“My Forever Spot In Negril!!!!!”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“My Forever Spot In Negril!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I just returned from the Treehouse on July 2, 2012. I was also there in February and had to return. I adore the Treehouse and everything about it. When I visited in February 2012 I fell in love with this spot. I'm a keep it real person and very picky about where I stay. When I tell you that this is the spot for you in Negril.....please believe me. I can't say enough about this gem. It is on Seven Mile Beach. The rooms are nice and clean. The staff is the best staff in the world. Very friendly, always accommodating and available. The beach is steps from your room. It the the bestest, bluest and most beautifulest beach ever. I love the Treehouse!!!! It is also a hop, skip and a jump from downtown, a 5 minute cab ride. Get the cabs with the red license plates. They are cheaper. Top all this off with a complimentary breakfast buffet daily, American and Jamaican food. Starts the day off properly. :-) There are all sorts of activities available....snorkeling, jet skiing, glass bottom boat ride, massages, etc...and all for a reasonable price. The place is also pleasing to the eyes. Ms. Gail has also updated the grounds, so it's very green and lush and lovely to just walk around. I feel like I'm in the Garden of Eden. I am already planning my next trip to the Treehouse. When I am in Negril, the Treehouse is home and that's exactly how they make you feel. Believe me when I say, you won't be disappointed. Valdean, Stacy, Maurice, Leon, Bruce, Germaine, Shenelle, Charmaine, Orane, Ned, Kay, Allan, Jacsinth, Shay, and all the rest of the greatest group of people in Jamaica, WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!! You're gonna love this place. I do :-)!!!!!

Room Tip: I love room 54. It is near the back, close to the road but it's bigger than room 13. Even thou...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank PDSROYALTY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Finnish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Having had the Treehouse recomended by several close friends our expectations were high (as well as months on Trip Advisor).Those expectations were surpassed by the property, staff and food.The property was simply put AWESOME!!! the website does not do it justice, The groundkeeping staff was constantly at work maintaining the grounds but always had time to say hello or answer any questions we had. the housekeeping staff (especially Jewel) did an outstanding job of cleaning the room daily while we were on the beach. The front desk was always helpful with any questions we had. The restaurant staff was amazing! My wife and I both manage restaurants in New Orleans and I will admit have high standards of what to expect from waiters, bartenders etc Jaycnthia made every breakfast and lunch something to remember (Kiesha and Maurice were great as well) and Eric truly blew us away every night for dinner. The bar staff was professional and fun; Patrick was great and the day bartender (I feel guilty that I have forgotten his name)made every afternoon one to rememeber. Chef Allen is as great a chef as he is an entertainer- we can't wait until January when we return with friends and can cook for the staff! by the end of a week we felt like we were friends with all those mentioned as well as Moses and the other security guards. I can't say enough great things about the Treehouse except we hope to meet Ms Jackson, the owner, next time to let her know what an awesome team/property she has. Be sure and get a couples beach massage; those ladies are fantastic and it is a great experience. The nightly specials are a good bet every one we had was excellent in fact the pan sauteed snapper was one of the best I have ever had.All of this on top of the fact that the Treehouse is located in the middle of the best beach I have ever seen in the world; makes for a place I hope to be able to go to for many years to come. The only thing that could use improvement was the towels, but will bring my own in January!

Room Tip: room4-6 are great
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BROADMOORGUY
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed 2 July 2012

First trip to Jamaica to celebrate my birthday and it was picture perfect. Tree House has the best staff hands down. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the view from the dining area was breathtaking. Bruce and Jacinth were incredible thanks for all you did to make our vaca wonderful! I can't say enough about this property...location, staff, food, beach, swing and patio furniture outside of room all wonderful. Looking forward to making this my annual birthday vaca spot. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovinthelocs
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was our first time to Jamaica, and we will definitely visit Negril Tree House again. Our sea view room was clean and comfortable; in fact, the whole resort was pretty much picture perfect. The beach was beautiful, and we had no trouble finding beach chairs and umbrellas each day. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, and we loved the restaurant, too.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank mcgoo22
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Spent a relaxing few days at Treehouse. Accomodations are average ..kingsized bed, tiny sitting area, larger basic bathroom. Limited toiletries (packets of toothpaste with soap,body wash in dispensers)). Dated furniture, bathtub etc. very clean. Grounds are well kept and common areas constantly swept, mopped etc. Breakfast is okay consisting of Jamaican fare in addition to eggs, waffles, pastries, OJ, coffee and tea. Meals at small beachfront restaurant can be a bit pricey ranging from 16us to 24 $US for some dinner specials. Can order sandwiches, hamburgers etc for a little less. Drinks at bar are not the best! Great place for sea lovers; not much else to do. Tour prices are pricey too and are quoted per person 1way. Cheapest fare is within a 3 mile or so distance for 6-8 dollars 1 way. Monetary exchange at Scotia Bank or the Cambio in town a few dollars more than at the resort. Take a local taxi out the street (marked by red tags) for $100 JA per person each way to town. Great tasting, reasonably priced local foos at the
Corner Bar in town. There is a Burger King too in town. Cheaper
Beer (Redstripe) cheaper in bars along the beach front $170 to $300 JA.
May want to take your own towels or some fabric softener......go figure

Room Tip: Perhaps one closer to the front......the back rooms are tucked away and may be sometimes darker to a...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ccm1319
Morrisville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2012

i recently went using a livingsocial deal and had the time of my life...I never write reviews but this place was so amazing I just had to come and write one. its an beautiful hotel with an even better beach right out front on the hotel. the staff is beyond satisfactory. they are truly there to help you with anything you need. my one friend for breakfast was upset with they had and she ask a staff member to get her some bacon and with no hesitation he went and got her some bacon with no extra charge. they are very helpful when your trying to find things to do for the night or what tourists spots are the best. the room are a nice size and spotless. negril has to be one of the safest spots in jamaica because not once did i not feel safe off the resort and i was off the resort alot. we went off the resort to eat because one it was cheaper and two the food in my opinion was better...if you go you have to try this place called sweet spice and comos..im telling the food is excellent...(sweet spice the service was bad but food made up for it)

honestly i have nothing bad to say about this place except if you travel here bring an extra 100 to 150 in just tipping money because everything you do or get they expect tip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We made last minute reservations during high season and took any room available... even so, the room was charming, clean and the bed was comfy...we were very near the back of the resort so the main road was only a fence away but the noise was never disturbing. The beach area is large enough for the high season crowd and the beach attendent was super helpful. I love that the beach bar & dining is located on the waters edge. So nice to sit and sip a cocktail and people watch from this vantage point... beautiful. They serve Asian cuisine at the bar and I got addicted to the hot and sour soup with seafood! Breakfast buffet is included in the price of the room... and it was authenticly Jamaican... and the balcony dining offers yet another stunning view...what a way to start your day! There is a Guy cooking jerk chicken and such for lunch right on the beach... delicious. Situated near Margaritaville for reliable night life... this is good since beach walking at night gives you a sketchy feel... take a cab if you are going farther at night. The staff in all positions were friendly. This is Negril and this is not the Ritz but if you have chosen Negril and want a home base that will not disappoint, I wouldn't think twice about staying with the nice folks at The Negril Tree House!

• Stayed February 2012