Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Food is pretty awesome, great ambiance, staff is friendly, i had a nice romantic candle light dinner under the stars with my boyfriend. I had shrimp in coconut sauce for US$20 and it pretty good. Serving was huge.....i couldn't eat it all....cheapest entree is like US$16 or US$19 thereabout and that's not bad at all. Most expensive one was for about US$35 (don't quote me, trying my best to remember what i saw on the menu). Would recommend this place to anyone who wants a nice quiet get a way to relax and have good food.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing! The food is so delicious, we couldn't stay away. My husband and I were delighted with our plantain wrapped shrimp, pumpkin soup, chicken curry, chicken penne pasta, and desserts!
Every bite was excellent and we wish we would have had room for more. This restaurant is a must do if you are in Jamaica! We had 2 romantic dinners here and can't think of any restaurant in the Caribbean that comes close to it.
We paid a taxi $20 US dollars for a round trip to Ivan's and it was worth it!

1  Thank CAbeachlovers
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed next to Catcha at Tensing Pen so it was a short walk to Ivan’s. I heard so much about the food and service at Ivan’s that we had to try it. I emailed them and made reservations ahead of time. We arrived 10-15 minutes early and had a drink at Ivan’s bar. The bar area was very nice and the bartender was extremely professional. We made our way to our table and the view was outstanding (although the skies were cloudy). We ordered the trio app, jerk chicken, crabcakes and jerk shrimp. Before the app came out our server brought us pumpkin soup free of charge. The soup was amazing. Next the app came out and it was very good as well. Now on to the main event. I ordered the jerk snapper with “hot hot hot” jerk sauce. My wife ordered the seafood pasta. I loved the jerk snapper and the sauce was delicious. My wife enjoyed her seafood pasta as well. She added some of my jerk sauce to her seafood pasta and she recommends this as a nice add. Overall we had a great time. Our server was great, food unbelievable and the view amazing.

1  Thank flyinburrito
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I visited with a large family group in late May with ages ranging from 2 - 55 and we all loved it. I reserved a table just before sunset and we all enjoyed the amazing views from this charming restaurant. The staff were so nice, talked through the menu with us, recommended dishes and also enjoyed a joke or two when my brother tried the too hot for him jerk chicken. The food was delicious. Not cheap but your on holiday! Great for a memorable meal alone or with a partner, family and friends. Will definitely visit again and would consider staying here next time I visit Jamaica as the atmosphere was very calm and positive. Loved!

2  Thank TManahan
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at the Riu Tropical Bay just 10 minutes down the road and decided to venture out for dinner one night. My wife emailed Ivans to make a reservation and we got a taxi up to the Catcha Falling Star hotel. CFS hotel is amazing by the way! The food at Ivans is really good, not the best you'll ever have but really good.

We got there for about sunset time and asked for a seat with a view. It was lovely, if you have been to Rickes Café then its the same view but you have it all to yourself! After dinner we moved into the shaded area which was lovely. Very romantic and great service.

Our waiter was called Kurt and he was fantastic.

We plan on going back to Jamaica in the next couple of years, Ivans is definitely one we will be going back to!

2  Thank Simon V