Negril Palms Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$193
Westender Inn(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$75
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$73
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$178
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmojito barseven mile beachpool deckhotel restaurantsecurity guardsmall poolcleaned dailygift shopbeautiful beachbeach vendorsall inclusivesred stripesmall resortjamaican foodwater sportsjerk chickenjuicys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The Palms has a relaxing atmosphere that is a couple of steps from the beach. If activities are what your looking for; the Palms has that too. From the lobby to the Beach, the staff are very friendly and eager to serve. I will back to "the Palms" soon!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank MJMNS
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The Palms Resort staff was really friendly and accomodating right from the moment we arrived. At first, we were put in a room in the back and we weren't satisfied there- it was too small and felt like a motel, so we asked for an upgrade. The second room was much better with a king sized bed and was more aesthetically pleasing. The resort is located on the famous seven mile beach, so the view was really spectacular and the area was clean, with the bar and a convenience shop right there. We were able to participate in water sports easily since the men in charge were set up right next door. Security did a nice job of warding off any suspiscious characters on the property. We ate at the restaurant quite a few times (without a meal plan); prices are reasonable for a touristy area and the food was really good. We went in September so the place was very quiet and peaceful. For a majority of the days we did not have hot water; this did not bother me very much since it was so hot out anyway but others may be turned off by this. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience. The Palms is a great place to stay for an affordable price. While it may not have all the luxuries of an all inclusive resort, it was just fine for us and provided everything we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PaperLimes
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Paid for 2 night stay through Expedia since it was cheaper than the Palms website. I usually stay at the neighboring hotel Seawind Resort but I wanted to try some where new. Big mistake. The check was great the front desk staff welcoming. We checked into room 216 which is a standard room with a king size bed. I am not claustrophobic by any means but from ceiling to floor on two sides of the room was wooden shutters/doors. One set of shutter doors leading out to the back yard and the other to the patio. I dont know why but those shutter wooden doors just made the room appear smaller and closed in. There was a beautiful swan made from a towel on the bed decorated with flowers.
The BAD
Upon arrival to the room I went to take a shower. Needless to say for the two days I was there the water pressure in the shower was very LOW and there was NO, I repeat NO HOT WATER for the whole stay. There was no phone in the room so I couldnt call the front desk and I was so tired from my long trip to Jamaica I just wanted to go to bed. I was trying to fall asleep but it was difficult since the AC unit was barely pushing out any cool air at the coldest temperature setting (18 degree Celsius). I was so hot I was miserable. In the daytime It was so miserable in that room due to the heat and lack of a functional AC unit. Needless to say I could not wait to leave, those 2 days couldnt end fast enough. I checked into Seawind Resort on the 3rd day, back to HOT water and a fully functional AC and the most amazing staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jamaica_Beach_Bum
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The only thing that dampend my stay at The Palms Resort were the mosquito bites I got there. i highly recommend they put up screens on all shutters to avoid mosquitos coming in. I was severly bitten, it made my vacation very uncomfortable. I was not too happy with thier meal plan menu. They provide the same meal plan menu every day, with very limited options. When in fact, they have mulitple menus. They should offer all menu choices to those with meal plan, and explain, if they go out of their allowalbe amount, they will need to pay the difference out of pocket. Must say, the food was delicious, no complaints there. The staff, friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank micaela16
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The Palms is wonderful for a budget friendly vacation. This was the second time I had stayed at The Palms. We came to get married (not at The Palms) and had 10 guests stay there as well. Most everything was ok, there were a few things that could of been better but all in all a good time for again, a budget friendly stay. I can't say that I would go back, just because I like to visit different resorts....The restaurant was good, some food items for breakfast they never had. Keep an eye on your bill as if you purchase a breakfast, coffee is free. Ramsey the security guard was awesome! Ann Marie was very helpful and always friendly! Great Mojito's at Krystals!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple