“I had a great time, looking forward to going back.”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I enjoyed the Nut Tree it's in between everything, and the staff was great. I went to relax and do whatever whenever, and that's what I did. But my nieces had a different agenda, which was to stay busy and party. The Nut Tree is near or in the middle of everything, all you have to do is ask.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Treehouse is run by Gail Jackson very well, for a beach resort. I am more in favor of staying up on the Cliffs past the beach, but Treehouse is one of the better ones on the beach, with more of a Jamaican feel than some of the other all-inclusives. Right in the middle of 7-mile Beach, you can walk either way to experience life on the beach in Negril. The rooms at Treehouse vary according to what you need from spartan rooms, to large suites, and usually at really good prices. Make sure and take a taxi up the cliffs for sunset at Rock House or CatchaFalling Star, or go all the way to Ricks and watch the touristy cliff divers. Ricks is a little loud and boisterous for me---I will stick with Rock House.

Room Tip: Money talks---ask for the best room up front.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dustmon
Reviewed 2 June 2011

When my family and friends decided to go to Jamaica for the Memorial Day weekend, there was absolutely NO hesitation about where we were going to be staying... and that is always Negril Tree House Resort. My Mom and her friends have been coming here for over 25 years and I have visited here at least 6 times in my life. Every single time we get out of that van in front of the hotel, we feel like we have arrived at HOME!! We always see the same familiar faces and it warms our hearts to be here every time! My favorite time of day is BREAKFAST TIME when we all go to the complimentary buffet breakfast that has most of your necessary b-fast items: cold cereal, eggs and waffles to order, breads and different Jamaican breakfast dishes every day... and not to forget my favorite.. fried dumplings and blue mountain coffee!! My belly is full every time!! From that time on you decide what your day will be like.. sunbathing and swimming on the most beautiful beach in Jamaica, or taking part in watersports, or maybe catching a taxi to town do some shopping! Whatever you need, the staff there is always accomodating! My family, with the help of Cynthia and the wonderful staff, managed to organize a surprise birthday dinner for me during our trip! The upstairs dining room was decorated with an beautiful table setting w/ buffet dinner topped off with a delicious cake all for me!! I was pleasantly surprised! Special shout out to the amazing cooks Pearlanna and Allan who made a delicious meal and Elrick and Chayquan for your excellent service !Applause to the owner Gail Jackson who has managed to keep this "gem on the 7 Mile Beach" going strong for all these years! I am proud to be part of the Tree House guest family!! If you are looking for some uber-fancy expensive resort where they hand you everything on a silver platter this is not the place for you! But if you are looking for a true Jamaican experience with comfortable and clean accomodations and great service and hospitality, then call Negril Tree House Resort and book your room today!! You will not regret it! Don't wait too long to book, because rooms go fast in the summertime!! See you there!! :)

Room Tip: Suite C&D are best!! All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank caramelblondie28
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My wife and I usually go to 5 star all inclusive resorts for our carribean vacations. THis was our first trip to Jamaica. My wife won a 3 night stay at the Tree house so we spent 3 days there then went to the Riu Palace Tropical Bay.

We actually enjoyed the Tree House more than the Riu Palace. We were in Room C which is a suite facing the ocean. Nothing like walking out your front door onto the beach. We are beach people as opposed to pool people and this beach ranks a 10+. No seaweed, wonderful sand, calm and clear water. A few tropical fish swim by every once in a while which simply adds to the experience.

THere are a few places to eat in the area. We had lunch and dinner at the Tree House and the food is pretty good. To the left is another litlle restaurant on the beach called the Country something or other and We had one of the best meals we have ever eaten anywhere in the world there. 200 yards down the beach is Margaritaviile if you want a burger.

If you want to see the area there is a local cab driver that waits in front of the Tree House on the road. His name is Owen. He took us to a local eatery called Sweet Spice that was very good. He took us for some homemade icecream at a locals spot in downtown Negril that was great. He also took us to the lighthouse and got us a private tour and then to Ricks. Owen seems to know everyone in town and can show you the real Jamaica.

And that is what you get at the Tree House. More the real Jamaica than we experienced at the Riu Palace. Yes you will be asked by everyone on the beach on day one of your arrival to buy something. By day 2 they back off a bit and you learn how to say no. But each morning Jamaican women walk the beach with fresh fruit balanced on their heads. A local fisherman might stop by and offer lobsters for sale. This is the part we missed at the Riu. This local flavor had real Jamaican charm and once eveyone got to know you there was no hassle.

Yes there are drugs, but it is not like the US where everyone is so up tight about it. Everyone sells it, hell everyone grows it. They do not look down on it and do not judge you if you want to do it or not. They are a very laid back and free people and we loved that about them. So chill, don't worry and get to the Tree House.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Fudge_Group
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We just spent 8 days at the Negril Tree House and it could not have been better. The rooms are simple but elegent and very comfortable. The staff are invisible ( not in the way of the guests ) unless you require some service and then they are completely at your service. They have the best location on 7 mile beach and a breakfast buffet that is superb. My wife has made it clear to me that she won't stay anywhere else, and that's just fine with me.

Room Tip: Try to stay in one of the 6 Villa's.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank psycwb1024
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Returning to Negril Tree House after a year, allowed us to be reminded of what good value the destination offers, a haven for rest and relaxation. At this property, you get a real feel for the true JAMAICA. Kudos to the Operators and staff - TEAM WORK !!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank jamaica07Kingston
Reviewed 16 May 2011

First I will start by saying that my first experience with the Tree House was at the age of 19 after getting dropped off for the day by a bus that I took over from Montego Bay. I fell in love with Negril and the serenity it has, promising myself I would go back some day. It took 7 years for me make it, but I did go back to the Tree House with my fiance. I had contacted the Hotel directly and met a wonderful person named Cynthia, whom we have been in touch with every year for our vacation. This past April we celebrated our 15th visit to the Tree House and have become part of the family. Most of the staff we know have been their for many years and surprisingly some have been their from day 1, which is extremely rare in the hospitality business. We also had the privilege of having our wedding at the hotel, which by the way is fantastic if you want simple, quaint and small. We had 15 people plus some local Jamaican friends and it was great. Sorry for babling so much, getting to the point:

-Hotel is one of the originals on the beach
-locally owned from day 1
- NOT A FOUR SEASONS or BEACHES type property
-best location as far as we are concerned. Close to everything.
-Housekeeping is amazing!!!! Considering beach front, you ladies are great. Big hugs to Dawn- Thanks for everything
-simple decor, Jamaican art in rooms. Could be updated, but certainly acceptable
- very PRIVATE. If you are looking for hustle and bustle, not for you. Nice thing about location is you can always find music and entertainment whenever you want.
- food is great. All West Indian food is fantastic.
- Bar is right on the water- closest on the beach- unique
- special thanks to Moses, Trevor, Cynthia Mrs J and all the staff.
- Don't be afraid to call or e-mail Cynthia if you have questions.

In closing, i can't say enough about our experiences at the Tree House. It is a very simple, genuine and clean place that is NO FRILLS. Do not expect to be pampered all day long as this is a take care of yourself kind of place for the most part. You can always arrange for anything you need. Example, last year we had our 10th anniversary and we spoke with Patrick at the bar and he picked up 15 lobsters for our group, and then arranged for the kitchen to cook them on the grill for us and bring them up to our room. He also set up our table and personally delivered our food which meant he stayed on his own time to help us.

I wish I had the time to say all I would like but Jamaica is great, people are wonderful, history and culture amazing- get out of the hotel and experience some things. I have had my elderly parents with us three times now and they feel safe outside the resort, but as you would at home, ask questions, travel with others and be alert. We have spent many days exploring the island and seeing Jamaica for what is truly is and also sponsor a family who we met many years ago and have watched their son grow up into a young man.

Room we stay in is suite D- Ocean front- best on beach for location and view. Room with kitchen, try 19. Standard room with excellent view- #1

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple