“" Short and Sweet "”

Ranked #49 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Ferndale, Michigan
“" Short and Sweet "”
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We planned a "Short and Sweet Birthday, Escape Michigan's Cold Winter Weather Weekend only two weeks prior to our Feb 11, stay at the Cliffs.
I visit Jamaica often and stay mostly at the smaller hotels and villas. I enjoy the personal attention that the boutique hotels offer...( Hey I'm on vacation!!!) The staff at Moon Dance Cliffs are very friendly and very accommodating. The Concierge added the warm Jamaican hospitality by going out his way to help us wrap a necklace and sending the champagne to make my friends milestone birthday more memorable and managed to make her husband look even more thoughtful!!!
I loved the art & decor and the lay out of the resort.
I work with women and if I hear of anyone thinking about a destination wedding I would highly recommend Moon Dance Cliff Hotel. I'm planning a return visit this August for my birthday .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank g0meagan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 February 2011

The first thing you notice about Moondance Cliffs is the freindliness of the staff. They are always smiling and looking for ways to make your stay special. All of them rembered my name and were very personable. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that could not have been more comfortable or clean and we had enormous space with 2 outside patios and our own hot tub. The pool offered enough secluded spots for privacy and the seating, unlike many other hotels in Jamaica, was very comfortable, even after 10 days. The food offered sufficient variety that it was not necessary to seek outside restaurants more than a couple of times. The quality of the food was first class and the comparison with other well known restaurants in Negril was greatly superior. It was a perfect vacation and I will book for next year.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I stayed here with my family last year for our annual vacation. The staff was very friendly! I really have no complaints and would recomend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 2 February 2011

The location, staff, and overall environment at Moon Dance Cliffs was outstanding! If there is one place in Jamaica to go and truly relax and enjoy it is Moon Dance Cliffs. We will definitely be back. All inclusive package is the best way to go, in order to fully enjoy your stay. The staff was extremely helpful!!! We absolutely loved it...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Having stayed at Moon Dance Cliffs twice now, this really is like a second home. Everyone on the staff is polite, friendly and eager to take care of you. The food is great and the chef, Gladstone, really likes to get feedback on what you think about his food and menu. Having breakfast at Annie's is the perfect way to start the day.

Our room was very clean and in my opinion has the best view. The spa is awesome and I highly recommend the "no worries" massage. It's the best massage I've ever had. Kohler has nothing on Moon Dance. You can't beat their quality and value.

The pool is beautiful and is where we like to spend our time unless the NFL Conference Championship is in progress. For the sports fan, there are 3 TVs in the outdoor sports bar. What better place to be when it's 20 degrees in Chicago and the Bears are losing???

After thinking long and hard, I can only come up with one suggestion for improving the experience. The staff moves supplies (groceries perhaps) through the grounds from one place to another. I can appreciate the need to keep all areas supplied but maybe you can grease the wheels on the shopping cart. It is a little disruptive when you're relaxing to the sound of the waves on the cliffs.

I was sad to leave last year in 2010 and it was even harder this year. We will be back again. For us, this is the only resort in Negril. I'm counting the days already and hoping to increase the duration of our stay by a couple more days.

North Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 January 2011

MoonDance Cliffs is GREAT! On arrival we were greeted by Richard and the rest of his staff introducing themselves to us and from the point on anytime any of the staff saw us we were greeted by first name!!! Making us feel welcomes & special! The staff is goes above and beyond for all the guests, catering to everyones needs (they even went into town for some cough medicine for us). We stayed there for a friends wedding and it was perfect....it was very RELAXING, quiet and intimate.
I highly recommend this resort. It is kind of pricey but WELL WORTH IT! .... THE FOOD IS GREAT especially the shrimp wrapped in bacon!!!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Our stay at the Moon Dance Cliff was greater then any words can decride. My fiance and I are planning our wedding at the Moon Dance Cliffs for October of this year. We visited the resort to finalize our plans and details for our wedding. I have learned that many brides do most of their planning over email and telephone without ever visiting the location. This seems like such a huge decision to make with out having "the experience".

I can now assure any bride and every groom, Moon Dance Resorts has it COVERED........ in every way. Not that you shouldn't do a site visit, but if there is any reason why you can't. Please chose Moon Dance Resorts.

The SERVICE is Out of this World, each employee is OUTSTANDING!!! I travel for a living and I have NEVER had such incrediable client service (not ever). We felt we where at home with our FAMILY to take care of us. The Biggest Thank You to the Staff at The Moon Dance Cliffs. You will all hold a very specail place in our hearts.

Our Wedding Planner Kerry is Amazing.......she had everything and I mean everything set up for us. Including the chairs at the weekend wedding we were invited to at the last minute. We were "Wedding Crashers" but oh my did we have a great time.....hopefully that bride and groom (John and Natalie) will crash our wedding as well.

Richard, Rohan and Matthew.......WOW what an amazing TEAM for management. You are all beyond Superior! Everything we needed you provided with pleasure. The only thing I really NEED are Body Length MIRRORS in the hotel rooms. Everyone women needs a body lenght mirror in her room. I LOVE you guys so much I think I'll buy them for you myself........

Angie, Akeem, Andrew, Johnny Walker, Titonya,Tamara, Andre, Simone, Sherika and Soria. There are really no words to decride how Incredible you all are. Thank you for everything, your all so passionate and genuine. You made our stay at the resort unforgetable. Something we will always remember and talk about for many years to come.

We are so fortunate to have spent the week with you all, thank you is not enough!!!! We look forward to spending the time in October with you all and our guest.