“Home away from home”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Great hotel, great staff, super clean, and it seems that we were the only people who were there for the fist time - guest keep coming back. We had a nice complimentary Thanksgiving dinner with great food and people. If we are ever back, we'll be staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have beautiful vaulted ceilings.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I have going to the Negril Treehouse every year since 2001. I’ve gone with friends, family and solo; I have also referred folks to the Treehouse. One would say that I’m a fan, but I consider myself family… and that’s how I’m treated. From the moment you arrive at the Treehouse you are greeted with sincerity and excitement, especially if you’re a return guest. It usually only takes the staff a day to learn your name and beverage preferences and they remember, year after year.

Over the past few years I’ve seen great improvements to the décor, the social activities and the overall preservation of the property itself. They even have a non-denominational church on the premises if you want to attend worship (and they remember you too!).

The highlight for me is the breakfast. I’m usually there for 9 days and I pray that in those nine days they prepare the brown stew chicken and they never disappoint - it is delicious! Also, you get to mix and mingle with the other guests, many of them are also repeat visitors, so you can often catch up with everyone!

It would be hard for me to say anything negative about the Treehouse as each time I go the experience gets better and better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My stay at the Negril Tree House was awesome!.The staff was very friendly and attentive. Loved the open air lobby area which was very pleasant and inviting.The best food ever from the buffet breakfast to the beach front restaurant and bar. Alan the "singing chef" makes the best jerk chicken I've ever tasted! I also enjoyed oxtails and fish while vacationing there. Loved the balcony location. The waves were so soothing at night that I slept very peacefully. I enjoyed the warm sea water which was so clear.The sand felt so good oozing through my toes and to the soles of my feet. Will definitely do a repeat! Hopefully I will be able to stay in room 5 again! I'd like to thank the owner for the great hospitality! I am also enjoying Jessica's almond oil! My next stay will definitely be booked at the NTH.

Room Tip: If you like hearing the waves lapping at shore and enjoy an amazing seaside view and sunset, ask for...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank MzMarie219
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Negril Treehouse is right in the heart of the action, pretty much smack dab in the middle of the stretch of beach called 7-mile Beach. It is situated between shops, other resorts, and numerous restaurants so one can walk out of their room and be right in the thick of the action. Also, the resort's section of beach features crystalline turquoise ocean water (unlike the beach at Sandals, for instance, which is plagued by thick seaweed).

As others have said, the Treehouse staff are all generally friendly and helpful. The rooms are fairly basic but clean and well-maintained.

A few things:
- Internet access is only available in the hotel lobby. If you'd like wifi access in your room, you must pay $4 for 24-hour access.
- The resort's on-site restaurant offers a limited menu but its offerings are tasty and, quite frankly, to die for. We tried other restaurants in the area and, night after night, kept returning to the Treehouse restaurant because it was just so good.
- The buffet breakfast is not extensive but is above board, slightly varied day after day, and filling.
- There is plenty to do in the area if one simply wanders off the resort property and heads to the beach where vendors, boat captains and every ilk and manner of salesperson will attempt to sell you their wares and excursions and the like.
- The hotel room walls are a bit thin so it is possible to hear conversations in adjoining rooms rather clearly.

We stayed at Treehouse as part of our belated honeymoon. It seemed to us that many other couples staying there had the same idea. Our thought is that this resort is ideal for couples. Families with small children may find more child-centered activities at all-inclusive resorts in the area.

We'd absolutely stay at Treehouse again and recommend without reservation.

Room Tip: Consider staying in a room in the middle of the resort, away from both beach/tourist noise and the b...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Found an awesome deal on LivingSocial for the Treehouse, so, I decided to look up TripAdvisor to see if it was worth the purchase price. The reviews blew me away! Heck yeah, I'm going!
My sister & I returned home yesterday after a 5day stay and I miss it so! It was perfect! From pick up at the airport to drop off, it was the most laid back, easy breezy, no hassle vacay I've had in a while, and I vacay often!
Special Shout out to Elrick, Taneesha, Leon & Patrick for making us smile on a daily basis. You guys made it feel like home!
Thank you Treehouse. You will definitely be seeing me again!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 20 December 2013

To Gail & the staff at Negril Tree House....Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We had a very relaxing vacation with you. It was nice to see the ocean had receded back away from the edge of the bar. As last time, the waves were splashing into the bar area. Thanks, for putting us up in room #4. What a view! The room was nice. The grounds are always beautiful. Malcomb does a good job. The food was real good. I finally met the movie star chef Allen! What a live-wire! Never a dull moment around him! Jermaine does a good job of "taking care of things" . Stacy ,our breakfast server, what a sweetheart! Always smiling! And what can I say about the BREAKFAST! other than outstanding! Loved the chocolate chip waffles & made to order omelottes. Then there's the resident golf pro Jessie! Karen & Shantelle at the front desk. Sorry if I missed anybody else. I will and have been telling other friends about the Negril Tree House! Want to get back asap. But, since your resort is so popular, it's hard to get a room now, especially before prime time season. People plan ahead! Way ahead! Our stay at NTH was Dec. 8 thru Dec. 12. Oh yes, and the Picocat is a good sunset cruise to go on. Thanks again Gail! Hope you & Charmaine were "lucky" in Vegas! Respect, your friends, Deb & Todd One Love.

Room Tip: We have stayed in rooms 34 and 4. Room 34 is back of property. A garden view, and nice. Room 4 is in...
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Negril Treehouse is very well run. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are awesome and the beds are good quality. Smaller rooms are good and suites are beautiful. The gardens that you walk though from your room are well maintained everyday by gardeners. The owner has established a wonderful place and I give her plenty of credit and thanks. There are many other special features of the Negril Treehouse beyond this. The yoga taught by Jessica o is gentle and professional and her energy is caring and kind and full of gratitude. Perfect yoga for Jamaica: you hear the waves of the ocean, see the blue sky and hear nature chirping around you. She also sells this amazing almond oil she makes herself which my husband and I used. It is terrific for many things. There is plenty of shade if you want shade at the beach where you may meet some of the guests who stay here all winter. Very great people and great vibes.
I recommend Keith to take you on quiet sunset sail to the north or right from nth about 2000 ft if you can find him. Food on the Norman Manley street amazing. Try soup a Kingfisher TOGO really cheap and delicious. Great Place