“Decent for the location”
Review of Negril Palms Hotel

Negril Palms Hotel
Ranked #44 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I went for his bday. They lost our reservation, so check-in was a bit slow. We end up being put in a room right up the front, which there was a lot of noise from the street at night. We had major prinland with our toilet! It was awful, had to be plunged 3G while we were there. The beach made up for all that though, just steps away from serenity. The staff was great, very friendly and upbeat. We ate at many places around Negril, one called 3dive center, which had amazing grilled lobster. Overall, great trip. We probably wouldn't stay here again, the location was nor enough to make up for all the room issues.

• Stayed: April 2011
kristly, Manager at Negril Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

We are in receipt of your posting and would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you felt you encountered during your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is our utmost concern and we sincerely regret that we did not exceed your every expectation. I sincerely regret your experience with any check in difficulties. Please be assured that your comments will be reviewed with the appropriate staff and corrective action taken as part of our ongoing training sessions. . I assure you that we will utilize any comments received to identify the areas in which we can improve.

We, like every lodging establishment, very occasionally experience an issue that is simply not predictable and not within our control even with the most careful planning. As would be the situation in your own home, we had the challenge of a sudden plumbing issue on the date of your stay. Of course, this was not an issue we could have foreseen and was due to no fault nor negligence. Our contracted plumber resolve this emergency and has advised us that the unfortunate issue was caused by several items including wash clothes, diapers, toys and other items being improperly flushed by a hotel guest which, of course, caused a back up. As I am sure you can understand, this is certainly not an issue that we could have prevented as much as we would have liked to do so.
Thank you for patronizing out resort and hope to make the next stay in Negril an exceptional one!

Reviewed 15 April 2011

My sister arranged for my family and I to spend some time at the Palms Resorts. When we arrived we were told that we had to be transferred to another hotel because they did not have another room.
We agree to go to the other hotel especting it to be like the palms to our dismay, it was awful. At the Palms we were on the first floor never saw an ants. At the Old something hotel we were on the second floor, there were ants every where. The bathroom was unfit for human use.
Whlen we complained to the manager, we were told that they thought we were the "locals". Well, if this is the way a hotel treats their locals, they should be out of business. As a professional, I do not care if the person is a local or tourists. We need to treat people right. I do realized the goals of any business is to make money but at what costs.
My sister and I did speak with Ann-Marie, such a sweet heart who was very understanding and told us we should have returned to the hotel. We did not know we had that option.
I hope they will take this into consideration the next time I visit their hotel.
Yes, I like the Palms, the staff was wonderful but management needs to do better.
Please people do not go to the Old Thyme Hotel, I believe that is the name, It is terrible.
Canada

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review regarding your visit to The Palms Resort. Please be assured that your comments have been reviewed with the appropriate staff and our apologies for the bad communication. I regret any inconvenience you felt that you may have encountered and hope that on your next visit to Negril Jamaica that your every expectation is exceeded.

Reviewed 2 April 2011

Great service at the front desk and a good looking property right on the 7 mile beach. However the rooms are awful and definitely need to be renovated. the door is a glass door with a curtain that barely covers the door. I felt very uncomfortable there and ended up checking out early, I just felt like people could see into my very small room. No hot water or hair dryer even thought they say they have both. When they bring you an iron, they don't even take along an ironing board with it. Food at the restaurant is ok. the swimming pool was closed while I was there.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tsimJamaica
kristly, Manager at Negril Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2011

First, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is our utmost concern and we sincerely regret that we did not exceed your every expectation. You are correct that our staff is well accommodating because top quality service is what we strive for.

As to your room situation, we have Standard Rooms and Deluxe Rooms. All our Deluxe rooms are renovated and fully equipped with iron, ironing boards, hair dryer, and toiletries. Verses our Standard Rooms does not have all of the same amenities. That is why our Standard rooms are much lower in price. Also this is explained on our company website. Our pool is always open for our valued guest but unfortunately the pool may have been closed on that specific date & time due to a 30 minute pool treatment. Thank you for patronizing our Hotel & Restaurant we appreciate all feedback and will consider you comments for further improvements.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Great Friendly Staff.
Great Hotel, Perfect location :)

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 11 March 2011

We went to Negril for our first family vacation. Negril is wonderful. My only other experience with Jamaica was Ocho Rios, several yars ago, and this was completely different. Negri is just perfect - perfect beach, great range of restaurants and hotels, and great weather. Everyone from the cab drivers to the wait staffs to the beach vendors were all SO friendly and helpful.

