“My Best Vacation Experience Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #45 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Copiague, New York
“My Best Vacation Experience Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I don't know where to start. My husband and I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of two very important people in our lives. When we first arrived at MDC I was completely overwhelmed. My husband and I travel often and this was one of the most beautiful resorts that we had ever visited. Upon arrival the staff was waiting for us with their signature Rum Punch to get the party started. The check-in was quick and we were even given a cell phone to call back home to let our family know that we had arrived safely. Our room was beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. From the moment we hit the grounds the staff made us feel like we owned the place. Titanya was the first to show us around and get us acquainted with the resort. She was amazing from day one. Rayvon at the Pool bar became our best friend. Johnny Walker, Douglas, Omight, and Jamie were the best. Jamie's signature drink was The Best Ever!
There were 65 of us there for the wedding. One of the most amazing things to me that was that the staff knew each one of us by name. We had booked every room and villa in the resort and that made the experience even more special.
Being the adventurers that we are, diving from the Cliffs with Jovan was awesome. We made sure that even the people who could not swim got the experience of jumping off the smaller cliffs and he was right there to make sure everyone was okay. He even took us snorkeling one day out in the ocean.
We stayed for eight days and on our last night there the housekeeping staff got wind of the fact that my husband and I had just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary the week before we got there. When we arrived at our room that night they had decorated our floor and our bed with flowers and swans and a happy anniversary message. I was blown away.
This trip was amazing and I just want to say thank you to Simone, Jodi, Corretto and Kerriann for all of their help.

If you are contemplating a trip to Negril, Look no further than Moondance Cliffs!! We have already made plans to return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor if possible. The walkout from your patio to the grounds is ama...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TANYA W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Lynchburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I went to my nephew's wedding. When we arrived at the airport, someone was waiting to take us to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel the staff was waiting with cool refreshment. They took our bags and said if we needed anything to let them know. The entire staff and workforce was great. The room was large and very clean. The only improvement needed is a brighter light in the closet. Had a wonderful view. Everything was great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Gertie M
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We were married July 17, 2012 at Moon Dance Cliffs. It was phenomenal! We spent 10 days there and did not want to leave. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful, but the staff is what makes this hotel truly amazing. The front desk crew makes you feel like they have known you your entire life. The welcome we received was unbelievable. It seemed like the entire staff was waiting to greet us. We had a large group and every staff member knew every guest by name. Our group ranged from age 8 to 86, and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Richard the manager and Richard the assistant manager were both great and made sure everyone was happy. We can not say enough about Johnny Walker, Douglas and Rayon. These gentlemen were a pleasure to be around everyday. They made our stay so much fun. Omight, Jamie, Sharika, Tamara, Tracy and Dwayne made every meal more enjoyable. Watch out for Jamie, he is quite the connect four player… Clyde, Titanya, and Miss KerriAnn were the amazing butlers for the villas. Titanya made sure everything was perfect for us in our villa before and after our wedding. We can not thank her enough. Kerry the wedding planner was just amazing and we were beyond pleased with our wedding.
The cliffs were fabulous. Just to sit and look at while you eat, or have a little excitement and jump. Jovan was always there to jump and swim with you and make sure all was good. He even took our group out snorkeling one day.
When a few of our guest left the grounds one night some of the staff went with them and made sure everything was good.

The spa was wonderful. Our guests raved about their massages. Simone was great. Hair, nails, she did it all, and was loved by all. I unfortunately can’t remember the gentlemen’s name who did my hair for the wedding, but he did and excellent job. No picture, just told him what I wanted and he did exactly that.

The rooms were perfect. The pictures you see online are exactly what you get. The lower lever rooms were great because you could walk off of your patio right onto the grounds. No matter where you ate, the pool, the sports bar, or Annie’s the food was fabulous. We were there for 10 days and could have eaten something different every day. If you want something and they don’t have it they will get it for you. Compliments to the chefs!

It really was like having our own private estate for our wedding. For 5 days it was just our family and friends. It made it all an unforgettable experience. The other five days half of our guest left and another wedding party came. But it did not change the vibe of our party at all. If you go for just a vacation it could just be you there, maybe a little to laid back for some… But absolutely perfect to us. Total relaxation and impeccable service. Give yourself a treat and go to Moon Dance!

Room Tip: The executive suite next to the sports bar was great. Close to the bar / food but still very private...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank maldj
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

This was our second trip to Moon Dance Cliffs. We had gotten married there one year prior.

At the airport we were greeted by our driver which was Jeremy who we remembered from our prior trip. He took our bags and got us loaded in the van.

From the moment we arrived at the resort we were treated as if we were part of the family. We were greeted by Richard and some of the other staff and greeted with big hugs and rum punch. We talked briefly and then were shown to our one bedroom villa. The villa was the Poinciana where we stayed for our wedding. It is the best one-bedroom villa on the property with a great view and very private. The villa itself is huge with a large living room, large bedroom, and a great bathroom. Plus a great patio to sit on and just take in the view of the cliffs and ocean.

We then walked the resort to see who was still there from the prior year and most of the staff was still there and we were again greeted with smiles. It was almost like we never left.

Our entire stay was great. We had our breakfast served at our villa everyday by Clyde our butler who was great all week long. For lunch we usually ate at the pool bar or the sports bar and then dinner was either at the villa or the sports bar. We liked to eat at different places on the resort so we could socialize with the staff. Clyde even set up our anniversary dinner out in front of our villa so we had the perfect view for the sunset. He even set up candles and flower petals. Not to mention the cooks really do take pride in what they do and the food is excellent.

