“The most relaxing secret hideaway.”
Review of Mariposa Hideaway

Mariposa Hideaway
Ranked #72 of 81 Hotels in Negril
wisconsin
“The most relaxing secret hideaway.”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Mariposa is a great place to vacation with everything you want. The rooms retaurant beach ,owner and all wokers go out of their way to make your vacation the best.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank carl quale

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Stayed at Mariposa 4/22/09 - 4/26/09. Wanted to try something a local property that would fit into my "recessionista budget." To my surprise, the kitchennette studio was as big as some regular rooms I have stayed in at other hotels.

Sasha, who was working the hotel desk upon my arrival deserves plenty of praises. Of the 50+ trips I have made to Jamaica in the last 20 yrs, she was the most pleasant and made check in fun after a long plane ride.

I liked the property so much, I added to 2 more nights on for my stay. No problem, mon!!

There is a restaurant on site, but I didn't try it.
This property is in walking distance of Alfreds and the Jungle.

If I had known this property would have met all my needs, I would have stayed there my entire trip. Next time !

5 Thank pretty40
Washington, DC
Reviewed 29 March 2009

I am a young professional and was traveling with 2 friends. We began our stay in Negril at Roots Bamboo, but found that it was a little too much like "roughing it" for a relaxing vacation. We walked the beach inquiring about prices at nicer resorts and were able to significantly upgrade to the Mariposa for only $130 a night. (With 2 people it could be anywhere from $100-$120). This bought us an air-conditioned room with cable TV, a spacious and immaculately clean bathroom, two double beds, security guards, and lounge chairs for the beach. We were incredibly pleased with the service all around and would go back in an instant. (One thing to look out for - good food in Negril is hard to come by - the restaurant attached to the Mariposa has a decent dinner but don't bother going there for lunch.)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank gem_travel_85
Italy
Reviewed 13 September 2008

The hotel seems very nice, and in a very good location.
However !!! the lady who owns this place is extremely rude and her service level is a disaster.
There was a new receptionist at the front desk who made a mistake in our reservation regarding the payment, and overcharged us with extra 100$. When she found out her mistake , her manager DID NOT agree to return us the money, since it was the recepitonist mistake and not the hotel's... They said that either the recepitonist or us should pay for the mistake, and since she didn't volunteer - it was reduced from our credit card!!!
Don't come near this place...there are A LOT of other good and reliable places on that beach.

• Liked — The location on the beach
  • Disliked — The service level
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank NewLady123

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Salerno Afghanistan
Reviewed 3 September 2008

It was our second stay @ the Mariposa and it was excellant, again! Our THANKS to "Vivian", son Michael and daughter Michele for a wonderful stay. Service was excellant, rooms very clean, security, top notch and great Italian fare @ the restuarant. I can't see paying $460.00 a day to stay @ an all inclusive when you can stay @ the Mariposa for $80.00 a day, be in the middle of the beach and pick where you want to eat each night. I also like the fact that we had a little stove to warm snaks or to cook breakfast. I dove with "Marine Life Divers" which is the best dive shop in Negril, we went horse back riding, to concerts, ate like kings and spent an average of $150.00 a day. "Vivian" will get you the best driver in Negril, "Shorty" for airport trips or tours of the country side. Nothing but warm smiles and a friendly "Good Morning" from the staff!!!!!! The staff and security will do all they can to be accomodating and look out for you. Mary and I can't wait to return to our Gem of a spot, the "Mariposa Hideaway". O.k., I let the secret out, sorry "Vivian"!

• Liked — The small size and better attention to comforts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank jamesdew5
Michigan
Reviewed 29 July 2008

The hotel is right on seven mile beach. The rooms are very nice and clean. The place is not very large. I think 16 rooms. There is an Italian restaurant on site and it was very good. There are also several restaurants within close proximity. We got a great deal at 60 a night. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend Mariposa over several other hotels in the area. I have seen most of the none-resort style hotels as i walked from west end to Mariposa. There isn't a much better value out there.

Stayed July 2008
3 Thank suneday11
canada
Reviewed 29 February 2008

This has to be the worst place to stay .First of all the staff seems nice enough but if you encounter problems they would not try to do anything about it. This is what went down we were out and came in about 9pm the security guard insisted we reverse into the parking spot and he will direct us well he did right into the gate which he neglected to open wide enough.The car was a rental and needless to say it got dinged. The next thing is the room was crawling with RED ANTS I let them know but they ignored it, so I went out and bought bug spray I them asked them to make sure to spray when they were finished cleaning the room they did not do this and in the heat they turned off the fan and left .That is not all, every night I was bitten while I slept the in all I ended up with over 100 bites My husband and I switched bed he got bit but I was not the bed had bugs in it . I had to go to the pharmacy and get pills to stop the burning itch .
Do not stay in this hotel they do not care for their guests

3 Thank CanadaBitten