“Best Price and Great Location!”
Review of Negril Palms Hotel

Negril Palms Hotel
Ranked #42 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel was great for what we paid for ($45 a night). When you are paying that much you can't really complain about anything...lol.

What I LOVED:
Location/Convenience-
It is located between Couples Resort and The Negril Treehouse.
There is a convenient store/gift shop next to the beach bar. The family that owns and operates it are super nice. Everything was within walking distance.
The Negril Palms has good Chicken Curry and their Omelette was huge! We had breakfast and dinner here only one time for our 4 night stay. It was good.
The Beach-
Need I say more? 7 mile beach is one of the best beaches in the world!

What I LIKED:
Room-
My boyfriend and I are low maintenance so we loved that we were'nt paying for stuff we didnt need...like room service or any other "fancy" amenities etc... We are pretty basic. If you wanted a mini fridge then its optional at an additional charge.
The Staff-
The staff were nice. Some more than others. I liked our housekeeper. I asked for extra towels so she didn't have to come back to clean the next day. I offered her money and at first she smiled and politely refused. But I insisted. I thought that was nice of her. I mean especially after dealing with so many people trying to sell you stuff or asking for "help" all day long.

What I didn't like:
Ok this is kind of tricky because overall I enjoyed our stay here for what we paid for.
But if I could say just a couple of things that I noticed just so you guys know what to expect.

The bar wasn't set up on some days.
We had to go look for someone to serve us at the bar or for dining service.
The staff were nice but not welcoming compared to the staff in the surrounding area.
We noticed this right away which didn't bother us at all! Like I said the staff was nice.
This just made us venture out to our neighboring resorts.
The Negril Treehouse- Friendly Staff. Great drinks
Country Country- Great staff. Awesome breakfast, make sure you get your juice with your breakfast because it's included!! Good prices!
Margaritaville- We never ate here but we heard it was good and they have a DJ at night.
Sunbeach- Sunset dinner on the beach! Good prices big portions.
and so on...

Room Tip: We stayed in room 401. It was right above the front office on the second floor. Close to the street...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
NegrilPalms, Manager at Negril Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

THANK YOU AND CALL US AT 1800 249 5988

We thank this guest for the review. We continue our work to improve our hotel and offer the greatest deals to guests staying on the seven mile beach. Our bar facilities are open and available seven days per week and in our improvement efforts we are focussed on our facilities as well as the work of our staff. We appreciate the comments of this guest and invite you to call us at 1 800 249 5988 or email reservations@negrilpalmshotel.com for a great vacation deal for yourself.

There are newer reviews for Negril Palms Hotel

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I've been to Ocho Rios Montego Bay and Negril and can I just say SEVEN MILE BEACH IS MY FAVORITE! This hotel's location is PERFECT!! You can walk up to Margaritaville or any other of the several food places vendors and walk past all of the hotels. And the Beach on this stretch is just PERFECT! You don't need snorkel gear. I literally walked and looked down and I saw a star fish, other fishy my toes as clear as day. The water is so clear and beautiful. The hotels on this strip are def not 5 star. They did do renovations here and they are good enough. The location is EVERYTHING! I will be staying here on my next trip to Negril! I can not wait to go back!!! I've stayed at Riu Negril but I prefer this to all inclusive for the location and choice. I just purchased a few bottles of alcohol for the room. I prefer the food at the different local spots. More authentic and more flavor!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ndennifer
Reviewed 25 April 2014

everything was just good and we were really said to lieve this place.
Stuff is really is friendly and we really like everything.
Price and location is fantastic
We will come again.
Big thanks to this wonderful hotel.

1  Thank JaMan14
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here April 13-17th, 2014. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were thin and needed replacing. We did not have a view of the ocean but we were steps from the beach. There were plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas. The staff were friendly and Stacey gives the best massages. The restaurant located on the property was okay. The service was extremely slow, even for "island time'. I did question the security of the room because our sliding balcony door would not lock. We ended up wedging something in the track of the door so it could not be opened from the outside. It is conveniently located.
Overall, it was a good place to stay. It was clean and the property itself is beautiful. The price was in our budget. We would stay here again.

1  Thank Monica C
NegrilPalms, Manager at Negril Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

EMAIL US AT: reservations@negrilpalmshotel.com OR CALL 1 800 249 5988 for the LOWEST PRICES IN JAMAICA

MAKE US AN OFFER.NEGOTIATE YOUR OWN ROOM RATE WITH US. NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED.

We thank our guest for this well-written and honest review. We are very happy that this guest had an enjoyable stay and would return to Negril Palms. This is the reward for the countless improvements we have made to our hotel in the past two years.

Regarding the concerns raised by the guest; we are still working to improve all aspects of our guests' experience and the matters mentioned have benn of the highest priority for us and have been addressed.

We therefore deeply appreciate all the comments made in this review.

We invite you to become a satisfied Negril Palms guest also. Call or visit the website of your favourite travel service provider or contact us at:reservations@negrilpalmshotel.com
or 1 800 249 5988.

Again, we thank this guest and invite you too to join us on the beach in Negril.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed late February for 5 nights... can't say enough wonderful things.. slept great ( wonderful bed), housekeeping was great, check in and beach service very good... the security guard Kenil made us feel safe... we walked off for hours and nothing was gone ...
Food was great... beach was wonderful... chairs and umbrellas and pool ( great when wind picks up)..

Only complaint? Its called a mojito bar... months later, still can't get a mojito of any of the posted varieties there! Please.. I would LOVE a mojito in Jamaica... grow mint, get mint, or please don't tease me..

Have already rebooked for September...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pamhDurhamNC

CALL US NOW AND NEGOTIATE A GREAT RATE FOR YOUYRSELF. NO RESAONABLE OFFER REFUSED. 1 800 249 5988 or email: reservations@negrilpalmshotel.com

We thank this guest for the review. We have worked very hard to improve our hotel for the sole purpose of pleasing our guests. The last two years were challenging and rewarding for us and we are pleased that this guest was satisfied. We also know that so many more guests are satisfied too. You too can be a satisfied Negril Palms guest.

This guest is correct! From your favourite travel service provider or from us directly you too can book a getaway that is great value for money. For this summer we have the lowest rates among the hotels on the Negril beach. Call us today or contact your favourite travel service provider.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed at the super Negril Palms from March 3-12, 2014, the first time staying at this property. The view from 206 is the best in the place! The room itself was spotless and very comfortable. There had been some update/renos done to the rooms recently and it was very welcoming. Superb location on Seven Mile Beach. Excellent security both at the front gate and at the beach entrance. Office staff - Cordelia, Charmaine and all the ladies - were super helpful and always cheerful. The hotel is at the "quiet" end of Seven Mile, which suited me fine - it'sjust a short walk down the beach to all the action. Perfect for a relaxing get away. The beach area itself was spectacular - umbrellas, chairs and towels for everyone! There was much maintenance work going on during my stay - painting and refurbishing of common areas - looked awesome when it was done. Excellent value for your travel dollar. Am planning Negril 2015 already....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Allyson777
NegrilPalms, Manager at Negril Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

We thank this guest for her great review of our hotel. We are overwhelmed.

The owners, management and staff of Negril Palms have worked tirelessly day and night for the past two years to refurbish the property and enhance the quality of the guests' experience.Everyone reading these reviews will note that we have come a long way in a short time.

Our hotel is now far better than it was a year or two ago. So we thank this guest and all who stayed with us and supported us over the past two years. Negril Palms is now a much better place and we invite all of you to email us at reservations@negrilpalmshotel.com or call us toll free at 1 800 249 5988 and book your next vacation with us. Or go to the website of your favourite travel service provider and see our great summer/fall specials featuring massive discounts.

Again, to this guest and all who have supported us, a big thank you.

We look forward to hosting you.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My Wife and I checked in Feb 23 for 4 nights had room 105.. Reservation Staff Charmaine and Latoya were very good before we checked in and while we were at the Palms... Rooms very nice,clean good value..Grounds very nicely landscaped and Building maintained very very well nice paint.thru out the exterior.. a gem of a place for 36 units pool is virtually on the beach its the only one located like this.
Delores and Max handle the bar and restaurant area very sociable friendly folks.. Kitchen services need to improve..food good but slow to deliver..
Palms is located in the middle of 7 mile beach of Negril. Really .beautiful beach walk 3.5 miles either way.. local Jamaicans are interested in selling you only if you want they are cool about it and do not pester..They are truly friendly and talkative - good people.. The beach walk is fun plenty of other spots to eat.. 3 meals daily for two less than $100.
It's a fun part of the island.. We rented a Yaris at MBJ and drove it was our 4th time there ARGUSCARHIRE shopped all rentals in the web for us and europecar was 131.00 for the 5 days a Chase INK credit card is the only one that covers the CDW/waiver for free..

The Palms is great dollar value for 125-150 per night during high season when its 9 degrees in Franklin Mass..

The whole trip was a 10 Joel D'Errico Franklin Mass 40 years Travel Agency business 508-439-0022

Room Tip: Book Early Speak with Charmaine or Latoya !!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple