“Beautiful, Friendly, Quiet (Non-Beach) Resort”
Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

and 1 more site!
Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #47 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The weather was perfect. The 8 of us stayed in a beautiful, spacious five bedroom villa with unbelievable views from every room. We ate dinner at a number of very good restaurants and had fun visiting the beach, going snorkeling (twice with Vincent's Glass Bottom Boat, he actually snorkels with you and gives you a tour of the reef), fishing and jet skiing. The service at the resort was friendly and our butler, Titania, was excellent; everything was always very clean and anything we needed was available quickly. As far as shortcomings, the big one was that the resort was not walking distance from a beach, which I did not understand from the website. Also, the food service at the resort was very, very slow and the food was just ok. Many better restaurants are close by so that's no big deal. Nonetheless, it was a great vacation and I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dgconnecticut
There are newer reviews for Moon Dance Cliffs

Reviewed 6 January 2012

After spending two weeks already in Montego Bay at 2 different all-inclusives, we were expecting something different that didn't include beautiful grounds, air conditioning or even electricity! However, we were incredibly surprised (well, my boyfriend wasn't as he made the reservations!). While we didn't find that the staff were as happy as the other places and meal service was incredibly slow, we very much enjoyed every other aspect. I don't think we'll return here as we love the 7 mile beach which is a taxi ride away, I can certainly agree that it would be an incredible destination wedding spot. Richard, the Assistant GM was very attentive and made sure our kids were accepted into the new concierge lounge at the Mo Bay airport even though they forgot their tickets.

Room Tip: Villas are available but unfortunately they were booked for the time we were there.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank hstockall
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I received a 70 min massage by a masseuse named Courtney, who was very friendly and inviting, got me settled, all went well since I really need to have the deep tissue therapy.
Courtney did a great job, however I have one feedback for the team at the spa and the resort, towards the end of the resort Courtney climbed on the the bed and kept kneeling in my back and hamstring area

I am not sure if this is a part of a deep tissue massage technique, however as a Registered Nurse I can assure you this practice could be dangerous, especially if not done appropriately, in this instant I could feel my hamstrings tighten from the pressure of his knee, I receive massages frequently at home in the US and have never experienced this in any of my deep tissue sessions

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Genevieve H
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I stayed at Moon Dance for a destination wedding and it was an amazing experience. The staff greeted us with smiling faces from the second we arrived and made our stay all the more enjoyable. The resort is a bit of a drive from the airport, but it was very nice to get away from airplanes flying overhead and the drive itself provided a beautiful view of the island's beauty and also allowed us to see a glimpse into the daily lives of some of the locals. The resort was in a very prime location, close to the 7mile beach, margaritaville, and rick's cafe. We enjoyed jumping off smaller cliffs at the resort and sun bathing at the beautiful pools. I spent quite a bit of time at the swim up bar as well. The staff at Moon Dance went above and beyond to make our stay a wonderful one--I can't think of a single request we had that was not fulfilled. It was purely magical. I enjoyed every meal, from veggie and shrimp quesadillas at the sports bar to jerk chicken and snapper @ dinner. If you drink, u must get a dirty banana. Overall, our stay was amazing and I can't wait to go back to moon dance to see the resort and staff, who many of us now consider as friends.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a large group of eight to ten, the villas are a wonderful way to stay close to...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Erin Z
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I usually don't write reviews on places, but Moon Dance was such a great experience that I want to give Richard and his staff props for the beautiful setting, clean/upkept property, and top-notch service. I visited for my friend's destination wedding, where we were greeted by name upon arrival (the staff memorized the entire guest list by appearance from photos provided to them by the bride). The personal touches in the rooms with refreshments and flowers and towel animals on the beds made a guest feel special. The butler Clyde along with all of our waitstaff and bartenders were A+. Clyde made sure we had a stash of Doritos to come back to every night after partying, and Andre was able to procure a six-pack of Guinness for us for a special toast when the whole town was out of stock. Other superstars were Ralston, Jonny Walker, Omight, Randean and Douglas. I pampered myself at the spa and Claudette gave a great deep tissue massage. The cliff jumping is much tamer here than at Rick's, and the surrounding reef provides some cool marine life to see while snorkeling. As for the food, I particularly liked the jerk pork skewers, and the salt fish with ackee (per Andre's recommendation). If you are even considering having a wedding here, book Moon Dance (and book the entire resort if you think 50+ guests will come), you won't be disappointed. As far as staying here again, I've already looked at March dates for 2012 to return.

Room Tip: If you are going with a group of friends, the 2 larger villas are a great choice, otherwise the Cari...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I can't say enough great things about this place. Our every wish was granted and always with a smile. My daughter's wedding was perfect - the coordinator did a SUPER job. It is a beautiful location and is staffed by super friendly people that are a joy to be around. I would go back tomorrow if I could.

A Happy Mother of the Bride

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This review is long over due. I had stayed at the Moon Dance Cliffs back in June 2011. The occasion: my wedding. My wife and I chose this place for our destination wedding back in January of 2011 without ever having seen the place, so there was some worries at first. However, when we got there, those worries went right out the window. We had about 15 friends and family stay with us there on the property for a few days and they all thought it was just amazing. We had reserved the five bedroom villa and the one bedroom villa closest to the edge for us. The rooms are gorgeous. Each room in the villa had their own bathroom, which is perfect for people sharing. The one bedroom villas have their own jacuzzi tub inside the bathroom. Although we didn't use the tub, it was amazing. The views you get from the property were astonishing.

We must have chosen the perfect time to go, because we basically had the whole property to ourselves for the five days we were there. Since this was for our wedding, it was as if we had our own private getaway with our friends and family. Moon Dance is not a large resort, so made it even more enjoyable. Kerry, our wedding coordinator, arranged everything just the way we had talked about through email. Our wedding was amazing, as it overlooked the ocean. All our guests loved it and said it was the best wedding they had been to, aside from theirs.

The staff was the friendliest I have ever come across. This surprised us because we had initially had problems trying to plan our wedding, but that was with corporate back in the states. By the time we got to the resort the first night, it was after 5, so the pool bar was closed. We spoke with Richard, the most accommodating manager, and he had his guys open it back up: just for us. Although gratuity is included, we took care of our bartenders. f you go, you have to try some of Omight's delight. It has been some time since I was there, but I want to give a shout out to the best hotel staff ever: Omight, Richard, Lashorn, Gary(?), and the others that forgot.

For those who are weighing in whether or not to go to Moon Dance for a vacation or wedding, stop thinking and make that reservation before they get booked up. If you want a place with luxurious rooms and great views: this is the place. If you want a place where you will be catered to and with the friendliest staff: this is the place. If you want romantic views for your wedding: this is the place. If you want to experience one of the best all inclusive resort experiences: this is the place.

Have you booked your room yet?

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. If you are traveling with a group of friends, I suggest the five bedroom vil...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends