“Location is excellent!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of sand castle hotel

Pool Area pool
Living room with Sofa Bed
Lobby
Main Entrance
Living room/sofa bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Carol D
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Location is excellent!”
Reviewed 1 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

This property is walking distance to shops, restaurants, bars and Margarita Ville. It's a 30 year old property but well maintained and the pool is small but Sydney keeps it very clean. They have a bar that opens 12 or 1 pm, island time and you can order poolside or eat in Elements, the bar. Most people bring their own beverages to the pool. Beach access was closed, they are extending the boardwalk and we're getting ready to pour concrete when we left, Feb 25, 2018. It's hard to say when it will be complete because they are 8 months behind schedule. You have to get a beach pass from front desk, leave the resort and walk 5 min to get to the beach. Be prepared to be hounded with taxis, vendors, hustlers and homeless. It does get very tiring, some days we just chilled at resort so we didn't have to deal with it. Please do your research before you rent! Lots of people have units for rent, some much better value than others so we found out. We were over charged compared to what other people told us they paid. We were in E35 and Chenessa was the contact person. If wifi is important to you, make sure your unit has its own because the resorts only worked poorly for 6 days and not all for the remaining 10 days. The AC worked great and the bed was comfortable. Kitchen was poorly supplied and all units have wooden shutters, no glass so if your facing the road and noice keeps you awake, get a beach unit. We are not big night life people but if you are I'm sure you could find some great parties. If dope bothers you don't go to Jamaica! Everyone sells it and they smoke everywhere. Sit around the pool and huge variety of ages and young and old having a smoke. Ya mon! It was safe, no issues, when you go left and walk 15 min you are in a busy, noisy, poor area. I didn't like it at all but my husband it. Dunne's River Falls is like Disneyland, huge line ups and very commercial. We didn't go in but drive took us to little Dunne's River and it's cool. Few locals take you up the falls, take pictures and it was fun. But be prepared to tip big for 10 min. We gave $40 US and they still wanted more. Go to Blue hole, it was awesome, and try to get Romaine as a guide. He is fantastic! Jump of the falls few times at different heights, swim in a cave and swing on a rope. Loved it.

5 Mar 2018
May God have mercy on your soul, rest in peace. The glasses are above the stove 12 glasses. There were other rooms online that was cheaper at Sand Castle !!!! Why complain now !! My apartment is a one bedroom , you got it for $85 per night .please rest in peace.....
Bernadett...
“Ms”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Great place close to everything.
Was clean and quiet and had everything we needed . Will definitely recommend and will come back.

13 Jun 2017
Your response:
"Thank you so much for your kind words..I am so happy you chose sand Castle. Please come again and tell your friends and family. Thanks Joan"
Hotelier3...
Orlando, Florida
“Another great experience in A35”
Reviewed 22 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This is our second stay in this condo. Perfectly suited for our needs - quiet, clean, great Wi-Fi and lots of hot water! This year we found a fully refurbished kitchen.
Owner Joan is very hospitable and always checks in to see if we are comfortable or need anything to make our stay more comfortable.
This is definitely our place to stay in Ocho Rios. Security is very good and it is located on my favorite beach and close to everything in town.
Will definitely return and recommend without hesitation.

6 Jan 2018
"It was a pleasure having you and your family. Thank you for choosing apt. A35 we do appreciate your business. Please come again.
YSLNYC
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My family and I stayed here at the Sand Castle Hotel in December 2016. What more could I say, Joan and Karen were courteous upon our arrival. The unit was in impeccable condition. I would highly recommend!

15 Mar 2017
Meganrh31...
“Had a wonderful stay”
Reviewed 20 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The place was very clean the rooms was just as advertised, every one was friendly , it was close to every thing and most important it was right at the beach had a wonderful stay would stay there again in a heart beat

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
6 Jan 2018
Hotelier3...
Orlando, Florida
“Immaculate, Well-maintained & Comfortable Accommodations – 35A Sand Castle, Ocho Rios”
Reviewed 29 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

So I am a hospitality veteran – worked in hotels for over 25 years, and stayed in many different types of hotels. The all-inclusive where I normally stay was not suitable for this trip home to Jamaica, as I basically just needed a nice clean place to sleep. So a friend recommended this privately owned apartment, based on their own experience staying there last year.
First of all, owner Joan, and housekeeper Karen, were very friendly and hospitable. All plans made were carried through seamlessly – from warm welcome to friendly farewell. Flawless communications pre and post visit – 5 stars.
Apartment 35A – 1 bedroom with king bed, with a sofa sleeper and divan in living area so can comfortably sleep four. The crisp clean off-white marble floor makes you want to kick off your shoes right away. There are two big screen TVs, one in bedroom and one in living room (be aware that they run the same programming), a full kitchen – small…but loaded, and clean. The bathroom is in very good condition and well stocked with paper supplies and blow dryer. Good linen and simple but tasteful décor throughout the apartment. Only shortfall for me was hanging space for clothing, but not a big problem, rack on the back of bedroom door helped with that.
The place was perfect for my needs. Would absolutely stay again, and highly recommend. I love having my coffee on the patio in the cool early mornings looking out at the mountains. A peaceful way to start the day – then off for my morning run on the beach – heaven! I felt very comfortable and at home here.
The highlights for me: This apartment was recently refurbished, well looked after and very clean. I felt safe and secure there. Plenty of hot water with excellent water pressure. Good strong Wi-Fi and cable TV. The location was close to all conveniences and the little section of the beach was well kept; and yes it closes at 6:00PM. The general facility seemed to have undergone some rehab; grounds and pool were clean and well kept. Security was very good. Except for a late night burger at the Sand Bar, we did not utilize the restaurants/bars. We were out early and back late. All staff we came in contact with were warm and friendly. I met another owner on site who owned two studio loft apartments – both in excellent condition as the one I stayed. I think owners are now motivated to invest in their units as the business demand is strong. As for my stay in apartment 35A – my expectations were surpassed. Thanks for a great experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That the place was very clean.
Liked least: Could use more closet space for hanging clothes.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Jun 2016
Hi Annie,

Thank you so much for staying with us at Sand castle , we do appreciate your kind words.
Please come again.
Mellie26
Kingston, Jamaica
“Great Choice for Stay. Value for Money”
Reviewed 9 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

The place is located in the centre of the town close to shops, restaurants, bars and club. The place was clean and welcoming. It felt like a home away from home. The host Joan was really nice and our next vacation will be a the same place if available. Value for money!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
10 Apr 2016
Thank you so much Melissa for your kind words..I am so happy you chose sand Castle. Please come again and tell your friends and family.

Thanks
Joan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing