Mariposa Hideaway
US$313
US$228
US$108
US$79
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$69
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$854
US$484
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2009

The room we stayed in for 2 nights was very tacky and old and needed to be renovated. The bed was uncomfortable, the linens were at least 50% polyester and VERY uncomfortable, and the bathroom was straight out of the late 70s/early 80s. No Wi-fi anywhere, and unable to change money... BUT it saved us from the monstrosity that is the White Sands. In addition, we had cable TV, a kitchenette, larger mini fridge, and a room safe. I still wouldn't choose to stay here again, b/c in essence it is almost a dump, but getting away from White Sands was amazing. The beach is nice and seemed more private. The restaurant was fine for breakfast. The manager was somewhat rude and seemed to be mean to her staff. One of the waitresses forgot to charge my boyfriend for coffee one day and then asked us about it like 3 times. Yeah, not great service or accommodations. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lezleekay
Reviewed 2 November 2009

My husband and I, along with my parents stayed at Mariposa once again this October. This was my 3rd stay at this property. We were married there a year ago. When we arrived, our room was all decorated for our anniversary, which happened to be the day that we arrived. As usual, all of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant was great, and the rooms were perfect. We plan on going back in February for another week. Can't wait!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilvjm8ca
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Mariposa is a great place to vacation with everything you want. The rooms retaurant beach ,owner and all wokers go out of their way to make your vacation the best.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank carl quale
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Stayed at Mariposa 4/22/09 - 4/26/09. Wanted to try something a local property that would fit into my "recessionista budget." To my surprise, the kitchennette studio was as big as some regular rooms I have stayed in at other hotels.

Sasha, who was working the hotel desk upon my arrival deserves plenty of praises. Of the 50+ trips I have made to Jamaica in the last 20 yrs, she was the most pleasant and made check in fun after a long plane ride.

I liked the property so much, I added to 2 more nights on for my stay. No problem, mon!!

There is a restaurant on site, but I didn't try it.
This property is in walking distance of Alfreds and the Jungle.

If I had known this property would have met all my needs, I would have stayed there my entire trip. Next time !

5  Thank pretty40
Reviewed 29 March 2009

I am a young professional and was traveling with 2 friends. We began our stay in Negril at Roots Bamboo, but found that it was a little too much like "roughing it" for a relaxing vacation. We walked the beach inquiring about prices at nicer resorts and were able to significantly upgrade to the Mariposa for only $130 a night. (With 2 people it could be anywhere from $100-$120). This bought us an air-conditioned room with cable TV, a spacious and immaculately clean bathroom, two double beds, security guards, and lounge chairs for the beach. We were incredibly pleased with the service all around and would go back in an instant. (One thing to look out for - good food in Negril is hard to come by - the restaurant attached to the Mariposa has a decent dinner but don't bother going there for lunch.)

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends