“Hilly golfing”

Negril Hills Golf Club
Ranked #26 of 49 Outdoor Activities in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Hilly course with a beautifully landscaped green, offering a very challenging shot at the ninth hole.
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hilly golfing”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The golf course offers a challenge with great golf greens. Very expensive and the manditory caddy expects that each golfer pays a min. of $15.00 tip. We had 5 golfers with 2 caddy's. With the expense of the golf itself...... I thought the word tip was an option not an additional expense.

1 Thank Sue K

Bella Vista, Arkansas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Only course in Negril”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The course is short and hilly. The fairways are good; not great. Bunkers go between hard pack to really nice. Greens slow but fair. The $40 Adams club rentals are in fair condition. Played in 2 hours by myself. It is your typical municipal course at 3X the muni price.

That stated, I had a wonderful time! Megan, my cadie, was VERY knowledgeable about the course and golf in general. She also took time to answer my questions about the fruit trees and flowers that are on the course. The views were nice. The beverage cart girl was sang for a bit as she drove around. It was not distracting.

The course would only get a 3. But the total experience gets a 4. It was a wonderful change from a week at the beach! I would go back, but this time take my own clubs.

P.S. As another reviewer mentioned, bring your extra golf towels. They would make a nice gift to your caddy.

3 Thank Slyclone
Pefferlaw Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Caddy shack”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This course was real nice. Looking at the hills.Sheldon are CADDY was a real greens reader..3 birdies on his line.Thanks Seldon Geoff and Rob.

montreal
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Not the Best Course in Jamaica”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

It's a fun course to play as there are lots of rolls (as the name suggests) however there are no coastal views and the course itself is just a bit better than average. That said it's not as costly as some of the more upscale alternatives on the island. Worth playing once if you're staying in Negril.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank jamaicasteve
Northwestern Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Enjoyable course for novice and experienced golfer”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My husband and I golfed at Negril Hills as part of the package at Couples Swept Away. Green fees were covered but we paid for a mandatory caddy, cart, and beverages and tips. Both of us brought our own clubs. I'm a novice golfer and thoroughly enjoyed the five mornings we spent golfing because of the relaxed atmosphere. Our caddy, Megan, was wonderful and knew every inch of the course. My husband found the course challenging but the par fives short. There were a few maintenance issues such as water on edges of the greens and large rocks in the bunkers (hence the four out of five). Fairways were well-maintained but pretty narrow so accuracy is a must. A cart is not necessary, but with the heat (30 C or so) and the hills, walking would be a tough slog. We thought the scenery was beautiful and it was a great way to spend part of the day.

A note on the caddies - we bought beverages throughout the day for ours which was very much appreciated. And we brought a few snacks. A nice gift/tip might also be golf towels - some of them looked like they could use replacing.

Overall, it was a very nice course. If you are used to a fancy country club Negril Hills might disappoint you. But if you are looking to relax and play a few rounds while on vacation I highly recommend it.

Visited January 2012