“Great spot.”

Hungry Lion
Ranked #75 of 194 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: closed for the slow season
Kingston, Jamaica
“Great spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

As a a foodie, I'm always in search of new restaurants to dine at. Hungry Lion passed my test. Dishes were affordably priced and so were drinks. I didn't mind that we had the entire restaurant to ourselves that night. I thought of it as an opportunity to see how well service would flow.Our server was attentive and recommended I tried the lobster over the shrimp. I wasn't disappointed at all. Portion size and flavour were definitely to my liking. My friend had the coconut snapper which I tried, that was tasty as well. There are lounge areas and open air areas, so there are options for where you'd like to dine. I loved the atmosphere and the music played. I would recommend the Hungry Lion to anyone eager for a new dining experience in Negril.

• Visited January 2013

Janesville, Wisconsin
“Romantic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Hungry Lion has an area where you either eat under a roof or open air. My wife and I opted for open air and picked a night where we had the place all to ourselves. How romantic and beautiful. Saw the sunset and had great food. I loved the lemongrass red snapper and my wife enjoyed the brown stewed chicken. The dessert, however - cinnamon baked banana with ice cream - might well have been the best dessert I have ever eaten ANYWHERE! Great meal. A little pricey, but very much worth it.

Visited January 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Best meal this trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Don't know why we had never been to Hungry Lion. Now that we have we will definitely return.
They offer hotel pickup.

We had the best pumpkin soup that we both agreed was the best we'd ever had anywhere.
Our main dishes were the coconut snapper and jerk fish in foil. We are still debating who ordered the better.

An absolutely beautiful restaurant

• Visited January 2013
Paterson, New Jersey
“Nice Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very nice romantic atmosphere. Dimly lit with candles. We were served a complimentary cream of pumpkin soup which was delicious. The food was very natural (not heavily seasoned), and the portion size was not very big. It was a little expensive compared to other local eats, however other cheaper restaurants will be a little more rustic.

Visited August 2012
Greensboro, NC
“Hungry Lion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Hungry Lion has one of the best atmospheres on the West End. The open air, second floor seating is cozy, cool and inviting. Love getting the big table with the sofa on one side, although it's hard not to take a little nap after an always fantastic meal! he fresh juices (watermelon my personal fav) can't be beat. Here you will experience Jamaican inspired food presented like a 5 star restaurant without the 5 star prices. The lounge on the first floor is other worldly and feels like an underground beatnik bar where all the cool people hang. Hungry Lion is always on my list of places to eat when I come to Negril.

Visited January 2013