“Relaxation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Pine Hill, New Jersey
“Relaxation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel and the staff were great! Tricia made us the best drinks and Colette helped us when our room did not have air conditioning. They made us feel like we were at home and never a bother. The wait for the food was long but we were in Jamaica so what did we expect?! The location was perfect. The beach was wonderful and we were not bothered relentlessly by people trying to sell us things I guess due to Jason and the other secutprity guard who were always on site. There were plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas at all times. The pool was good although we didn't get in it it was cleaned daily and looked refreshing but when you have such a great beach why get in the pool?! We are making plans to return. The only problem I had was the beds were not comfortable at all. I woke up sore everyday.

Room Tip: The lower level rooms were great and gave you fast access. You want a room that does not back up to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lori A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Comfy, clean room. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The deck overlooking the beach is very romantic.There is tons to do right from the doorstep. We did the parasailing which has a booth right beside the hotel and it was a rush. Rick's Cafe is close by if cliff jumping is your thing(I would recommend diving) The lighthouse at sunset is beautiful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank oscar c
Evansville, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel was a great find! We stayed here in February, following a mission trip visit. The rooms were clean and the beach beautiful. No you won't have a flat screen with satellite tv, it's basic, but if you just want a nice place to sleep, a nice chair with umbrella on the beach, it's perfect! They have an outdoor area you can order breakfast and you can walk the beach easily for lunch or dinner. 10 min walk to margaritaville, next door always had drink specials, this hotel also hS a bar right on the beach. Security was super nice and the ladies from the spa gave us great deals! Yes you will have people trying to sell you items, but security was very good about keeping them from hounding you. If you are tall, the shower heads are lower... Not a problem for me:) it looked like they have remodeled the bathrooms, they had modern sinks and tiled showers. I'd go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Amy Y
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

A great hotel for a great price. Overall during our stay we had no problems.

(We used Viator ( Holiday Services for our airport transfers) Excellent price and service. On time and clean and an amazing price for a RT.)

Everyone from the front desk staff to the maids to the security ( front and back of the hotel) were very nice and helpful. Very friendly! Very safe

The Room was a standard clean hotel room. It had everything you needed. Nice tv, and room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. You come to negril to swim, party and sleep so the room had everything I needed Plus WIFI in the rooms!!!!

The Beach was amazing. plenty of chairs and umbrellas. There is hustlers on the beach but once you say no, they leave you alone. The hotel grounds were beautiful The flowers and landscaping were well kept.

Restaurant and bar - We had breakfast here ($9 u,.s.) and it was quite good also came with unlimited coffee

