“Great location, nice rooms, great beach...”

SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
Ranked #35 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Great location, nice rooms, great beach. Needs a complete overhaul of management and staff. We were there 8 nights and didn't get towels 2 of the days. 2 other days we had to hunt down towels. The water in the hotel was shut off all together one day. They were always out of ice in the only ice maker. After all the "little" issues we would go back due to the beach and location.

Reviewed 18 February 2010

Just returned from Rooms Negril with another excellent experience. The restaurant was great & now serves you on the beach. I never have a problem with Rooms Negril. The location is perfect.. Close to Alfred's and Bourbon Beach and also the Jungle niteclub I have visited Negril 15x's and now prefer the non AI's. I have seen other non AI's in Negril and love Rooms because it has been renovated recently. I will be returning again. They accomodated my every wish, again....Thanks to Ms. Grant, Petrack, Ricardo, etc... to ALL STAFF, even the security... C U Soon again. PS: Thanks to Hilary for the great spa service Right on the beach!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulietMarkham_ON
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have never had a problem with hotels with a 3 star rating booked thru Worry free vacations - that has ended. I wonder if management had changed, it had good reviews.

I don't want to be one of those reviewers who sound bitter and angry, but I don't want another single mom to go with her son (12yo) and parents (87 and 81 yo)and feel like the hotel had completely let her down. No help from desk ever and you waited 10 minute to buy even water, so yo can imagine a question regarding Negril. I heard them lie to others while I sat on the computer, they just didn't like the guests and it showed. They would make reservations for some, some not. Basic info on negril they did not have nor did they want to share simple things like the closes ATM. Really a one star. Laundry machine broken, one ice machine for 57 room and a resturant, so no cold beverages in your room, we got a half bucket of ice one out of 10 tries, the con't breakfast was served, but 30 minutes late and you had to ask/beg for every item, juice, tst, water etc....... There is more but you get the drift, all the many, many little things that made my trip difficult.

But the rooms were nice, sparse and the house keeping staff did a wonderful job daily! As well as the grounds keep. But make sure you are content with a one star and no assistance at all with the area or even basic needs.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Momandyoungson
Reviewed 9 February 2010

My bf and I stayed one week at Rooms. We found the room to be well equipped with a comfortable king size bed, large flat screen tv, wardrobe, dresser and drawers. The bathroom was also modern and clean. The view we had from our terrace to the garden left a lot to be desired as it was facing a fence, though it provided a lot of privacy which was nice. The continental breakfast included in the room rate also left a lot to be
desired - it consisted of dry toast with 1 butter and 1 jam, 1 small piece of cake, VERY weak coffee, concentrated orange juice and a choice of cornflakes or fruit loops. It would have to be the worst quality breakfast I've ever had the misfortune to eat. The coffee in
particular was awful, considering that Jamaica has some of the best quality coffee in the world coming from the Blue Mountains. There was also one staff member there who couldn't smile to save herself - in one instance they were out of knives so she brought out 2 knowing that we needed some however instead of taking them to the table (we were 1 metre away) she left them in the cutlery basket - the rest of the staff were very friendly though. Disappointing also was the fact the hotel bar did not have happy hours
and no vibe whatsoever, we never ate or drunk there because of this reason. Aside from the restaurant, the grounds of the hotel were well kept and clean, and the gardener was friendly, he cracked a coconut for us once when we couldn't manage to do it ourselves. The security was good and Petrack who helped with the sunbeds and towels, etc. was fantastic. Some guests we'd spoken to had problems with hot water and electricity however we were lucky and didn't have any problems at all. Overall, this was a great value for money hotel with clean, updated rooms. I would probably stay here again if the price stayed the same; if they improved the breakfast then I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissKChivers
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Our group had six rooms rented (six couples) Jan. 20 to Jan. 27, 2010. One couple didn't have any problems with their room. One couple had an air conditioner that leaked a couple waste baskets of water each day all seven days. One couple in the same block (above the kitchen) as the air conditioner problem had problems with the electricty not working three different days. Keep in mind the electricity worked in the room across the hall.
Two of us couples paid extra to have beach front rooms. We were put in block 9 upstairs. The rooms upstairs in block 9 do not have balaconies. So there you are looking out the window. Really, really disappointed to pay extra to look out a window rather than to have a balcony to enjoy morning coffee, etc. Also, block 9 has major issues with their hot water heater. It only worked for four of 13 showers. We also did not have electricity on several occassions in block 9. Usually when we were in our room to shower......no electricity. So no TV, no blow dryer, no lights, no safe. All when you kinda needed to have that stuff. I think if we wouldn't have been put in block 9 we would have enjoyed Rooms. And if the air conditioner room wouldn't have been constantly a pain. So three out of three couples had MAJOR issues. When we talked to the manager she said she would give us a voucher for one night on a later stay. We said we wouldn't stay again. I felt bad for the gals at the front desk. All six rooms in block 9 were usually occupied so they were getting calls constantly in the morning and in the evening (shower time.) In my opinion Rooms should have given us some money back on our stay. They never even offered to move us. The offer would have been nice. They just didn't seem to care. The rooms are clean, the TVs are nice, the rooms are pretty. Just wish we would not have paid extra to have one of the three rooms in the whole place without a balcony and one of six rooms without hot water. We would probably return if the management would have been a little caring or sympathetic. Guess we will go to CCLP on our next vacation. We are not picky, we just wanted them to somehow make it right with us. Had we not been put in block 9 or the block above the kitchen, we probably would have really like Rooms. Patrek the pool guy is awesome. I did tell the manager during a conversation that I would be posting a review on TA and she said "don't threaten me." Wonder why she thought that I was threatening her?!?! We have stayed at the Yellow Bird and at Legends so you know that we weren't expecting nor did we want the Ritz. We liked the Yellow Bird and Legends. We are not picky people.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank lemmon
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Just returned from 2 weeks in Negril. Spent the tail end of the trip at Rooms. Chose the hotel because it was new, got a good price and like the location on the beach. First, it was my 2nd extended stay in Negril (previous trips to MoBay included brief stays in Negril & Treasure Beach). Second, I love Jamaica and don't go there looking for first class hotels, I go for the people and experience.
The room was nice and served its purpose. Decent bed, nice bathroom - good water pressure and all the hot water you could want. No refrigerator but some guests had rented one. I had a collapsible cooler but lack of ice was sometimes an issue. Wall safe in closet - spacious, fit my macbook pro. No issues with power going out (at least that I'm aware of). 2 washers and 2 dryers for guest use but were out of order when I was there. I paid one of the housekeeping staff to do some laundry for me.
Two computers in the office for guests to check email, etc. Wireless available in room for daily fee. I did not purchase the wireless access as there are so many places in Negril with free wifi.
I only ate at the restaurant once and did not enjoy it so went to the places I knew around the hotel. Never had the free breakfast. Found all of the hotel/restaurant staff to be friendly. Only issue I had was when my safe had error message but they were responsive and fixed the problem.
Bottom line, would I stay at Rooms again? Yes, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I tend to prefer the smaller hotels/inns when traveling and Rooms didn't have that same feel. If you have reservations, you'll be fine, it is hard to beat the location and beach (near the water and behind the wall for some privacy). Feel free to send questions

Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank cubs2008
Reviewed 27 January 2010

This hotel is great for the price you pay. Its cheap and cheerful. The rooms are clean and spacious. We had a great view of the beach and the front of the hotel. The staff are wonderful. Must mention Roxanne our housekeeper, and Dwayne who works in the restaurant. Everyone was polite and efficient. We had a great two stay at rooms and will definitely stay there again. Big up to 'Lazy' the life guard!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple