“Alice's is closed”
Review of Alices Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

Alices Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Alices bar and restaurant is close and has been for a while from what I have heard. But as of May 27 2013 I know that is is not open or does it look like it will be reopening any time soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

On the night we visited all the above was unavailable, however, our table enjoyed the curried conch, jerk chicken, grilled shrimp & garlic butter shrimp, all came with rice & beans & sliced vegetables. We had 5 cold beers & a mixer, cost $J 6250, The food was good not fabulous, but the waiter Michael made the evening, having the opportunity to talk to a local makes all the difference. We compared life in Jamaica & Australia, sport, weather, & different cultures.An evening like that can't be measured in $'s. Going in May is not the 'high' season so you don't expect,or at least we didn't expect to get a full menu.

1  Thank foreverdreamin
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Really good food but the price was too similar to what we paid in the hotel. Service was slow, beer was not very cold. Chicken curry was great though

Reviewed 17 January 2011

My wife and I spent 8 fabulous days in Negril, and Alices was a highlight. I wish we had eaten there more than once, I had a shrimp dish and the mrs had lobster, fabulous!! the spicy shrimp dish i had was just beginning to sear my tongue when i realised it was all gone!! Her lobster, i had a taste of and watched in awe as she swooned over it, too good to describe! If ever we have the chance to return I plan on seriously depleting the menu!

1  Thank Billmnkysx
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Food, drink and great local company-Alice's Restaurant!!!! Ask Judy for some jerk sauce to take home for a souveneir. The Rum drinks are unreal..as are the fruit concoctions, including the Cucumber Juice with Ginger. .Jerk Chicken fresh off the grill and you CAN HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANT.... even brownies, etc. Talk to the DJ, he'll set you up nice mon.
Red Stripes at a nice price. A pleasant whiff of the local herbals floats by your nose as you feast on the finest local food you can ask for mon. Reggae music slowly cascades from the DJ's sound system while the Jerk Chicken tempts your senses. Stop by anytime and you can have anything! Right across From Tensing Pen on the West End. Have the DJ make you a CD for a souvenier too!

2  Thank Tiredtravel