“Wonderful destination for a wedding!”
Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

and 1 more site!
Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Attended my brothers destination wedding here in April and am writing my review on my last day so everything is fresh. Right of the bat, ask for wifi code on day 1 so you can get connected as needed across the resort. I stayed in the 4 bedroom villa so my experience room wise is based on that. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable with a private lanai. Rooms show some minor signs of wear but for a high volume destination all inclusive resort it is expected. The service was fabulous and the staff friendly and eager to help. The all inclusive is expensive but it covers everything so there is no thinking to do while on vacation. The bottomless beverages are great and can be too tempting but for an all out party is wonderful. Top shelf as well including Appleton rum. The food was good, not great but had a nice variety of Jamaican foods to select from. The longer you stay the more likely you will run out of items you might want to dine on. The cliffs and pool were wonderful as well but there is no beach and really no ocean activities other than the cliff jump. This is mostly a pool resort. A few other tips, the bed rooms were air conditioned but not the common areas. The air conditioners have remote controls to adjust. Spent the first night freezing looking for the thermostat. Lastly, ask and you will be accommodated. There may be additional charges but you will get what you need.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely experience at Moondance that I walked half a mile a day for 5 days straight to enjoy their cuisine and drinks and watch the sunset. Omight is a wonderful bartender and is really humorous, he made splendid drinks and was great with making you feel comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank somellis
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is definitely a review of Moon Dance Cliffs but to understand our perspective I have to tell you a bit of background of how we ended up there. We had planned an incredible, intimate honeymoon at a hotel just down the cliffs from Moon Dance. However, on our 1st full day there 2 of the kitchen workers were swept off the cliffs by the very rough ocean that day. I am a nurse so I aided in the resuce efforts but ultimatly we were unsuccessful and both men passed away. Due to no fault of their own the atmosphere at the other hotel had changed to sad and very un-honeymoonish (i mean honestly, how fair is it to their staff who were now grieving. "hey can i have a pina colada and i'm sorry your friend died." Just didnt seem right to us).

Our travel agent immediatly got on the phone calling other hotels to find us a place to enjoy the remainder of our honeymoon, we had 7 more nights in Jamaica. She called Moon Dance and all they had available was a huge, 4 bedroom villa. They offered us the entire thing for the cost of a single room. (I think they felt bad for us, it being our honeymoon and all).

We arrived and were immediatly greeted by one of the managers, Richard, who hugged us both and told us how sorry he was that we had experienced such a tragedy. He escorted us to a small table with a fantastic view where we were given rum punch and told to try to relax. About 10 minutes later he walked us to our home for the week, a huge and gorgous villa with a private plunge pool and sun bathing area. We were given a tour by our buttler Kerry. Kerry single-handedly saved our honeymoon! She took such good care of us, making all of our reservations for dinner (always getting us the best table), arranging our transportation and most of all greeting us each morning with a smile and breakfast. She allowed us to text her our order whenever we awoke and would serve it to us on our front patio.

The villa was spectacular. 4 huge and well appointed bedrooms, large living and dining rooms, full stocked bar and nice tv's. The master had a Jacuzi on its deck. Each bedroom had a private deck/patio facing the ocean.

The main pool was very nice with a swim up bar, howeve we spent most of our time in our smaller private pool. The restaurant and sports bar had good food, not great. The service was excellent all around. I got a 1hr sweedish masage and it was as good as any massage i've had in much more expensive resorts. The spa is quiet, clean and most of had great AC. That said they do provide massages outdoors as well.

Moon Dance Cliffs was wonderful and we will forever be grateful for the way they saved our honeymoon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JennaRuth
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My son had his destination wedding at Moon Dance Cliffs. It was perfect. The resort, the staff, the wedding could not have been better. We were all made to feel so special. Their staff goes above and beyond any place I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: We had the Prime Minister Suite - 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor. It was so much larger than I expected...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KerryRae_13
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife and I were married at Moon Dance Cliffs resort on March 16, 2013. We spent March 13 - 20 at the resort and the majority of our family and friends stayed there for a long weekend. We booked the whole resort and everyone I spoke with had a fantastic time. The only complaint I received from anyone (if you consider this a complaint) was that the resort ruined any future vacations because no other vacation will even come close to how amazing this wedding/vacation was.

Everything about the resort was amazing: from the easy to navigate website to the reservation staff, the wedding coordinator to the butlers, the managers at the resort to the front desk employees and bell hops, the bartenders and waiters/waitresses to the cooks. AMAZING! They were the absolute friendliest people I have ever met. I have never received such great service anywhere; they were top-notch and second to no one. The staff knew everyones names and anything anyone needed, they took care of. They made me/us feel so welcome and happy.

I hate to name names because like I said before, Everyone was unbelievable; however, Kerry (the wedding coordinator) worked her butt off to create an amazing wedding (and I know we were a difficult group to coordinate). Kerry (the butler) took care of our every need in the villa and booked all of our excursions and the only thing she allowed Lynn and I to do was relax and fully enjoy our days and nights with no worries. Nicole (the maid) was so pleasant and made our room so beautiful every morning. Hassan, Trevor (aka: Johnny Walker), and Omight got the party going in the morning/afternoon with breakfast, lunch, and cocktails (I do not think the blender stopped running from friday through sunday) and also added some music, singing, and dancing. The three of them created an awesome atmosphere for us and kept the drinks flowing, non-stop, all day long. As the night came, Ray-Ray and TQ kept the drinks flowing and the party going. And I also just want to mention how delicious the food was: omelletes, french toast, jerk chick, jerk shimp, lobster, wings, ox tail, everything on the menu was cooked to perfection and tasted amazing.

A few personal examples of the unbelievable service: My wife and I were eating lunch and my wife asked about the coconuts in the tree. Within 2 minutes, Hassan and Trevor climbed the tree and provided us with a fresh coconut drink. Another example is one of our guests fell and slammed her head on the ground while exiting a taxi. Richard (one of the managers) and Kerry (the butler) escorted her to the hospital, where she received 9 stitches, and came back with her in order to keep her calm throughout the ordeal.

So once again, all of the staff members were amazing. They made our wedding/wedding weekend the time of our lives. We are a few weeks out and still I have family and friends that want to go back in time a few weeks so we are back in Jamaica and Moon Dance Cliffs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KenC35
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I was married at Moon Dance Cliffs on 3/16/13 and words cannot begin to express how much fun I had. We did a resort take over and our guests filled every room at Moon Dance Cliffs. I have had so many friends and family tell me how wonderful they were treated by the staff and how beautiful the property was. Kerry our butler was amazing. She was there for us from day one until the day we left. She was kind, caring and so willing to help, even before we asked. She helped us put together our welcome bags, she helped lace up my wedding dress on the day of wedding, she made sure our bar was full at all times, she packed us lunches and to-go coolers when we went on excursions… anything we needed, she was there for us. The bartenders and wait staff were AMAZING; everyone had a smile on their face the entire time. On St. Patrick's Day we threw a pool party for the wedding guests and all of the staff helped us have a crazy fun time. They helped set up decorations and Trevor and Hassan never stopped mixing up great green drinks while dancing, and running around to get more supplies, drinks, food, etc the blender never stopped the entire day. They helped us all get in the mood to enjoy the day. Their energy was contagious. In the evening, Rayon and Tareq were wonderful!!! Hopefully I'm not missing anyone because everyone was truly fantastic to us.

The managers Richard and Richard made sure we were having a good time and our guests were taken care of (and actually Richard went out of his way to help one of my family members that injured herself). You get a true feeling that they really do care about you. I cannot forget to mention how wonderful our wedding coordinator Kerry was... we are a pretty tough group to round up and get in one place and she was able to make my wedding happen smoothly, it was beautiful and she was so much help, I could have not done it without her. Throughout the planning process anything I asked she got back to me quickly with the answer I needed. I really could keep writing forever... the food was terrific, fresh seafood, veggies and fruit. The wedding guests told me that lobster was the best they ever had. The drinks kept coming and they were delicious! Moon Dance Cliffs goes out of their way to make all of their guests have an outstanding time. I did not hear one negative complaint from ANYONE and that is pretty impressive when you have a completely full resort. We want to go back, we miss everyone already. We have stayed at other all-inclusive resorts and they cannot begin compare to the quality of service you receive at Moon Dance Cliffs. Thank you for the most beautiful and fun wedding I could have ever dreamed of!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We had our destination wedding at Moon Dance and everything was like a dream come true. We were treated like royalty from the moment we stepped foot on the property until the time we left. The service and staff went above and beyond our expectations. We were married the day before Hurricane Sandy hit Jamaica. We had no idea what to expect, but Kerry and the staff were able to make it happen and it was a beautiful evening. Kerry our wedding planner was more than helpful in planning mini excursions for our group. Clyde our butler made sure we had everything we wanted and needed and that our bar was always fully stocked and our bellies were always full. The bartenders and staff were more than just servers...entertainers as well. We stayed at the Poinciana Villa, but we had guests in every villa and in the hotels. You can't go wrong with a room choice. They are all clean nicer and larger than we expected.After traveling to 2 other upscale resorts after Moon Dance for our honeymoon, we knew that we made the right choice for our destination wedding. Nothing compared to stay at Moon Dance!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Liz R, Manager at Moon Dance Cliffs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear NYJW,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm so glad to hear the inclement weather didn't affect your wedding day! The staff at Moon Dance Cliffs takes pride in providing the friendliest, best service in Jamaica and it's always terrific to hear back from guests who enjoyed their time with us.

Congratulations on your wedding and we hope to see you again soon!

Liz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
0 mi away
#4 of 80 in Negril
Beach House Condos
Beach House Condos
#24 of 80 in Negril

Been to Moon Dance Cliffs? Share your experiences!