taylor.

1  Thank IGAK