“So much more than I expected!”

Ras Rody's Roadside Organic
Ranked #15 of 194 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Bellbrook, Ohio
“So much more than I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

It was the last day of my trip and I decided to get Ras Rody's for lunch because it got good reviews and I didn't want another burger. When I was getting the run down of the food being offered that day, I was thinking I would have to choose one item, but the chef said he would give me some of each. He served me up four different stews over rice and a side of pumpkin soup. It was all so delicious and I wished I had eaten there thoughout my trip! I think it was around seven or eight dollars and totally worth it.

• Visited February 2014

Wilson, Wyoming
“Ital is vital”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

So good. peanut soup, festival and ackee. Rody and his family do it right. Great food from friendly people... much respect. Can't wait to return. Perfect stop along the west end road.

• Visited November 2013
Racine, Wisconsin
“Good enough to convert a carnivore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had lunch here after much convincing by myself that DH should give it a try. He did and totally loved it! We were the only customers at the time, so we were able to enjoy great conversation and had Shadrock's complete attention while we ate our delicious soup appetizer and combo plates!

I have to admit, TVP (ask him about it) doesn't sound like something you eat, but you would never guess that it is vegan!

We are not vegetarians, but if Shad could come to our home and cook for us like this, we would convert in no time!

The soup appetizer was $1.50US per cup and the combo plate (callaloo, pumpkin stew, TVP, and cucumber okra stew all served over rice and beans) was $7US. Very filling, an excellent value and so so good!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank rd9
Amherst, MA
“Inspired veggie food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Super food -- A very small stand on the road, that has just great vegetarian food. It was recommended by several people who said go there for 'real' Jamaican food. We were not disappointed...

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank wmariev
Medford Lakes, New Jersey
“Respect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This review is long overdue, as we frequented Ras Rody multiple times during our 2011 and 2012 trips to Jamaica. We actually returned to Tensing Pen in part because we didn't want to miss out on this delicious, inspired, fresh vegan food. We came back for breakfast and lunch multiple times, preferring Ras Rody's cuisine to Tensing Pen's by far! I came home and tried to recreate everything he served. Ras Rody grows what he serves on his farm, so the food is just bursting with flavor and a ridiculous value. As an added bonus, he is kind enough to share his philosophy and life experiences, and communicates peace and well being. He really has his priorities in place and he and his family are an absolute pleasure. We will definitely be back!!!

• Visited September 2013