The Palms was the perfect place for us to stay, it's a great location, moderate prices, free wifi, convenient and so friendly. I apologize in advance for the lengthy review, however, if you are considering booking The Palms, I am outlining my experience here to help you make an educated decision.

When we booked The Palms, I read every review of the top hotels for Negril on Trip Advisor. The Palms looked nice, and sounded good, but then again, you never really know how it's going to be until you get there. My husband and I travelled with our 5 year old and 1 year old, so we would pretty much be stuck with whatever we reserved. I went ahead and booked The Palms, and hoped for the best. I did make sure that I booked the Deluxe King Ocean View room, per many of the reviews I read. (And I made sure I had that in writing).

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were asked to pay for the balance of our stay, prior to even seeing the room. I insisted that I see the room before we paid, and they abliged. However, the room they were putting us in was not Deluxe and was not Ocean View. I am not sure how they can sell that room for $200+ (incl taxes) per night. It was worse than fair. I was not happy about this and made sure they knew that I knew the difference between the renovated (Deluxe) rooms and non-renovated rooms. They said they would see what they could do to move us, but that they were completely booked. So, we went to the room, went for dinner, etc. When we got back to the room, there was a note from the manager acknowledging and apologizing for the error and that they would like to move us asap in the morning. They also adjusted the price for our inconvenience, which was very much appreciated.

They were very nice, and the room they moved us to was lovely. Modern touches, but basic, nice wood accents, bathroom was nice and clean and modern. The rooms just have a bed, nightstand dresser/closet, tv, balcony, with a full bath with a nice large countertop and a vessel sink . Again, this is a renovated room on the NORTH side. We got a fridge for $10/day. Would have been nice to at least have a coffee maker in the room, so we didn't have to rush out at 7am when the kids woke up. So, that is the room situation. Bottom line, make sure you book a renovated room, and make sure you have it in writing.

Outside of the room, the restaurant, pool and beach areas were all fabulous. A couple little things - the pool was closed at least an hour or two everyday for cleaning. It was also closed for two full days for some reason. It is really nice to have the pool with the small children, to give them a change of scenery. The beach was perfect. The sand was so soft, and the water so clear. The kids loved it and were able to go in the water because it was so calm. There were some vendors, but nothing too obnoxious. The Palms does bring in visitors on some, if not most days, to allow them to use the beach, from around 12:30 - 3:30 or so. As long as you have your chairs, and know that this happens, it's really no big deal.

The restaurant was very good. We had several meals there. We did the Meal Plan for a few meals, which saved us a few dollars. Just make sure to take a look at the Meal Plan menu before purchasing it. You can pay for it by meal, you aren't locked into it by day or your entire stay. We didn't have a bad meal there. Service was good, and of course it was convenient. We also really enjoyed the Jazz night on Sunday.

Thank you Mr. Nelson, Ann Marie and Ramsey - you guys really made our first family vacation one we will never forget. All the staff was super friendly. We felt like we were leaving our friends by the end of our trip. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Have stayed here many times and its fantastic. Best part is location and friendliness of staff. Also great food in the restaurant and good little beach front store next door makes it all so easy. Will be going back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2011

This was our second stay at the Palms. We were back again this year for our anniversary. Usually we try to go somewhere new each year for our anniversary, but we loved Negril and the Palms so much that we decided to go back. Everything was just as we remembered it. We couldn't have been more warmly welcomed back. Everyone remembered us and it was so nice to see familiar friendly faces. Our room was specially decorated to welcome us "home". One of the best thing about the Palms is still the staff.

The location on 7-mile beach cannot be beat either. We spent the last part of our vacation over on the cliffs side of Negril, but next time we will just stay the entire time at the Palms. I wouldn't be surprised if we spend our anniversary next year there too!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple