“accomodations , just about incredible after months of torture ..”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mi Yard

Mi Yard
Ranked #119 of 194 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
smokinggun0759
“accomodations , just about incredible after months of torture ..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I had not checked out rooms there and stayed in other places yards in negril. One night after i was in someones yard tortured with no water running or other, and being battered emotionaly i checked this out when at the resturaunt. I asked for top room and always wondered about the rooms i would see when i passed through. amazing. high ceiling fan all working and running water and inside bathroom not shared . peaceful. great atmosphere and reasonable. To bad i had not known or asked three months earlier and not suffer so much. the houses are wood and block and simple and basic tv, double bed and airy. JUst what i wanted , and not to far from either way west end or beach road. right next to fisher beach. i dont know if some have kitchen. the Mi Yard bar is open all night day.. for cheap food. music. will go back next time if i go back to negril.. defiinately . as aposed to a hostel near by what i got was alot more and better privacy.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank smokinggun0759

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Great place and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

We really enjoyed hanging out at Mi Yard, really relaxed place and great food especially after a drink or two. We ate and chilled and watched people come and go. Great spot!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Josephine R
San Francisco, CA
“I cannot recommend Mi Yard”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

I wrote a more detailed account of why I cannot recommend Mi Yard's restaurant, but unfortunately, my post never came through. So I may necessarily be a bit vague. However, because it was recommended by Lonely Planet, and because we went out of our way to eat at Mi Yard, I do wish to let people who may consider similarly going out of their way to eat at Mi Yard know that we (my husband and I) had a bad experience at this establishment.

We had very poor and inattentive/absentee service, very limited food options, very poor food when it did come, and a very long wait time in addition to all of this. Additionally, the ambiance was poor in that the restaurant was otherwise vacant beyond us for the hour plus that we were there.

Therefore, I cannot recommend eating at Mi Yard. Sorry. I see many other people have enjoyed eating here. We did not have a similar experience when we ate here. In fact, it was a very, very poor experience ranking as one of the most memorably poor experiences ever for me in all of my travels abroad. My husband agrees whole-heartedly, and it has been long part of our memory of being in Negril: that particular time at that particular restaurant that become iconic to us in how memorably unpleasant it was. This was not because it was a budget restaurant; we had fantastic budget food throughout Negril from patty shacks to jerk chicken stands to other roadside restaurants, in addition to some midrange spots (some of which were good and others which were overrated). Negril is filled with delicious, cheap, and widely available food in general. Mi Yard did not reflect this epicurean streak of Negril whatsoever to us.

My apologies for the lack of specifics, but I am not sure where my first review of Mi Yard's restaurant went astray so I'm being intentionally a bit vague. The long and the short of it is that, as someone who has traveled through Negril and throughout the world, I would not recommend Mi Yard's restaurant whatsoever to anyone (perhaps other than to those staying at the facilities there; it did seem to me to at least be hygienic and it was budget fare).

• Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Every ting Irie at MiYard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Great place to hang and relax with a red stripe, listen to great music and eat some wonderful food. Respect to Delroy and his staff as they provide a relaxing time at Mi Yard.

Get away from your hotels and visit this wonderful place.

• Visited March 2012
Moose Jaw, Canada
“Best egg/cheese sandwich on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

make sure you stop at Mi Yard in west end Negril for some GREAT food and relaxed vibes...best egg and cheese sandwich on the island!!! Also try the Festival, Bammy, fried Breadfruit and Saltfish! this place offers great prices on delicious food and drinks...staff are so friendly and the view from this place is breathtaking....always some wonderful locals to chat with too. open 24 hours every day of the week, perfect stop for something to eat after clubbing all night too..we love this place so much we will stop here two or three times a day!!

• Visited February 2013