This was my fourth stay at the Negril Treehouse, and certainly will not be my last. I visit Jamaica frequently for work and vacation, and have stayed at numerous properties in Negril (on the beach and the West End cliffs) at varying price points. The Treehouse is a centrally located, independently owned property, with good beach space that allows you to relax away from beach traffic. The hotel bar is almost in the water, and offers one of my favorite locations for people watching. But thankfully, unlike some other spots in Negril, there's no "scene" at the bar and hotel security keeps hustlers at a distance (if you want a scene, Margaritaville is only two properties down the beach and The Jungle nightclub is within walking distance). I should also mention that, unlike another place I've reviewed in Negril, the liquor at the bar is actually what's on the label. The hotel owner, Gail, lives on property and is a friendly and welcoming presence. And, as other reviewers have noted, the staff at the Treehouse is fantastic!
The guest rooms are clean, air-conditioned, and comfortable. There is room for some aesthetic improvements in the guestrooms, but they are more than adequate and each time I return to the Treehouse there are new upgrades (e.g. flat screen televisions and iPod/USB charging stations). The restaurant on property has good, reasonably-priced lunch and dinner items. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the great complimentary breakfast offering eggs made-to-order, fresh local fruits, and a variety of traditional Jamaican dishes. Once per week, there is also a festive manager's happy hour with complimentary drinks and tasty snacks.
Overall, the Negril Treehouse is a great value that's far superior to many of the all-inclusive options in a comparable price range. But, more than the value, the friendly, laid back, and inviting atmosphere at the hotel is makes it worth the visit. I definitely recommend it for couples and groups looking to just kick back and relax in Negril without breaking the bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laid-back family friendly property. Fabulous breakfast is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Negril Tree House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Tree House Hotel Negril
- Negril Tree Hotel
- Negril Tree Resort
- Jamaica Tree House Resort
- Negril Tree House Resort Jamaica
- Negril Tree House Jamaica