Negril Escape Resort & Spa(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$207
Hotels.com
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$167
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Xtabi Resort(Negril)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe salt water pooljuju toursstayed longerred stripeapartmentrichieretreatunitspropertyrelaxationprivacyaccommodationssnorkelingjamaicacliffs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The pictures and reviews simply can’t show you how amazing this place is! The property is like some sort of Private heaven! Angie and her friends were above and beyond! We felt very comfortable so much in fact we already booked our next visit!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I mean this from the bottom of my heart…where do I start??? We stayed 05/26/18-05/31/18 and we rented the entire guesthouse (4 apartments) for our party of seven. Somewhere West exceeded our expectations in every way, every day.

Upon arrival to Montego Bay, 5 out of 7 of us were picked up by a driver with Juju Tours and transported to SW. The last 2 of our group came in later in the evening, after a delayed flight, and I have to say that Angi and the SW staff handled it so well. Our friends were in a new country, my phone was lagging in receiving texts, and it was very late by the time everything was figured out….I so appreciated we were able to lean on our hosts to get our friends to SW safely.

When the 5 of us arrived at SW earlier that day and made our way down to Nourine’s Kitchen we were greeted by Dan (the chef) and Mary (the bartender)….what a lovely couple!! So warm and welcoming from the moment we met them <3 It didn’t take long for Dan and Mary to win a special place in my heart with their amazing cocktails and delicious food. Mary will WOW your taste buds with her turmeric lemongrass margaritas and passionfruit margaritas! Dan is truly an artist. I can honestly say I have NEVER ate so many meals from one chef, serving family style (meeting needs of 7 people), and loooooved everything served. Dan is an extremely gifted chef. I had a quick chat with him the first day we arrived and pretty much just let him surprise us at every meal...BBQ Jerk Chicken, Ahi Tuna, Pineapple BBQ Chicken Wings, Coconut Shrimp, Fried Breadfruit, Sweet Potato Mash, Coconut Rice & Beans, Chocolate Banana French Toast, Banana Crumb Muffins, Jamaican Breakfast Pizza...the list goes on. My mouth is watering thinking about it!

During our stay we took advantage of Juju Tours, Juju Charity project, and some local connections Angi had…we did seaside yoga one morning with Jo, went to Roaring River and Blue Hole Mineral Spring, visited the children at Broughton All Ages School, brought gifts to the pediatric wing of Sav-La-Mar hospital, and spent a day ATVing and ziplining.

The rooms are all well-appointed and tastefully decorated. We had cold AC every night and warm showers every day. WiFi was hit or miss but I didn’t care to be connected 24/7.

Adrian, O’Neil, and Ritchie were AWESOME in providing transportation and tour guidance. Every single person we encountered at the SW property was the definition of “irie”. I fell in love with Jamaica because of the staff at SW.

All in all, for a family of four with all the tours, food, drinks, and transportation the pricing was unbelievably reasonable. I would never go AI at a resort now that I know places like SW exist….actually I may never go anywhere but SW again ;-)

Thank you Angi and the Somewhere West family for making our vacation the trip of a lifetime…we can’t wait to come back! One Love!

Room Tip: "all rooms have 2 AC units except Indigo Sky" "Indigo Sky has the best view to wake up to"
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank kandice292
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Booked this property using AirBnB (May 2016) and it was our first-time using AirBnB so we were extremely nervous about how it would turn out. Angela was a wonderful host and was able to put all of my anxiety to rest. The property looked just liked the pictures and was clean upon arrival. Everyone on-site was friendly and we made friends with the group staying in the apartment next door. We loved the hammocks and just the privacy of the whole property! We utilized the option to have meals prepared for us. Once the pool was filled, it was a joy to swim in. Overall, we had an amazing time. It was so great that we didn't want to leave. If possible, we would have cancelled our trip to Ocho Rios and stayed in Negril longer. Definitely planning to visit Negril again soon and will be requesting the Starina apartment.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We had our 7-day company retreat at Somewhere West and had an excellent time. There was lots of room for us 8 individuals with private rooms for a few of us. Everything was clean and tidy and they always made sure we had towels. There were a few hiccups (a broken lock here, no hot water there, etc) but it was remedied quickly and was hardly an inconvenience at all. I appreciated our host's effort to have the telecom company come fix the internet. In the end we only had internet for the last night, but despite that we were still able to get lots of work done and have an amazing retreat. The photos of this place don't do it justice. It has to be experienced to be truly appreciated. Our host arranged rides into town and to restaurants for us which was super convenient. Chef Dan at the on-site restaurant made incredible meals breakfast, lunch, and dinner. One thing to be aware of is that the ocean access is dependent on the weather. The ocean was rough all week so only a few of us dared to snorkel in front of Somewhere West one day when it was calmer. We did arrange a short ride elsewhere to snorkel though. I highly recommend Somewhere West if you're looking for a private getaway for a small group. I would happily return!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

A wonderful place to stay. The staff was very amenable and pleasant. The food was fresh and flavorful. You can definitely tell they take pride in their work. The pool is saltwater which is really great and I saw it being cleaned every morning. Transportation can be arranged for a reasonable fee(I spoke to friends who prayed a lot more than me when the visited Jamaica) so try to arrange transportation directly with the hotel. The rooms were extremely clean and the linens were fresh. I stayed for four nights and wish I could have stayed longer. Will definitely be visiting agian.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends