“Looking forward to our wedding”
Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #46 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Looking forward to our wedding”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We went to visit this summer to have first hand information for our wedding in 2015. The grounds, the villa, the ambiance, the staff are all top notch. The food was delicious, and it was great having our own butler and cell phone to use. It's way down the west end, so be prepared to take a stroll or rent a scooter to get around more tourists and locals. But this place is a very nice escape from the crowds.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Poinciana Villa and loved it. Closest villa to the water overlooking the cliffs...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank AthenaP663

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was just there for a wedding at the end of July and it was by far one of the best hospitality experiences I have ever had. The all-inclusive option was amazing with great food and drink options that seemed to never stop. The grounds were very well kept and the rooms are spacious and comfortable, though the bed is very hard, if you are generally use to sleeping on a softer mattress. Other than that this is a wonderful resort, which I would stay at again and recommend to anyone staying in Negril.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DBoss81
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My daughter-in-laws younger brother got married at Moon Dance Cliffs in July. What a wonderful resort! Staff was excellent, always helpful. Ambience was wonderful: romantic, peaceful. We had just flown in from a wedding for 600+ in Brussels and loved the peacefulness of Moon Dance Cliffs. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Definitely the ocean view room second story. We stayed here and it was wonderful to look out over th...

1 Thank Loretta T
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our daughter's wedding was at Moon Dance Cliffs.From the moment we arrived we felt right at home. The staff were friendly, courteous and very professional. They attended to the bride and groom's every need. The villas where we stayed were beautiful. This small but amazing resort had delicious food and attentive staff that made you feel you were right at "home.
The scenery was breathtaking and we even got a chance to jump off the cliffs!
It was exactly what our daughter and son-in-law envisioned. Even with a two hour rain delay on their wedding day, the staff worked tirelessly to ensure everything was perfect.
We would not hesitate to return to this little slice of paradise.

Room Tip: All the rooms have water views.

1 Thank Amy W
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I hired a private driver to drive us to Negril for the day but prior to all that I had checked out Moon Dance on TA and wanted to visit the spa. So I had a massage booked before arrival in Jamaica. We got to the resort just in time! This resort sits on the way west end of Negril. Upon arrival my massage therapist (Courtney) greeted me with a smile that lite the room and then explained to my husband that he could go tour the property. I had lined up the Ginger Bliss. The massage was great and Courtney used the right amount of pressure. After my massage I asked if we could have lunch on the resort and he immediately said of course. Then said we could use the facilities! I was taken aback because I thought that was so kind of themt to allow us to stay the whole day if we chose to. This place is beyond peaceful and it's beauty is to die for. We had lunch overlooking the beautiful beach and cliff. I opted for the lobster salad since I was on.a mission to eat as much lobster as possible that day. My husband ordered the jerk chicken and we split both dishes. The bartender Rayon and Hussan were upbeat and positive and so happy! Everyone had heard we drove from Runaway Bay to Negril and couldn't believe it! Everything was top notch and executed perfectly. We happened to meet the only other couple outside at the time and told them how awesome this place is and hung out by the gorgeous pool with the backdrop of the ocean! Can't beat the view or the hospitality that was shown to us. We even got offered to take a look at the 5 bedroom and 4 bedroom villas. THIS RESORT will definitely be our go to place if we come back to visit! Thank you again to the staff and our new friends Liz and Rich it was a pleasure

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie C
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I cannot say enough about my stay at Moon Dance Cliffs in Negril. We traveled there with about 40 guests for my destination wedding on July 1st, 2014. Our friends & family had the trip of a lifetime at Moon Dance. The staff was absolutely above and beyond fantastic.They knew all of our names, remembered our drink preferences, and entertained us all day long! Ray Ray and Hassan were holding it down at the swim up bar! Nothing like hanging out in the pool with a strong but tasty frozen cocktail. The butlers were also incredible, so sweet and helpful. We loved Novia, Titanya, and Wendie. So many genuinely nice people. We weren't there for very long, but it felt like a family. The resort is also beautiful, and the rooms are attractive, comfortable, and modern. I stayed in the beautiful Poinciana villa. A group of my friends stayed in the 5 bedroom villa which we referred to as 'The Real World House' due to its large living space, pool table, and amazing fully stocked bar.

As for the wedding itself- wow. Every detail was handled. It can be stressful planning a wedding from a thousand miles away but once I got to the resort I just stopped worrying about things. It was clear that the wedding planner (Kerry) was a capable, thorough, and thoughtful coordinator and that once I relayed my vision she would see that everything came to fruition. People would ask me questions and I kept replying, "I don't now, Kerry has it under control." The space for both the ceremony and the reception surpassed my expectations. The food was also excellent. I had the lobster and the rasta pasta and loved them both. Easily some of the best food I have ever had at a wedding. I really could go on and on about the incredible time we had at Moon Dance. Thank you for making our wedding so special and so perfect!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at Moon Dance, it is designed so that every room has a view of the water. The...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kait S
MoonDanceNegril, Manager at Moon Dance Cliffs, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Kaitlyn, thank you for the wonderful comments! I'm so glad to hear that we were able to make your destination wedding weekend such a fun, relaxing event! I will be sure to pass on all your compliments to the staff.

Congratulations on your wedding and best wishes for a happy marriage!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

To set the background for our trip: We had 60+ people there from a Wednesday to Sunday/Monday and a wedding on Saturday, which was my wifes' and I.

First off, the management was present at all times and visibly so at the front. They took care of our family as if they were their own family. This is truly one of the most well run operations I have ever seen.

The morning staff was unreal. They were very nice and relaxing in the morning and by the afternoon they were the life of the resort (Ray Ray, Hassan and Johnny Walker - the bartenders by the pool)! They even helped us out with one of our day trips. When was the last time a bartender has helped coordinate trips?

The evening crew was an extension of our family. Responsible, caring and extremely patient as 60+ people can get a little rowdy by the evening. They took care of us... Their motto = One Family!

The 'Butlers' were more like our sisters who were looking out for us to make our big day was as stress free as possible. The housekeepers treated us like gold. They even wrote us a nice note of congratulations. They took care of anything that we could not take care of on our own.

As for the resort itself, truly unreal. The pictures are great but to be there to see it in person is like nothing I have ever seen before. The ceilings in every room are 12'+. The water system on the property is the best I have seen in Negril. The resort is done right.

Bottom line I know that we will have multiple repeat visits from just about everyone that was present at our wedding. STRONGLY RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. Definitely recommend the villas for close family. My parents had the 5 bedroom...
1 Thank Gregj992
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The Cliff Hotel
#28 of 85 in Negril
Villas Sur Mer
Villas Sur Mer
#6 of 49 in Negril

Been to Moon Dance Cliffs? Share your experiences!