“Great Authentic Jamaican Food for Great Price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kristyl's International
Ranked #118 of 206 Restaurants in Negril
Price range: US$6 - US$45
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Every year we enjoy this restaurant on Negril Beach (about 2 miles from downtown). It is never busy, very personal service, and very authentic. They always start you out with wonderful pumpkin soup, and everything is made to order. The chef will tell you up front if they don't have something. You wait while the food is prepared so be patient, but you are never ignored. The service is great and the food even greater. Grilled lobster was the best I ever tasted. That includes a lovely salad, rice and mixed vegetables. Excellent curried chicken. Excellent red snapper in onion sauce. And shimp in garlic butter sauce. A very fine meal, for a great price.

3  Thank Brenda A

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Was invited for a comp dinner and it was a treat. the Furnishings and set up in the restaurant are well thought out. The mojitos made there are "mmmm mmmmm good'. the desserts.....o my....i have a sweet tooth...and it was satisfied. Great jazz music on a Sunday night....played by Jamaican musicians. A great place....big up to woman power.

2  Thank Oona E
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I had dinner at this restaurant twice during my stay in Negril, even though I was staying at the other end of the beach. There were plenty of vegetarian options, like the tomato and mozzarella salad, curry lentils, and rasta pasta. The drinks were tasty and the food was delicious. The service was excellent -- our server was kind and helpful. It's a pretty outdoor dining area with great sunset views and the reggae music was thankfully different than the same tunes we heard everywhere else during our stay.

1  Thank Hadas S
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Why do they have cheap plastic menus in a place with an incredible, poolside, low lighted ambiance? With this Southbeach like vibe, I wish this place could offer some nicer menus and a better kitchen staff. To put it simply, this is some of the worst food you'll find in Negril. I ordered a crab and pumpkin dish. I could of found more flavor in a can of tuna. And it breaks my heart because our waiter was so professional, attentive and well spoken and I'd love to bring friends there but I never want to go back after my terrible dinner. I mean, there are Jamaican chefs working behind the scenes - how can they possibly cook something that tasted so bad??? I just cannot understand. PLEASE Kristyl's - for the sake of your business - revamp your menu and learn to execute it correctly.

1  Thank AngelaEastwick
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We had coconut shrimp in pineapple - it was plentiful of taste and presentation, a really nice surprise. A must try.