“Don't waste time eating at Ivan's” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Ranked #3 of 195 Restaurants in Negril
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't waste time eating at Ivan's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just returned from 5 nights in Negril at the Rockhouse. We decided to eat out after hearing all the great reviews for traditional Jamaican food and decided to try Ivan's on our last night. Let me just say how disappointed we were after having incredible meals then having to suffer through this one! (We ate at 3 Dives, Pushcart, and 3 times at Presley's!) I ordered the kingfish, which was just barely edible compared to all the great snapper I had earlier in the week at Presley's. My husband had curried conch which was completely unforgettable. Add that to lackluster service and a high bill--no thanks, Ivan!!! We will stick with the freshest and friendliest chef in town, Presley!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank missypen

Aurora, Canada
“Romance Jamaican Style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

As far as a romantic place for dinner, this was my favorite in Negril. It has the perfect combination of ambiance, luxury and great food/service for a night with your special person.

They even pour a nice strong drink if your date isn't exactly Jennifer Aniston.

Can't go wrong with this place - just tell them Scooter sent you.

S.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Scooter M
Jamaica
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Food is pretty awesome, great ambiance, staff is friendly, i had a nice romantic candle light dinner under the stars with my boyfriend. I had shrimp in coconut sauce for US$20 and it pretty good. Serving was huge.....i couldn't eat it all....cheapest entree is like US$16 or US$19 thereabout and that's not bad at all. Most expensive one was for about US$35 (don't quote me, trying my best to remember what i saw on the menu). Would recommend this place to anyone who wants a nice quiet get a way to relax and have good food.

Los Angeles, California
“Best restaurant in the Caribbean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing! The food is so delicious, we couldn't stay away. My husband and I were delighted with our plantain wrapped shrimp, pumpkin soup, chicken curry, chicken penne pasta, and desserts!
Every bite was excellent and we wish we would have had room for more. This restaurant is a must do if you are in Jamaica! We had 2 romantic dinners here and can't think of any restaurant in the Caribbean that comes close to it.
We paid a taxi $20 US dollars for a round trip to Ivan's and it was worth it!

1 Thank CAbeachlovers
Westminster, Maryland
“Everything was perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed next to Catcha at Tensing Pen so it was a short walk to Ivan’s. I heard so much about the food and service at Ivan’s that we had to try it. I emailed them and made reservations ahead of time. We arrived 10-15 minutes early and had a drink at Ivan’s bar. The bar area was very nice and the bartender was extremely professional. We made our way to our table and the view was outstanding (although the skies were cloudy). We ordered the trio app, jerk chicken, crabcakes and jerk shrimp. Before the app came out our server brought us pumpkin soup free of charge. The soup was amazing. Next the app came out and it was very good as well. Now on to the main event. I ordered the jerk snapper with “hot hot hot” jerk sauce. My wife ordered the seafood pasta. I loved the jerk snapper and the sauce was delicious. My wife enjoyed her seafood pasta as well. She added some of my jerk sauce to her seafood pasta and she recommends this as a nice add. Overall we had a great time. Our server was great, food unbelievable and the view amazing.

1 Thank flyinburrito