The staff alone makes this place so special. They all are truly great. Rayon and Johnny Walker were a blast and kept us entertained at the pool bar one day. Omight was always serving up drinks with a big smile and can not forget to mention Dougie. Make sure you ask the bartenders to make there special drink. Each one had there own drink and they are all very good. Nicole was our housekeeper for most of the week and the room was always clean. I could go on and on about the staff because truly they were all great.

They also arranged everything for two separate day trips for us, one to go shopping and snorkeling and one to go to the YS falls and Pelican Bar. Both trips our butler Clyde went along with us which was very helpful. I will write separate reviews on those adventures.

This resort truly is special and it’s because of the staff. The staff is what makes the resort so special.

Room Tip: In staying in the one bedroom villa chose the Poinciana. Best of the two one bedroom villas.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank brilovett
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I went to MDC for my sister's wedding in Nov. 2011. I had visited MDC once before when I scouted the location for my sister's wedding back in Dec. 2010. We were visiting family, so my uncle was kind enough to drive us there so we could take pics for her. We were given a tour, but no complimentary drink or anything to welcome us. The property is pretty, but there were some minor issues in my opinion.

PROS: 1) The wedding coordinator was amazing and made my sister very happy. She kept things on schedule and had a very calm demeanor.
2) Rooms: The rooms were fantastic and wonderfully decorated. We stayed in the villas. The snacks and minibars were well stocked and had good stuff in it (except the occasional stale cereal).
3) Staff: Incredibly pleasant and sociable. My husband really enjoyed them!
4) Grounds: Well kept and clean.

CONS: 1) Reservation Process: There are only so many regular hotel rooms. By the time we booked, all of the cheaper rooms were filled. I imagine because they had another wedding there at the same time. I didn't like feeling "forced" to stay in the more expensive villas. It would have been too much of a headache for my sister to have people stay offsite, because it would've been more out of her pocket.
2) Food Availability: There is only one kitchen on the property and only one restaurant. That's fine. However, the kitchen literally serves only 3 meals a day. So once you miss breakfast, you gotta wait for lunch time. If you missed lunch, you're poop out of luck until dinner rolls around. Each mealtime didn't last particularly long so the food availability was bizarre to me, esp. considering the price.
3) Food Quality: The food was good....depending on who made it. Clearly the kitchen had shift workers. Once a new shift came on, the food was made differently so nothing was consistent. The morning guy's oxtail was spicy while the evening guy's wasn't. I ordered a Jerk Chicken sandwich that was devoid of any spice or jerk seasoning. Yet other guests complained of the heat. I don't know what was going on with that. Also, the same menu existed all day, and it's an incredibly limited menu. They cooked regional dishes, as well as American, but it was boring and uninspired.
4) Entertainment: All they had was Wii and a pool table. Not much else as the property is really small. The guys made do with these activities, but you can do that at home I think.
5) Spa: Very limited.
6) I didn't like that they had 2 weddings going on the same weekend. It made it harder to get cheap rooms and I just personally feel that a wedding party should feel like they own the place for a spell. The bride should feel like the most special lady at her venue. Not have to share her moment with a complete stranger. It comes across as factory-line to have more than one special event at one time. Again, it's a preference thing.

In the end, I just don't know what we were paying for. I'm glad I got to experience my home country as a "tourist", so to speak, but I wouldn't have chosen this hotel on my own. They don't really have sandy beaches in this part of Jamaica. The beaches are rocky or full of cliffs (hence the name). It takes a long time to get to from the Montego Bay Airport, so be forewarned (2+ hours).

Room Tip: Book early if you're going as a group because the cheap rooms go fast.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank AfricanVenus
Liz R, Manager at Moon Dance Cliffs, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
A truly luxury experience, Moon Dance Cliffs provides guests with an intimate, quiet experience which is why, unlike mega-resorts in the area, we only host one wedding each day and never on consecutive days. But as a boutique resort our rooms do tend to book up quickly, especially for weddings and events. I'm happy that AfricanVenus ended up enjoying the room and service in her Villa. I apologize for the inconsistency in the food experienced during that time. We have relayed her message to the chef and future guests should not experience similar issues.

I am glad to hear that AfricanVenus found our rooms to be so wonderful, the grounds beautiful, and the staff pleasant and sociable. The on-site wedding coordinator aims to provide the best experience for the bridal party and we're always pleased to hear from happy guests after their events. At Moon Dance Cliffs, we strive to create a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests and I'm pleased that AfricanVenus enjoyed so much of her stay with us.
Manitoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

We attended my nephews wedding at this wonderful place. This was our second trip to Jamaica, and our first to Negril. After the wedding we all moved down to the sister resort of Moon Dance Beaches(right on the famous 7 miles of Negril Beach) WOW.

At both places the service is absolutely first rate.

Would recommend this lovely resort to all.

The trip was in February of 2012

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank twandalives
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Unbelievably wonderful week and wedding at Moon Dance Cliffs in November 2011. The facilities were incredible, weather was perfect, food was great, and the staff was superb. Truly can't say enough about the staff. They became "family" and took great care of us. We had the entire facility with 68 guests for the wedding, and without exception everyone raved about what a fun and first-class vacation it was. The wedding planner was amazing to work with, and the photographer, band and DJ she recommended were awesome! The spa staff and facilities were amazing. Be sure to get a massage. Courtney's hands are magical!

Room Tip: All the rooms are exceptional with great views. Villas offer great opportunity for friends / family...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The Cliff Hotel
#27 of 85 in Negril
Villas Sur Mer
Villas Sur Mer
#5 of 48 in Negril

Been to Moon Dance Cliffs? Share your experiences!