“Lots of good memories”

Ranked #49 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Lots of good memories”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, this was an amazing vacation. Very good location, very friendly and attentive staff and good food. We enjoyed 4 days of crystal blue waters, gorgeous sunsets and genuine rest and relaxation! We stayed in a Caribbean View Room, which is the most affordable and it was just what we wanted....quite spacious, with a clean well-apportioned bathroom and a comfortable bed. The private balcony with a view of the sea was a real plus as well as the free wifi which worked well for the most part. I will miss breakfast overlooking the cliffs off Negril, swimming in the beautiful pool as well as in the small private cave off the rocks. We thoroughly recommend this hotel and plan to return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jax S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We went back to Jamaica to celebrate our anniversary. And I have to say we had an even better time than we did last year. We traveled with our friends and children. We had such a relaxing week. Every night we sat down by the cliffs and watched the sunset. No need to go to Rick’s. The views at Moon Dance are spectacular! We stayed in the Crystal Dawn Villa this trip. The view from the bedroom was stunning. Another couple got married on our anniversary (beautiful wedding) they had a steal drum band for their cocktail hour. So we sat in our villa opened our balcony door and enjoyed the music.

This year we even fished off the cliffs. Not the kind of fishing we do in NY, REAL fishing. It was a great experience for our son. One day our group of 7 went on a glass bottom boat ride to go snorkeling. A great time was had by all. Definitely have to recommend Vincent’s glass bottom boat and snorkeling tour. We also went out to a bar called Good Timez Bar and Grill. Great drinks, great food and good company!
It was my husband’s best friend’s birthday and they made sure it was a great day for him. And at dinner they helped his wife and children surprise him. There is no way to really put into words what this hotel will do for you. They will make your wedding beyond your dreams. (Ours certainly was) If you have an occasion to celebrate, they will make sure it’s a magnificent celebration.
As I mentioned it was our anniversary. Another couple was having their wedding that day so we tried to stay out of sight. Kerri (the world’s best wedding coordinator) asked us what our dinner plans were. We told her we would just eat in the sports bars since the wedding was going on. I wont tell you want they did (in case you go back for your anniversary they can surprise you lol) but they set up the most romantic evening for us. Above and beyond. Thank you Kerri, Clyde and whoever else was involved. Kerri even without helping us get married your still the best.

Give yourself a treat and visit the spa. We had the best massages. As well as manicure and pedicures. Great services with beautiful rooms. All the ladies and one gentlemen at the spa are great!

As usual the staff at Moon Dance is what really makes your trip amazing…. A group of people who go out of their way all day - every day to make sure you have the best vacation experience possible. Ray Ray, Jonnie Walker, Omight, TQ, Hassan, Tracey Ann, Tracial, Titanya, Tamara, Sherika, Clyde, Hitbol, Jovan, Dwayne, THANK YOU FOR MAKING EVERY DAY BETTER AND BETTER AND ALWAYS MAKING US SMILE. We truly appreciate all of you! Kitchen staff you know we love love love all of you! All our changes-add on’s - take off’s – special requests – and it always came out perfect! The garlic butter for the lobster – FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you front desk staff for making us feel so welcome. Miss Christine and the rest of the housekeeping staff, thank you for keeping everything perfect. (the laundry service is wonderful option) Richard Warren and Richard Gordon, your both fantastic men. Thank you for helping to make out trip perfect. If you want anything these two gentlemen will make sure it happens for you. So sorry if we are forgetting anyone.

If you want an amazing, relaxing, welcoming vacation Moon Dance should be your only option in Negril!

Room Tip: Crystal Dawn villa offers an amazing view right from your upstairs bed, and the ground level outdoor...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank maldj
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My experience at Moon Dance started on the 1st of July when we arrived for my son's wedding, from the moment we arrived it was constant attention, greeting at the loby with a drink, the relaxing/awesome massage, the clean and beautiful rooms, the food staff, the bartenders were the best, we had so much fun, I hated to leave. I think my daughter in law Cary V. has summed it up of what an awesome resort Moon Dance is and what a wonderful Weddding it was.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Maria D
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have stayed at several all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean lately and Moon Dance cliffs was fantastic. I came for a wedding and it was amazing, the food was great, there were lots of activities, the pools where very nice, and my favorite part was cliff diving off the rocks that are on the shore... Gorgeous views at night, great food, etc.. Cant go wrong! Loved it.

If I could make one suggestion to the resort would be to give their bartenders better blenders to make mixed drinks with and give them fresh ingredients for things like pina colada.. instead of pina colada mix, give them coconut and pineapple.. yum..

Room Tip: It's hard to go wrong, obviously if you can afford a larger villa, go for it.. If not, the norma...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My best friends got married on July 3 and what a beautiful wedding! I was with the bride when she was looking for locations and she chose Moon Dance because of the ratings and all the beautiful weddings shot there. When we got there, we were greeted with a delicious cocktail and warm wonderful people. Everything after that, was just awesome. My husband and i definitely plan to return. Everyone kept saying in a year we need to repeat the event!! Thank you to everyone there - you guys exceeded in every aspect!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I am writing a review because the ones I had read were what convinced me to get married at Moondance Cliffs, and I thought I should pay it forward.... And let me tell you the resort and staff EXCEEDED every expectation! We had 48 guests stay at the hotel and they all loved it. We even had a couple that was staying offsite at The Rock House, stopped by to say hi and loved it so much that they switched hotels and booked an executive suite.

Okay so let me elaborate on why Moondance is the way to go. First off the wedding coordinator Kerry is phenomenal. I am an accountant and sent her a million questions which she promptly answered and was always conscientious to follow up with any vendors or the hotel manager. I feel like I asked a lot about the details, she was always prepared and had a checklist we went over twice (once by email) and a final walk through in person at the hotel.

So now the other selling points: the resort is gorgeous, well maintained, the rooms are comfortable, a/c worked, everything was clean and the service from the staff was excellent. The bartenders at the sports bar/pool bar were hysterical and warm. My guests and I loved them. It truly is personalized service. These are things that were especially important to me, because I was asking my closest friends and family to fly somewhere and incur an expense just to be present at our wedding. Let me tell you, no one wanted to leave! It was extremely satisfying to know that everyone was so happy with their experience.

The day of the wedding was beautiful, but as with tropical locations it rained in the afternoon just two hours before the wedding. I am from Miami, so I understand how temperamental tropical climates can be. The skies cleared by the time I got out of the salon, and I had my dream wedding in the gazebo with a magnificent view. We got our pictures in just in time on the cliffs. Unfortunately, shortly after the cocktail hour it began to sprinkle and Kerry made the call to move the reception to be covered rather than by the water. Since she's familiar with the weather, I just went with it and it was fine. The staff promptly re-set up the tables and arrangements and we were only delayed by half an hour to 45 min. But it was actually a blessing because we were able to mingle and take pictures with family and friends. (The sky cleared, but just to be safe the reception stayed under cover). The food was good, everyone loved the cake -(Cakes by Noida Cook), DJ was great, lighting job was excellent even after the change of location. At a time were it seemed like things would be chaotic, they took care of everything and the night was wonderful.

Miscellaneous pluses
* The spa! The groom and I had a couples massage before we started getting ready and it was great!!! I highly recommend if you choose to get married there. My mom had a massage the day of her arrival and another on the wedding day - she loved it do much (Claudia was her masseuse and she raved about her).

* Snorkeling tour - we took a snorkeling tour with friends the day before the wedding. There were various options, but ultimately it was the groups decision to take the 2 hour trip for $25 with Vincent. He was great. The boat looks questionable, but its Jamaica mon, relax everything is going to be alright. It was 20 of us and went went out to the Sandy reef. Vincent and his crew snorkel end beside us, showed us the sea life, came up with sea cucumbers, sea urchin, star fish, a blow fish, even a lobster, and obviously there were tons of colorful fish. It was a super fun experience. He's really cautious too and warns those who are not strong swimmers to use a life vest.

* Transportation - the hotel provides air conditioned buses for rides to and from the airport with trusted drivers. Antonio was the best we requested him continuously to take us to the market and down to Rick's Cafe.

* Butler service - as the bride and groom you get upgraded to the poinciana villa... Which is gorgeous! And you also have a personal butler. We had Clyde and he was great. I actually felt bad for bothering him because I'm not accustomed to the service. But if we wanted to take lunch in our room, or have champagne with assorted fruits for the bridesmaids, I did contact him, and he also coordinated various activities for us and we were extremely pleased with the service.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I came to Negril for my best friend's wedding and it was absolutely perfect. It was therapy for my soul. There was plenty of things to do...yet, just sitting and enjoying the view was enough too. The employees at the resort were MORE than welcoming and friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure my stay was outstanding. The food was well priced at the resort and we were a quick cab ride (ask for Champs) away from the art market and town. It is a place only best described as paradise and I wish someday that I am able to come back.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Every room has a beautiful view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends