“The perfect get away for all...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Negril Palms Hotel

Negril Palms Hotel
Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Negril
North Carolina
“The perfect get away for all...”
Reviewed 28 March 2009

As a college student with a group of friends looking to get away for Spring Break, the Palms Resort had the perfect balance of serenity and relaxation as well as the proximity to the fun, Jamaican style partying scene. If you are looking for either of these, then you better consider The Palms - the best thing about this resort is the staff. They were more than accommodating, friendly, and provided all of us the help or assistance we asked for WITHOUT screwing us over like many of the Jamaican locals can do. Having reliable friends at your accommodation is such a valuable resource. I cannot convey enough how great this resort is, and I give my full recommendation to anyone of any age looking to get to Negril, Jamaica!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
NC
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I had an amazing experience two weeks ago at The Palms. To start with, the location couldn't be better. It's right in the middle of Seven Mile beach. You can walk down the beach for miles in either direction and find great bars, restaurants, jerk stands etc. The resort bar is right on the beach, as are the swimming pool and dining area.

The rooms/bathrooms were beautiful (plaster walls, lofted ceilings, dark wood trim) but slightly underfurnished. The rooms were dark at night due to the lack of a real lamp. Instead, we had to turn on these little blueish LED lights if we wanted to read. I think the furnishing problems will go away when renovations are complete. Besides, the only time I spent in the room was sleeping.

The staff was great. Very friendly and helpful. If you want to experience the nightlife in Negril, talk to the staff. They'll let you know where to go and might tag along. Lots of fun.

Finally, the food is great and reasonably priced compared to what you'll find at some places.

rewhite14
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I went to Jamaica with fifteen friends and made the mistake of staying in Montego Bay for a couple of days before transferring to the Palms. The Palms is truly the ideal affordable resort for anyone who is trying to have a relaxing and enjoyable time in Negril. The staff is awesome, and the rooms are big and well furnished. The outdoor restaurant has great food and great atmosphere. I can't wait to go back, and I will definitely be staying there when I return to Jamaica. It's only a short walk up the beach, or a short cab ride to all the local hot spots along seven mile beach. Great for couples, families, or spring breakers alike...a true diamond in the rough.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2009

The Palms Resort was a wonderful experience--at the time we were there, they were still amidst a renovation, but what was finished was spectacular, and the rest looked promising.

The rooms are a bit minimalist, in a good way. The spa style decor feels tropical, and the slat windows are a nice touch to get a breeze through at night.

I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They were courteous, honest, helpful--they even went out with us at night!

All in all, I couldn't ask for a better experience. The Palms Resort would be great for both spring breakers and couples looking to get away alike.

Go visit!

NYC
Reviewed 16 March 2009

This was a girl's get-a-way for the Fourth of July 2008. Sorry for taking so long to write this review. Upon arrival, my friend and I were both slightly disppointed at the appearance of the hotel...however, if you've ever been to Negril you should know that you can't always judge a book by its cover. I had been back and fourth with the resort before my arrival regarding the room and amenities. The website stated that they had double rooms- truth is- there is no such thing as double rooms. We got to our room to find only one bed, when I asked management about this they said "No Problem" and moved a bed from another room into our room and pushed the two beds side by side. The resort was still undergoing "maintainence" when we were there and so there were unfinished rooms next to us and across from us. The pool was a flithy mess, we requested that they clean it out and they did ONCE. The staff was super friendly, they catered to our every request to the best of their ability. The location is awesome, its right on the 7-mile beach and in walking distance to all other resorts, restaurants, etc. The big DOWNER of this trip was the lack of HOT water. I became infuriated having to constantly bathe in COLD water!!!
If your looking for a 5-star resort, this isn't it. If your looking for a place that has a great central location, and a clean place to lay your head, this will pass. On a scale from one to five, I give the Palms a two. The sad part is with the proper management, this place has alot of potential.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels