Negril Palms Hotel
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$99
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$212
US$193
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$150
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
Cancelon
US$484
US$380
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmojito barseven mile beachpool deckhotel restaurantsecurity guardsmall poolgift shopbeautiful beachall inclusivesbeach vendorsred stripesmall resortjamaican foodwater sportsjerk chickenpalmsjuicys
Reviewed 14 February 2010

We really loved the Palms and were fortunate to stay there a total of 7 nights, longer than we expected due to the DC "snowmageddon". We are 30ish year old couple from DC area and have traveled the Caribbean and central America extensively. We tend to like a more of an "a la carte" experience rather than an all-inclusive experience. I personally did not expect much from the Palms because the prices were so low. (And honestly, I can't believe people on here are complaining about paying $86 a night...SERIOUSLY!) But we were blown away by the location, the service, and the wonderful people that work at this resort.

The beach/pool area:
It is hands-down the best place to be on 7-mile beach unless you want to do an all-inclusive. My husband and I walked the majority of 7-mile beach and the Palms truly has the best beach area and pool area. The jazz night was really fun as was the Bob Marley birthday party.

Staff:
I know it sounds cliche, but by the time we left here we felt like the staff was our family. We had so much fun with all of them! Ramsey keeps vendors at bay on the beach, but also acts as the unofficial concierge. Everyone listens to him! We made sure to have Davie as our waiter almost every night we were there because he was so much fun. Chris always made sure we got a fair price on a cab. The front desk staff was so kind and accommodating, especially when we needed to stay an extra 2 days because our flights were canceled. They helped us make phone calls, rearrange our flights, and let me camp out in the office with my laptop to make all of the arrangements needed to extend our stay. It was also nice to meet the owners who are working so hard to transform this resort into their vision. Honestly, all you need to know is that a smile, please and thank you, and kindness go a long way. Drop your sense of entitlement at the door...you are a visitor in their country and should be grateful to be able to share the beauty and the experience with them.

The rooms:
There are a few things you should know here. Yes, part of the hotel is under renovation. Yes, the already renovated part is nicer than the part that isn't. We were on the renovated side. Our room was clean and contained all of the amenities we needed to make our stay comfortable...its very minimalist chic. You may have interruptions in cable, hot water, or high speed internet. Totally not a big deal to us...who watches TV in paradise anyway?! There is a resort beside the Palms that has a band that plays horrible music and karaoke until 11 pm. You will likely hear this in your room. Otherwise, I cannot complain about my sleep quality.

Restaurant/Food:
This was one of our favorite parts of the Palms. We had lobster special almost every night we were there (2 lobster dinners for 39.99). The seafood pasta with the red sauce was awesome, as was the jerk chicken sandwich! We tried Norma's but felt like it wasn't really any better than Krystal's especially for the price. Shareta's was sub-par. We ate breakfast at Country Country almost every day because my husband got attached to their french toast. We tried a different jerk chicken joint for lunch every day, sort of a jerk chicken challenge. My favorite was a roadside stand across from Rick's. Hubby's favorite was Bourbon Beach. Try the coco bread and the meat pockets at House of Cheap Thrills.

All in all, we had a wonderful experience and will definitely stay at the Palms on our next visit to Negril. If the staff and owners read this, THANK YOU so much for making our stay so wonderful and we look forward to seeing you all again!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
kristly, Public Relations Manager at Negril Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2010

Thank you for your review of our hotel and Kristyl’s International Restaurant! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and we especially appreciate your ratings! Guest satisfaction is our utmost concern and we are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs on your next visit to Jamaica.

Reviewed 14 February 2010

We have traveled to Jamaica many times and I would have to say this is one of nices places we have stayed. The staff was all very accomadating, the restaurant food was very good (a little on the high side for prices, but good). It was a very relaxing vacation. I felt very safe staying here and never had a problem with anything or anybody. I hope to go back and stay there again someday.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you again for your patronage and we hope that on your next visit to Jamaica you will allow us the opportunity to once again serve your hospitality needs.

Reviewed 10 February 2010

My wife and I just returned after 2 weeks in Jamaica. After a night in Kingston (at the excellent Spanish court hotel) we stayed for 6 nights at the Palms (and then moved to the Rockhouse for the last 4 nights).

The location of the Palms can't be beaten and after wandering up and down the beach a few times (and after mush online research in advance) I think this is the best choice on 7 mile beach unless you are after an all inclusive type place which we weren't.

The rooms are basic and won't blow you away. If you plan to spend lots of time in your room you will be disappointed. The biggest thing I would have liked is a fridge but with cold beers pretty cheap ($3 Red stripe) it wasn't that big an issue.

But we spent the vast majority of time on the beach or at the fab pool/deck area and we loved every minute of it.

The staff are incredible and always happy to help in any way they can. If you have a problem don't grumble about it just ask the staff and they will solve it. They always had a smile on their face and were great fun.

They did a great job of controlling the vendors on the beach, allowing them to provide their services if wanted but keeping the guests safe. (The fresh fruit and coconut slice was a welcome daily treat from our regular vendors).

The food was good and the hotel close enough to other options too. From the second day on we were never charged for the excellent bottomless blue mountain coffee either.

Sunday night Jazz night was a real treat, as was sitting under the stars each night on the big comfy chairs on the deck after watching the incredible sunsets.

If you go expecting a simple but comfortable room you will love this place. For location, value for money and a great place to enjoy the beach and cool sea breeze this is your place.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2010

We arrived at the Palms resort with a wonderful greeting from the staff. My wife and I were very pleased with the way that they gave us a tour of the hotel and introduced us to the other staff as we made our way out to the beach and beach restaurant. If you are expecting a big and fancy hotel.....this is not the place for you. But I will tell you that we had to meet another group at the end of the week in Montego Bay at the Ritz Carlton. The whole time we were at the Ritz.....we kept talking about how much more we enjoyed the quite personal touches at the Palms.
We had the privilege of meeting the owner and learned that he has been making strides each day on making the Palms a very "green" hotel. His plan is to have the Palms Hotel fully self sufficient and off the electric grid by next year. We truly enjoyed our time at The Palms Hotel and plan to come back as soon as we can. If you lucky enough to make it to the Palms...please say "Hi" to Ramsay and the rest of the staff....They are awesome!

Reviewed 7 February 2010

My friends and I stayed at The Palms in October, which is a very quiet time of year. The hotel staff were very friendly and the breakfast was delicious. A little pricey I felt for the meals. You must remember that you are on Jamaican time and there is no rush! The hotel room was great, only complaint would be the air conditioning was a little tempermental.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends