“The time of my life...perfect for weddings and couples!”
Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #49 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I attended Moon Dance Cliffs with my boyfriend and some family members in February. We were greeted promptly at the airport with a friendly driver and van to the resort. When we arrived at Moon Dance several members of the staff welcomed us with drinks and immediately took care of getting us settled. We stayed in the Crystal Dawn Villa which contained everything we needed for a dream stay, including a balcony with BREATHTAKING views of the Jamaican sunset. In fact, every night of our stay, we were able to enjoy the sunset from the Moon Dance resort. My boyfriend and I had all of our meals on the Moon Dance resort, and we didn't want to leave! The food options are endless and we enjoyed our food poolside, on the cliffs, and in the sports bar on the resort. There were always things for us to do, including mini-golf, Nintendo, bean bags, pool basketball, yoga, board games, even a computer with Internet access in our villa. I would highly recommend Moon Dance Cliffs to couples looking for a dream destination wedding. The grounds at Moon Dance contain a stunning gazebo that is perfect for a romantic ceremony. I also feel that the staff at Moon Dance are the hardest working people on the entire island. I would not want to stay anywhere else. I hope to go back to Moon Dance many more times, and I would absolutely love to have my wedding there!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbarry7

Reviewed 7 July 2009

Where do we begin? My husband and I went through a travel agent, that specialized in destination weddings, to find a venue for our June wedding. After a thorough review of the resorts in Negril, Moon Dance Cliffs stood out the most. Why? The setting is elegant, peaceful, beautiful, and worth every penny!!! My husband and I and our guests were warmly greeted (with smiles, cold hand towels and rum--can't beat that) as soon as we arrived. The conceirge, Richard, (who does not let you pick up any of your bags) gave us a tour and then escorted us to our villa.

The setting includes beautiful cliffs that extend to the water--If you feel adventurous, you can walk out and jump off the cliff for a unique experience. Every single room has an amazing view of these cliffs, the water, the center of the resort, the infinity pool, and the daily sunset. Our family and I stayed in the Ironwood (4 bedroom) villa that became our "home" for the week that we were there. All of the bridal party got ready in the master bedroom of the villa, which made for a beautiful & comfortable setting for pictures. The woodwork, color schemes, and art work added amazing touches to the wedding pictures that were taken at the villa.

The personal butler (Anthony) and bartender (Phillip) became part of the family. Their motto was, "Anything you need, just let us know"! Anthony and Phillip took care of my family, as well as any of the guests that they came across. Anthony even went out in town with us to a beach party (Alfred's) to make sure we were taken care of, got there and back safely, and had a good time! I had some last minute shopping to do for rum and coffee to include in our welcome bags, and Rockell (Another wonderful staff memeber) took us out to the shops and made sure we got what we needed at reasonable prices! Thanks guys!

Guests of ours have said nothing but wonderful things about Moon Dance Cliffs, the staff, the atmosphere, and the amazing wedding Linus and Kerry put together. I will always remember the experience and the people there at Moon Dance Cliffs--especially since we plan to go back there in the future!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I LOVED my stay at Moon Dance Cliffs!!! We were initially a little bummed because we wanted to stay at the caves. But after getting to te island and seeing all the different hotels, we stayed in the right place. Moon Dance Cliffs is brand new...so everything is supper nice. Sunsets on the cliffs are breath taking. The pool is great and there is nothing like it. The staff is beyond belief the best of anywhere I have every been...and I travel often. When we arrived from Montego...the staff was standing outside waiting on us with a cool towel and a rum punch. Talk about service. Then one rainy day we were sitting on the patio thinking to ourselves that it would be great if the restuarant staff would come ask us if we wanted something to eat so that we didn't have to get wet. Without us saying anything they came over took our order and brought the room back to us. I liked it so much I would definitely go back again. I usually try not to travel to the same place twice but I like Moon Dance Cliffs enough that I would travel to Negril again to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank TDRChicago
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We recently stayed at MDC during the end of April for our wedding. There were a total of about 20 friends and family members who were there with us. I cannot say enough about how beautiful this resort is and about how great the staff are. From the very beginning, Linus and Kerry assisted me in planning every detail of the wedding. Being so far away from the venue, you have to have a little blind faith and trust your coordinators - and they did not let me down for a second. The beauty of the location speaks for itself, and I couldn't be happier that we chose the cliffs rather than the beach. We, along with the wedding party, stayed in the 5 bedroom villa. It's location right next the cliff edge is perfect and the rooms were huge. Our butlers, Anthony & Phillip, catered to our every whim and need, from serving everyone breakfast at the villa to bringing us drinks while we were at the pool. The food definitely competes for the best I've ever had - whether it was lunch at the sports bar, or the all-inclusive buffet for dinner. The wedding was wonderful - the flowers (Floral Fantasy) were gorgeous, the table settings beautiful, and the band (Frontpage) was great. Everything turned out exactly as we wanted it to, and our guests could not stop talking about how great everything was. I would not only recommend this as a wonderful place to stay, but also as the perfect location for a wedding. We hope to be back next year for our anniversary!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

1  Thank Foodie35
Reviewed 11 May 2009

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joharl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The Cliff Hotel
Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel
Beach House Condos
Beach House Condos
#27 of 80 in Negril

Been to Moon Dance Cliffs? Share your experiences!