“Bourbon is the best”

Bourbon Beach Jamaica
Ranked #37 of 208 Restaurants in Negril
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hotel, Bar & Restaurant where you can relax, enjoy one of the best sunsets in the world, have an ice cold drink & listen to some great music 7 nights a week, all on the beach! (Monday, Thursday & Saturday are live reggae and we have a DJ the other 4 nights playing a variety of music)
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Simply put i have traveled to Negril many times and hung out at all the spots along the beach. I travel solo even though I have friends there but never the less im solo. Bourbon beach is a safe friendly always welcoming place to be. The beach is awesome where everyone was willing to look out for me, get me a lounge to lay on and enjoy a stress free time. You lay in the sun eat great food and be around the friendliest local jamaicans and jamericans around! Meeting people from all over the world who know this is a great place to be also. No matter if its a live band, fire eaters or a dj you can hang here and have cold drinks and great food. When in negril Bourbon beach is a must!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I've visited Bourbon Beach on many occasion.a definite place to stop on a visit to Negril. During the day layout by the beach or meet many wonderful people at the beach bar. Staff very friendly and music is awesome. The shows they put on are with we'll known artists or upcoming singers.Best 2 for 1 rum punch on the beach! Lookin forward to my next visit there for the best chicken in town.

Eric H, Manager at Bourbon Beach Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent visit. We are all happy to see that you had such a good time and we look forward to seeing you gain soon

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My friend and I stayed at Legends in Negril. We ended up at Bourbon Beach for lunch, dinner, drinks and awesome live music! The Bourbon beach had great management, awesome bartenders and we loved the live music and bonfires. We saw Pinky Dread 2 nights and DJ Ali played there a lot. We walked up and down the beach but always came back for the best jerk chicken on the beach, the best bartenders and the best music...not to forget the most beautiful sunset in the world. If you want to be IN Jamaica and experience the charm of the island, the reggae, the Rasta and the graciousness of the people, go here. If you want more obnoxious Americans, go to Sandals. I have been to both, I hate resorts. I love authentic. Can't wait to go back! hear Bourbon beach and Negril!

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate that you stopped by and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Very nice place even when there is no concert to have conversation, a drink and listen to music. We went when there was no concert and had drinks late night on the beach, very, very nice. Jerk Chicken is great also.

Eric H, Manager at Bourbon Beach Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are happy to see that you had a good time

Reviewed 4 August 2013

First off, I have never eaten here so as far as the restaurant goes I have no idea.
I have been in Jamaica including Negril numerous times and have witnessed the demise of Bourbon as a place to hang. I think it's some sort of new management there now, if any.. I'll start with beach hang out. There are just too many hustlers allowed on the premisses. I don't mind the hustling all that much, they're making a living. But when thet are allowed to use it as a hang out spot the vibe gets sour. It's loud cussing and screaming, not a place to bring your kids or your fainhearted grandma! There are tons of more friendly places to stay..
The shows.. Where do I begin?? The thursday shows used to be an intimate affair on a much smaller stage but for some reason it has now been moved to the big stage. The sound is way to loud, forget talking. I suggest bringing a pad and pen for communication.. The big stage is just too big for local artists trying to get their name out. I really do miss the smaller one, it was super nice and a sort of connection between the artists and the guests. The big shows are fair enough, although i do think it's too loud even for the big artists. It has some great potential, but the way things are going I suspect it's all downhill from here. I will not return unless the vibe picks up. Oh, and whatch out for fights. They can break out anytime. I suggest hiring a security guy that actually knows security. The last guy I saw just sat there laughing when a fight was building up.

2  Thank Helena H

We thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visit to Bourbon Beach. Comments like yours help to give us more insight into what our guests think about our venue. I will discuss your issues with our staff. Again, thank you very much for your comments