“A real Jamaican experience”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Worcester, Massachusetts
“A real Jamaican experience”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed at the Tree House Resort from August 14-20th and had a real rustic, Jamaican experience. We had stayed at Couples Swept Away back in December and did not like the resort. The Tree House Resort was much more our style. We arrived and luggage was carried up to our room. We had an ocean view room and our view was perfect. I loved the swing and outside tables. It was very buggy but we were prepared and brought a citronella candle and bug spray. The room was quaint but very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. We had an issue with a leaking AC unit in our room and they quickly moved us next door to a room with a working AC. The front desk staff was very courteous to our needs. My fiance proposed to me the first night we were there at sunset and when we wanted to call back home, the front desk staff helped me download a free app so I could call my parents.

Breakfast was great...real Jamaican food.

Through the resort, we went snorkeling for $20 per person and we were out for over two hours. They take you to this beautiful island and you can eat and hang out there. We also went to Blue Hole mineral springs and on a horseback ride through the mountain. Rasta Trevor will take you anywhere and will help you with anything you need. He is the man! Irie!
Do yourself a favor and go to Ossie's Jerk Hut...across the main road on the left hand side. Best Jerk Chicken in the world. On the beach, if you are looking at the beach, walk to the right of the resort and find Aunty's Patty Shack for cheap beef and chicken patties (they are AMAZING). We had a $6 lunch for two almost every day. $2 for each patty and $2 for cocoa bread. Get there early because they go QUICK! Early...like 10 am. We also went to Ivan's which is a fancy restaurant on the cliffs at Catcha Falling Star. The resort will actually provide a free ride to the resort and you pay for the taxi on the way home. We went here for our special engagement dinner.
I am just so in love with the island, this resort, the people--it was one amazing vacation. We are considering coming back to the Tree House Resort for a destination wedding with all of our friends and family. Can't wait to book the next one.

5 Thank Sara J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is right on Negril's 7 mile beach. The beach is the biggest selling point! The rooms are comfortable and clean. Its an above moderate property. Very family friendly! Maybe the air conditioners could work a bit better. It's very laid back environment. Breakfast is included and its both yummy and substantial offering both Jamaican dishes and traditional breakfast food. But, the staff was so great! Janice at the front desk, Mr Trevor the driver, Shay the waiter made it even more special!! My only criticism ? Getting hit with unanticipated occupancy tax charge that was more then the daily rate we paid (groupon) Ouch! So, definitely the hotel needs dollar amount to be clear and upfront in the confirmation email and NOT a "gotcha" at checkin/arrival. I would go again and I would reccomend the Treehouse.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Mytruestory
Windsor Mill
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I so love this place, this was one of the best vacation I had. I enjoyed this place so much. The people was awesome as well as the service was great. Everybody was great, Johnthan was awesome and making sure we were taking care of. We are coming back again next year. I love this place so much. Thank you.

Room Tip: I do think that the beds could have been at least a full size. We had quiet and a peacful rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nlr1130
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Aug 12 - 17 - 13. My lady and I went to Negril Tree House for a week didn't want to leave. We still feel like it a dream. Tree house very quiet a great place to relax and I mean all of that close to everything, clean , friendly staff, food was great love the beach. Make sure you get out and explore the beauty of Jamaica for what it have to offer you. We will becoming back in the future. Thanks millions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank truelove175
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Had a wonderful time at the Negril tree house, service was excellent! Food was good, property is older but clean and well managed. This was my boyfriend and I first time in Jamaica and needless to say we hope to be returning back soon. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. And just like you might have read in previous reviews the locals can be a little aggressive. Oh and if you plan on taking a horseback ride to the beach or mountains only use Chukka as the other person offering them is a scam artist!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I purchased my stay on groupon for me and my boyfriend. It was very nice I had no problem getting there they provided transportation, checking in was no hassel. The staff were very friend and the food was great and there breakfast was delicious. The hotel was very clean an for someone who had never been to negril I felt safe. The only issue I had was ANTS!! they were every where in our room I was always shaking my bags and clothes out and dusting them off of the bed or table and off of myself it was very irratating I understand ants outside or maybe a little of them because of the weather but it was a lot of them!! and that's something that can be fix so not really a big deal... but overall I had a great time and wish I could have stayed longer. And I am a very picky and hard to please type of girl LoL.. but I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank nebiezworld
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 10 August 2013

NTH has been our home away from home from as far back as 1991. Well we have returned to find that Gail and her Staff have retro fitted NTH to offer a pleasing experience. The property is carefully landscapes, the Staff is warm and accommodating, and the Rooms are really clean and comfortable. The property is well managed !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family