“Great!!!!! We loved sips and bites!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sips & Bites
Ranked #26 of 195 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Great!!!!! We loved sips and bites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

my (jamaican) husband and I tried Sips and Bites on a Monday, we went back Tuesday and Wednesday :) the food was, in our opinion, awesome authentic jamaican cusine... the prices were some of the lowest in the area, and the service was the best we've had on the island....

doreen was a complete sweetie, and remembered us and our order when we returned the next day, making sure that we got the pumpkin that they were out of the day before :) among all the other little things that show that they really go out of their way to appreciate their customers.... we just adored her and this place...

my husband had the stew beef, i had the brown stew chicken, extra gravy :) i regret not trying other menu items but the stews were just too good.. served with rice and peas, festival, yam (and pumpkin when they had it).... our meals never came to more than 1000J (12US) and we left very full and satisfied each time....

my husband tells me he's still craving this food :)

6 Thank Chell00

Calgary
“Best Value We Found in Negril”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2009

Excellent food and service. We ate there twice in our six days there and it was our favorite. Not a huge menu but everything was excellent. Loved the curried goat and my wife is still talking about the brown stew chicken. There are many great restaurants in the west end (or all of Negril for that matter) , we tried LTU, Bourbon Beach, Alice's, 3 dives and Xtabi all were great in their own way.

Sips and Bites was our clear overall favorite and at very reasonable prices.

2 Thank tsdCalgary
philadelphia
“great prices and solid food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

The combination of price and food quality is hard to beat. Sort of a rough setting but good food.

1 Thank luxhill
Alberta
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2009

This place was on my list after reading the reviews but my experience was much different from the wonderful reviews. Maybe because I actually know what Jamaican food should taste like, why I can say there were equally and even better food along this strip of road. The service was reluctant and while the prices were reasonable, the rate of exchange the use at this restaurant is close to high way robbery! And by the way, don't go there on a Saturday - they are closed for church.

NY
“Nice Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

I have eaten here many many times. Over the course of living here for 9 months and next door to them for 3 months they came through great in a clutch.

If you don't feel like making yourself breakfast (we would normally cook the same thing we buy from them) then it is convenient.

Unfortunately I can cook the same amount of food for half the price. So you you pay for the convenience. If it's slow, the food tastes different, so go on a busy day. Also, they are closed saturdays. Oh well........

If you're staying at Rockhouse or near by, I suggest giving it a try.