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelling_beauty27
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I love the location of the hotel. The rooms are plain but very clean, if you are used to a five star resort with well décor rooms this is not for you. But once you see the beach you will forget all about your room. The hotel is on the 7mile beach all white sand and clear water. I felt safe my whole trip. At night they lock the gate and only guess can come in or leave, they have two security one in the front and one in the back. while I was walking one night on the beach I realize all the hotels on the strip had a security on the back entrance watching. The beach on that strip is private only for the hotel guess so it stay very clean and un crowded. But if you go pass the 7mile beach its a free for all. Margarita Ville is close to the hotel alone with other restaurants. The hotel does have a restaurant and a bar, but I didn't eat their. We eat at other restaurant that was next to the hotel , my friends like it because it had a great view and the food was pretty good and a great price and great service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank widelyne b
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I arrived in Jamaica on the 18th of May, 2014. I took CLIVES transport service to NEGRIL from MONTEGO BAY airport and was the only one in the whole van except for Michael my driver. It was a torrential downpour upon my arrival at the NEGRIL PALMS at 7 MILE Beach. I was greeted warmly by Cardelia and given my room key and key to the room safe. Another lady escorted me to my room and also carried my bag. The room was as advertised on the website. A nice queen bed double sheeted, a TV,AC and a clean bathroom with a huge shower. No blanket on the bed as you absolutely do not need one in this tropical climate. The best part about this resort is the beach. The beach is right there - right off the bar and the restaurant. You do not need to travel or hike to get to the water. It's right there! The restaurant is basic and good. Tasty omelets and breakfast and good shrimp scampi w/ pasta for dinner. The resorts are so close together on 7 mile beach that if you want to sample another resorts restaurant you can with only a 2 minute walk down the beach and enter the restaurant beachside. No need to walk the road in Negril which is very busy. I was there in low season and only paid $500.00 for the week that I stayed there. I would not pay much more than that; maybe up to $800.00 for the week for a week. There are no phones in the rooms as my description of the room is simple and basic. I would add that there is too much sand in the pool. For that reason I did not use the pool. Nice people run the resort and they are genuinely concerned that you are having a good time. I would mention that the restaurant does not serve dessert which I found disappointing. I travelled 2 doors down the beach to satisfy my sweet tooth. The ladies in the spa are very attentive and kind. I had my hair braided for $50.00. If from previous travels to 2nd & 3rd world countries the typical tourist hustlers on the beach bother you - they are 3 times as annoying on 7 mile beach than anywhere else I have been. They are selling necklaces, bracelets, marijuana, and some of the men are selling time with them. If you are a single female traveler - beware and be firm. These fellows are pests and can ruin your day if you let them! All they are after is your money so please be beware of these overtly friendly fellows. I had hoped that the resort would intervene and shoo these men away form the chez lounge area on the beach but not so. I guess my advice is that is if fending off all these hustlers away is going to put a dent in your enjoyment factor - stay at the CLIFFS in NEGRIL. There is no beach there - you swim directly off these beautiful cliffs into the sublime and surreal blue water so there is no beach for these hustlers to ply their trade.

In any event it was a super week. Sunny and warm and the swimming in the ocean was awesome. The water was a beautiful aquamarine and about 80 degrees. Pure Paradise.

Room Tip: I like the bottom - 1st floor rooms. You are nestled in the tropical garden. I have no interest...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Flygirl471
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I traveled to the Palms for a Spring Break vacation with some friends, but we were looking for a place a little nicer and quieter than some of the more rowdy/cheap hotels on the beach. The Palms looked nice, and we did enjoy our stay for the most part - HOWEVER, the night before we were set to leave to head back, we were ROBBED WHILE SLEEPING. One of the louver windows apparently was broken - we had no idea as we had never opened them - and so someone was able to open the windows, reach their hand in, and unlock our balcony door. All our electronics (cell phones, ipod, speakers, cameras), jewelry, and cash were stolen. The worst part about it at was how we were treated afterwards - the police were called, they even admitted that it looked like an inside job (someone must have known the window was broken... and the fact that we were leaving a few hours later...), and yet the hotel did NOTHING. Security actually physically attacked my friend (a 22yo girl) when he complained we were being too loud and that other guests would hear. Other guests should know! There were families with children! I would like to know if I was staying in a hotel where someone WALKS INTO MY ROOM WHILE I'M SLEEPING AND ROBS ME. WE THANK GOD IT WAS NOTHING WORSE! An absolute violation of security and a new level of indecency from everyone at the hotel. The hotel did not offer us anything in consolation, and when we didn't even have any money to get to the airport to catch our flight, they wouldn't even pay for our cab! I eventually got in contact with the US Embassy in Jamaica and they sorted that situation out for us. This was definitely the WORST vacation experience I have ever had, and I can't even remember the good parts before this all happened as they stole the camera with all the vacation pictures...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
20 Thank Wanderlustlover111
NegrilPalms, Manager at Negril Palms Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
A FALSE AND MALICIOUS REVIEW

We took some time to investigate the outrageous claims in this review as no such incident took place at Negril Palms. We asked the Negril Police to check their records thoroughly and they insisted that they did not receive any such report and did not visit Negril Palms as is falsely reported by this guest. Our own records show that no such incident took place and all persons connected to our hotel also confirm this.

We the staff of Negril Palms will continue to work to improve our hotel and the service we offer for the benefit of you our guests. We have come a long way having made significant improvement to our rooms, restaurant, grounds, internal systems and public areas to offer you the best service and product at the lowest possible rates.

Call us at 1 800 249 5988

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels