“An Excellent Place with great Vybz's & Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril

SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
Ranked #32 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Toronto, Canada
“An Excellent Place with great Vybz's & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

Just returned from Rooms Negril with another excellent experience. The restaurant was great & now serves you on the beach. I never have a problem with Rooms Negril. The location is perfect.. Close to Alfred's and Bourbon Beach and also the Jungle niteclub I have visited Negril 15x's and now prefer the non AI's. I have seen other non AI's in Negril and love Rooms because it has been renovated recently. I will be returning again. They accomodated my every wish, again....Thanks to Ms. Grant, Petrack, Ricardo, etc... to ALL STAFF, even the security... C U Soon again. PS: Thanks to Hilary for the great spa service Right on the beach!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JulietMarkham_ON

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have never had a problem with hotels with a 3 star rating booked thru Worry free vacations - that has ended. I wonder if management had changed, it had good reviews.

I don't want to be one of those reviewers who sound bitter and angry, but I don't want another single mom to go with her son (12yo) and parents (87 and 81 yo)and feel like the hotel had completely let her down. No help from desk ever and you waited 10 minute to buy even water, so yo can imagine a question regarding Negril. I heard them lie to others while I sat on the computer, they just didn't like the guests and it showed. They would make reservations for some, some not. Basic info on negril they did not have nor did they want to share simple things like the closes ATM. Really a one star. Laundry machine broken, one ice machine for 57 room and a resturant, so no cold beverages in your room, we got a half bucket of ice one out of 10 tries, the con't breakfast was served, but 30 minutes late and you had to ask/beg for every item, juice, tst, water etc....... There is more but you get the drift, all the many, many little things that made my trip difficult.

But the rooms were nice, sparse and the house keeping staff did a wonderful job daily! As well as the grounds keep. But make sure you are content with a one star and no assistance at all with the area or even basic needs.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Momandyoungson
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

My bf and I stayed one week at Rooms. We found the room to be well equipped with a comfortable king size bed, large flat screen tv, wardrobe, dresser and drawers. The bathroom was also modern and clean. The view we had from our terrace to the garden left a lot to be desired as it was facing a fence, though it provided a lot of privacy which was nice. The continental breakfast included in the room rate also left a lot to be
desired - it consisted of dry toast with 1 butter and 1 jam, 1 small piece of cake, VERY weak coffee, concentrated orange juice and a choice of cornflakes or fruit loops. It would have to be the worst quality breakfast I've ever had the misfortune to eat. The coffee in
particular was awful, considering that Jamaica has some of the best quality coffee in the world coming from the Blue Mountains. There was also one staff member there who couldn't smile to save herself - in one instance they were out of knives so she brought out 2 knowing that we needed some however instead of taking them to the table (we were 1 metre away) she left them in the cutlery basket - the rest of the staff were very friendly though. Disappointing also was the fact the hotel bar did not have happy hours
and no vibe whatsoever, we never ate or drunk there because of this reason. Aside from the restaurant, the grounds of the hotel were well kept and clean, and the gardener was friendly, he cracked a coconut for us once when we couldn't manage to do it ourselves. The security was good and Petrack who helped with the sunbeds and towels, etc. was fantastic. Some guests we'd spoken to had problems with hot water and electricity however we were lucky and didn't have any problems at all. Overall, this was a great value for money hotel with clean, updated rooms. I would probably stay here again if the price stayed the same; if they improved the breakfast then I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MissKChivers
Lemmon, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

Our group had six rooms rented (six couples) Jan. 20 to Jan. 27, 2010. One couple didn't have any problems with their room. One couple had an air conditioner that leaked a couple waste baskets of water each day all seven days. One couple in the same block (above the kitchen) as the air conditioner problem had problems with the electricty not working three different days. Keep in mind the electricity worked in the room across the hall.
Two of us couples paid extra to have beach front rooms. We were put in block 9 upstairs. The rooms upstairs in block 9 do not have balaconies. So there you are looking out the window. Really, really disappointed to pay extra to look out a window rather than to have a balcony to enjoy morning coffee, etc. Also, block 9 has major issues with their hot water heater. It only worked for four of 13 showers. We also did not have electricity on several occassions in block 9. Usually when we were in our room to shower......no electricity. So no TV, no blow dryer, no lights, no safe. All when you kinda needed to have that stuff. I think if we wouldn't have been put in block 9 we would have enjoyed Rooms. And if the air conditioner room wouldn't have been constantly a pain. So three out of three couples had MAJOR issues. When we talked to the manager she said she would give us a voucher for one night on a later stay. We said we wouldn't stay again. I felt bad for the gals at the front desk. All six rooms in block 9 were usually occupied so they were getting calls constantly in the morning and in the evening (shower time.) In my opinion Rooms should have given us some money back on our stay. They never even offered to move us. The offer would have been nice. They just didn't seem to care. The rooms are clean, the TVs are nice, the rooms are pretty. Just wish we would not have paid extra to have one of the three rooms in the whole place without a balcony and one of six rooms without hot water. We would probably return if the management would have been a little caring or sympathetic. Guess we will go to CCLP on our next vacation. We are not picky, we just wanted them to somehow make it right with us. Had we not been put in block 9 or the block above the kitchen, we probably would have really like Rooms. Patrek the pool guy is awesome. I did tell the manager during a conversation that I would be posting a review on TA and she said "don't threaten me." Wonder why she thought that I was threatening her?!?! We have stayed at the Yellow Bird and at Legends so you know that we weren't expecting nor did we want the Ritz. We liked the Yellow Bird and Legends. We are not picky people.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lemmon
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

Just returned from 2 weeks in Negril. Spent the tail end of the trip at Rooms. Chose the hotel because it was new, got a good price and like the location on the beach. First, it was my 2nd extended stay in Negril (previous trips to MoBay included brief stays in Negril & Treasure Beach). Second, I love Jamaica and don't go there looking for first class hotels, I go for the people and experience.
The room was nice and served its purpose. Decent bed, nice bathroom - good water pressure and all the hot water you could want. No refrigerator but some guests had rented one. I had a collapsible cooler but lack of ice was sometimes an issue. Wall safe in closet - spacious, fit my macbook pro. No issues with power going out (at least that I'm aware of). 2 washers and 2 dryers for guest use but were out of order when I was there. I paid one of the housekeeping staff to do some laundry for me.
Two computers in the office for guests to check email, etc. Wireless available in room for daily fee. I did not purchase the wireless access as there are so many places in Negril with free wifi.
I only ate at the restaurant once and did not enjoy it so went to the places I knew around the hotel. Never had the free breakfast. Found all of the hotel/restaurant staff to be friendly. Only issue I had was when my safe had error message but they were responsive and fixed the problem.
Bottom line, would I stay at Rooms again? Yes, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I tend to prefer the smaller hotels/inns when traveling and Rooms didn't have that same feel. If you have reservations, you'll be fine, it is hard to beat the location and beach (near the water and behind the wall for some privacy). Feel free to send questions

Stayed January 2010
1 Thank cubs2008
Croydon, London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2010

This hotel is great for the price you pay. Its cheap and cheerful. The rooms are clean and spacious. We had a great view of the beach and the front of the hotel. The staff are wonderful. Must mention Roxanne our housekeeper, and Dwayne who works in the restaurant. Everyone was polite and efficient. We had a great two stay at rooms and will definitely stay there again. Big up to 'Lazy' the life guard!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sexysherry
Montreal, Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2010

Just got back from 10 days at Rooms Negril..I stayed there last year when it opened and needless to say, I returned again this year only to find it even better...
All of the same staff is still there..the front desk staff were very helpful and whoever says they are rude, perhaps maybe shouild go check into the Ritz Carleton. This hotel is small and very quiet but the rooms are very modern, clean and you cannot ask for more..
You can rent a fridge which is really beneficial for leftovers and cold drinks for a minimal 8$ per day..The internet access at the front desk is FREE , which is really great..I have never found that at any other hotel..But with all that being said..The location is TOP NOTCH..The beach and water are the most beautiful thing..Roots Bamboo on one side and a great place called 23/7 on the other (they deliver till all hours of the night..) We arrived after a very long trip and were exhausted and within 30 minutes, we had Jerk Chicken Pizza and the most delicious burgers at our door to eat on our balcony in the comfort of our own room.

We ate at the most delicious places..Bourbon Beach for my pick of the best and spiciest Jerk, Jamaica Tamboo for the absolute best lobster pizza, Chances for the best Caribbean Pizza, 3 Dives for the best Lobster..OMG!!! And my pick for absolute hands down the best meal EVER was BENTLEYS CRABHOUSE...Bentley lives way up in the West end..He has 3 tables on this beautiful balcony and you call him the day of or day before to tell him you are coming and he will cook you up the meal of a lifetime..But you ave to like Crab..He does chicken and lobster and anything you want with all the trimmings..We ate like Royalty and all for a very very cheap price..If anyone is interested in his coordinates..email me, if I post it here , it will get deleted by Tripadvisor..

As for Rooms, you have all you want within walking distance..Miss Sonias across the street, Jamaica tamboo and Bourbon Beach just down the street and many other great places to go.

When staying at Rooms..Go see PETRAC the pool guy..Give him a few $ everyday and you will not have to ever worry about chairs and towels he will do it al for you..(ask him for the floats..they are great..) See Gardenia the grounds keeper for anyhing else you need , he is so friendly and willing to anything for you..

Shernette and Tashana at the Front Desk are the greates and they are all under the management of Miss Grant who has this place running like a well oiled machine..

There are 2 drawbacks..the restuarant..(it does not belong to the hotel) this place needs to perk up breakfast..That is the only downside..it is more than TERRIBLE!!! 2 pieces of dry toast and Sunny D OJ and weak coffee..They need more to keep you going till lunch..I had breakfast off the menu a few times and the food there is really good and not expensive..They will even serve you on the beach and if you want lunch, just order and tell them what time and they will deliver it to your chair..You can start a tab and settle it up when you go in for the day..Otherwise, there is plenty to eat from the vendors..Neville the patty guy come very late..around 2 pm..by then I am too hungry..Wtch for the guy carrying a big silver what looks like a tool box..he has the best Jerk Pork in there..

I have only been home 3 days but cannot wait to return to Rooms next year..Yiou cannot beat the price or the location..I wouldnever ponder the thought of doing an all inclusive in Negril with all the good and inexpensive food aorund..So if you are looking for a clean modern hotel at GREAT prices..this is it..btw..there are plasmas and freezing A/C in every room..My only complaint to the managent..they should try to supply shampoo and body wash..as well as trying to get the rooms cleaned at a consistant time..Sometimes they are clean by 9:30 am and other days they were not cleaned by the time we came in from the beach (4pm) therefore, no clean towels for showers.

But hey, if I am going to let that ruin my vacation, then I should not be on vacation in the 1st place!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank mtlrandi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
#14 of 84 in Negril
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,062 reviews
Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Travellers Beach Resort

Been to SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril? Share your experiences!